The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Of course you are and i am equally entitle to disagree with you and others so long as it is in the spirit of sensible debate (Which it is)

I am basing my view of the Board on their handling of this takeover deal which i assumed you were referring to.

Over the piece though (Before Johnston arrived) they have been appalling in their negligence and defence of the Rangers.

Johnstons sole remit when he was installed as Chairman was to seek a buyer for the club so i am not going to apportion too much blame on to him as the day to day running of the club has always been in the hands of Smithers. (Bain)

Johnston failed to find a buyer for the club, a company called Merchant Pensum are credited with introducing the proposed buyer to Rangers, such companies take rather large commissions for such introductions, I wonder not, where MP leads to. :sherlock:

Johnston failed to find a buyer for the club, a company called Merchant Pensum are credited with introducing the proposed buyer to Rangers, such companies take rather large commissions for such introductions, I wonder not, where MP leads to. :sherlock:

:rolleyes:

What are you suggesting?

RealMacKaySTV John MacKay

RT @hendohendo: Sir David Murray has just left his office in Edinburgh @STVSport Will bring you the latest in the #rangerstakeover

Was that back in the days before other teams got to keep their own ticket money/gate receipts? :lol:

I still go Mr TrueFan ®.

I just don't give money to terrorist loving, paedo harbouring scum. Unlike you :sherlock:

Heartbeat of the club my arse.

So what link should I be sitting refreshing at half 4?

Announcement of any offer has to go to the stock market, at least 2 national newspapers and at least 2 news wire services at the same time, so take your pick.

AP are usually quickest at getting this stuff out, so will probably be everywhere at once, unless leaked.

I still go Mr TrueFan ®.

I just don't give money to terrorist loving, paedo harbouring scum. Unlike you :sherlock:

Heartbeat of the club my arse.

Unlike me and thousands others. I assume you've never seen the clamour for Old Firm tickets on here?

Why don't you have a pop at them in the ticket request threads?

You were clamming for a ticket for the Scottish Cup game against them at Ibrox ... they get a share of the gate receipts you know. What's your excuse there? or you going to just keep making stuff up inside your head aye?

AJ's quote today: "After that I will go back to being the club's number one fan."

Arrogant fud. What gives him the right to think he is the club's number one fan?

An accusation of arrogance From someone calling themselves Boss, with a tag line of "keeping an eye on you" And there location set as a godly "everywhere" Could be a bit rich... :sherlock:

Unlike me and thousands others. I assume you've never seen the clamour for Old Firm tickets on here?

Why don't you have a pop at them in the ticket request threads?

You were clamming for a ticket for the Scottish Cup game against them at Ibrox ... they get a share of the gate receipts you know. What's your excuse there? or you going to just keep making stuff up inside your head aye?

I knew you would start to take this shite seriously. Again.

To illustrate my point - you mean clamouring for a ticket to a game and offering you a shag at my wife in exchange? You believed it!

Ooft!

Tell you another thing I've never done, TrueFan® - I've never discounted a ticket outside a game to the detriment of fellow bears selling their spares.

Last words always yours wee man - keep digging :pipe:

RT @hendohendo: Sir David Murray has just apparently bent craig whyte over giving it laldy whilst smoking a cigar @STVSport Will bring you the latest in the #rangerstakeover

RT @hendohendo: Sir David Murray has just left his office in Edinburgh @STVSport Will bring you the latest in the #rangerstakeover

Ah SDM has just left work at a time when most people leave work, the take over must be on :pipe:

An accusation of arrogance From someone calling themselves Boss, with a tag line of "keeping an eye on you" And there location set as a godly "everywhere" Could be a bit rich... :sherlock:

Been thus for more than a decade - I was young and naive at the time. I am now old and wrinkly. :disappointment:

The tag line and location refer to my moderatorship, not my omnipresence. :D

Can someone please give me a quick update, been off line and away from the football news for a few days.

BBC claims AJ said within 24hrs, story on their website contains no such quote but does look encouraging. Murray has just left his office having been reported to have met Whyte. We await the stock exchange being informed of an offer but as usual we're guessing

Can someone please give me a quick update, been off line and away from the football news for a few days.

Rangers Takeover Nears Completion

Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston has told BBC Scotland that he expects Craig Whyte to complete his proposed takeover of the club within the next 24 hours.

And Johnston, who confirmed that he is to stand down from his post later this month, insists he has no regrets about raising concerns over the deal.

Whyte has agreed terms with Sir David Murray to buy his 85% share in the club and to pay off Rangers' £22m debt.

Whyte is currently in Scotland aiming to tie up the protracted transaction.

The Motherwell-born, London-based venture capitalist has been negotiating with Rangers since mid-November.

Johnston was part of an independent sub-committee of board members that questioned Whyte's long-term plans for the Ibrox club.

Continue reading the main story

I'm confident that the efforts of the board have improved the deal significantly for the benefit of the club

Alistair Johnston

Rangers chairman

On 19 April, Johnston released a statement casting doubts about the level of investment coming from Whyte and asking for time to consider an alternative.

A week later, Johnston made something of a U-turn, saying: "The committee are now much closer to viewing Craig Whyte's bid as the right one for Rangers."

And now the committee, who only ever had limited powers to delay the deal, no longer stand in the way.

"A great deal of work has been done by the board and I'm very proud of that," said Johnston.

"I'm confident that the efforts of the board have improved the deal significantly for the benefit of the club.

"Our views will come out in the future and I'm comfortable with that, but I don't want to stand in the way of progress. I will resign as intended on 16 May but will be working hard until then to make sure Rangers secure the SPL title.

"After that I will go back to being the club's number one fan."

One of Whyte's early promises was to provide £25m over five seasons towards strengthening the playing squad.

But a source close to the negotiations told BBC Scotland in early April that the businessman had decided to make available "significantly more" than the average sum of £5m-a-season to Ally McCoist when he succeeds current manager Walter Smith at the start of next term.

The terms of the proposed takeover will see Murray receive £6m, the amount he paid to take over at Ibrox in 1988.

BBC claims AJ said within 24hrs, story on their website contains no such quote but does look encouraging. Murray has just left his office having been reported to have met Whyte. We await the stock exchange being informed of an offer but as usual we're guessing

Cheers (tu)