Bougherra out for three weeks....

Frankie

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why WS moved him to fullback in the first place.

That's actually a complete myth.

Papac played at left back under PLG on occasions and we had a combination of Hemdani/Rodriquez/Svensson at CB.

The real reason Papac played left back under Walter was due to the bad injury Stevie Smith occured before Walter signed and he was the only other player capable of playing that position and made it his own.

I'd say the two of our best players in the CL this season have been Bougherra and Edu (up there with Naisy) and they could well be out for our CL game against Manchester United.

Horrible news. If they are both out how will we line up?

:mcgregor:

:Foster: :broadfoot: :weir: :papac: :whittaker:

:davis: :mcculloch: :Naismith: :lafferty:

:miller:

:anguish: at Hernandez up against Broadfoot, Weir and Papac.

I'll try and forget about Nani and Obertan or Giggs on the wings.

He's been our best player in the Champions League IMO.

This injury could almost completely rule us out of 2nd place, as he has been mustard in Europe this year.

One of the main reasons as to why the formation we have been playing works so well, Valencia aside.

I don't normally look past the next game, but I'm dreading the Manchester United game, it's going to be one long night.

'll try and forget about Nani and Obertan or Giggs on the wings.

Nani and Obertan don't worry me one bit, they are absolutely pish, Obertan especially. Can't remember the last time Giggs played on the wing?

Nani and Obertan don't worry me one bit, they are absolutely pish, Obertan especially. Can't remember the last time Giggs played on the wing?

Fair enough, but the though of Nani or anyone of a certain quality up against Steven Whittaker doesn't fill me with confidence.

Will we see a young lad given a chance to fill the gap by Bougherra? Not a chance! Walter Smith would rather shoehorn McCulloch in there than give someone a shot in their proper position.

I can see us struggling for a few weeks to come. Some tricky games, injuries mounting up and CL games to fit in as well.

Oh - and for what it's worth - I hope we have a bid for Bougherra tabled by someone (anyone) in the January window.

I'm not sure his heart is in it for The Rangers.

Much like Webster's...........apparently.

Aye, we are in a position to welcome bids for our best players <cr>

with no edu, if big lee goes to cb for the man united game, we have no real defensive midfielders, Hutton maybe?

Also my dad pointed out to me in the second half that boogie was holding his hamstring, i watched him do this on numerous occasions, why was he not taken off there and then? I think he played about half an hour after i saw him pull up.

and he still traveled for a Shiite friendly big fuckin dough ball