The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Dont know how to take this news. Im wondering if the tax issue is now resolved, AJ said in an interview with a radio station 2/3 months ago that the tax issue would be resolved by the end of November. That time has come.

I havnt saw anything about Ellis that excites me. Whyte i know absolutely nothing about, just wondering too for older Bears, how much was known about Murray before he took over?

<cr>

So if it happens before January, what positions do we need to fill more than any other? Centre half and right back in my opinion are the priorities. We're sorted in the goalkeeping department with two extremely realiable goalkeepers. Left back, Papac is more than capable at the moment and we have Whittaker as back up. Centre mid, we have enough just now to win this league and with the emergence of Hutton we could have a gem. Left wing, we're sruggling, but hopefully Kerkar can make it his own. Right wing, Weiss and Davis can dispute over, although Davis should be an attacking CENTRAL midfielder. Up front we have Naismith, Miller, Lafferty and Jelavic. More than enough up top. With two of those able to play other positions.

So in my opinion, right back and centre half and we're sorted for the season. Anything else is a bonus.

Very exciting :)

Any new ownership is a risk, but the talk of wiping out the debt and investing in the team is promising

Yes, totally agree. Of course it is a risk but nobody wants us to carry on the way we have been. A fresh start is definitely an exciting prospect. (tu)

the slightly re-assuring thing for me is that at least we know that Whyte is someone who is a fan of the club so at least he will know of the history and traditions of the club and isn't some outsider who hasn't got a clue about us.

Though the fact that Ellis is involved leaves me with a touch of apprehension as I'm still a little worried by his motives, going on previous attempts he has made at taking over football clubs, particularly QPR at the turn of the century when all he seemed to be interested in was the potential to make money by moving the club and selling the ground for prime real estate

the slightly re-assuring thing for me is that at least we know that Whyte is someone who is a fan of the club so at least he will know of the history and traditions of the club and isn't some outsider who hasn't got a clue about us.

Though the fact that Ellis is involved leaves me with a touch of apprehension as I'm still a little worried by his motives, going on previous attempts he has made at taking over football clubs, particularly QPR at the turn of the century when all he seemed to be interested in was the potential to make money by moving the club and selling the ground for prime real estate

If you read anything in the press or online about whyte it's far worse than anything i can find about ellis......

I have to say that I'm still unsure about Ellis. This new take over is heading the same way as last year's attempt. Big announcement about the potential take over, then a delay.

If this isn't done by the middle of January I can see it going tits up.

I'd also like to see Johnston stay on as Chairman. I think he's done a great job since being installed. Unfortunately, I doubt Ellis would welcome that!

why would anyone <cr>

Everyone of your replies piss me off. I wonder if you're like this in person, because if you are I'm willing to bet you've had a few tankings in your lifetime, cos you're an arsehole.

Everyone of your replies piss me off. I wonder if you're like this in person, because if you are I'm willing to bet you've had a few tankings in your lifetime, cos you're an arsehole.

He sits lurking (you can see his name at the bottom reading) and pops up just to disagree with people or be cheeky at random.

He's got the personality of a tapeworm.