FAO All Posters

WaltersGotStyle

I am sick of reading... "I hope we get pumped out"... "Its worthless"...

Below is a link to the coefficient table of 2009

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/tcoef2009.html

And here is the 2008 table after the UEFA cup final run...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/tcoef2008.html

It is plain to see that for the sake of Scottish Football we need to press on and do our best in this tournament.

However from a more selfish point of view we have to look at the financial implications

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/01/51/72/70/1517270_DOWNLOAD.pdf

As you can see from the link above the 8 teams that dropped from the CL in 2009 averaged a good income.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also a very important league title at steak, which this competition will no doubt cause a distraction from.

But you could apply that logic to just about anything.

Let's not have the players train, incase they get injured as it's an important league title at steak.

Or let's not compete at all in next years Champions League incase a player get's tired.

I don't want to sound insulting, but it's a bit of a losers mentality. We are Rangers, the most successful team in the world and people have all sorts of ready made excuses for failure.

We have won trebles in the past with the distraction of Europe and we will again.

As BluePeter said last week, it's an elitist attitude sacrificing one competition for another.

And as I said myself, anyone clamming on about not wanting the Europa league - will be funny seeing you's all climb over yourself for tickets for Dublin, if it happens.

Let's not have the players train, incase they get injured as it's an important league title at steak.

Or let's not compete at all in next years Champions League incase a player get's tired.

I don't want to sound insulting, but it's a bit of a losers mentality. We are Rangers, the most successful team in the world and people have all sorts of ready made excuses for failure.

We have won trebles in the past with the distraction of Europe and we will again.

As BluePeter said last week, it's an elitist attitude sacrificing one competition for another.

And as I said myself, anyone clamming on about not wanting the Europa league - will be funny seeing you's all climb over yourself for tickets for Dublin, if it happens.

Spot on mate.

We're dealing with one of the smallest squads we've probably ever had.

Times have changed, that can't just be ignored.

To be honest I can't see us get further than the Quarter Final. There are so many hard teams in it.

Athletico Madrid, Liverpool, Man City, Sevilla, Porto, Zenit plus the drop outs from the Champions League.

Hope we give it a right go though!

if we were to make the quarters we would be very rich in points and cash.

Simply not true.

Rangers’ total earnings also dwarfed those of Fulham, the Europa League runners-up. It proves once again that, for all Uefa has tried to redesign its second club tournament as the Champions League’s little brother, it remains very much the poor relation.

Fulham earned just £8.2m (€10m) despite progressing all the way to the final, with each club in the competition picking up £490,000 (€600,000) for reaching the group phase, £245,000 (€300,000) for completing their six matches, and £98,000 (€120,000) for a win and £49,000 (€60,000) for each draw.

This article was about our 2009 CL in which we only got 2 points, even if we win the EL I doubt we'd double half of the money earned in the CL.

I am not saying that an extra million is lousy at all, it would be great, But we won't ve 'very rich'.

Who cares we are in Europe still we are more than capable of doing something here it was shown 2 years ago be it we had a better team then but we still have a team who is capable of getting a draw at Old Trafford how many teams go there and do that

Not only the draw, they didnt score and we were unlucky to lose at home.