Miller wants to stay.

PaulRFC1

KENNY MILLER hopes a Rangers takeover ends the saga about his Ibrox future and insisted: I want to STAY.

The Gers striker is out of contract at the end of the season and talks over a new deal have hit a brick wall.

Yesterday the 18-goal ex-Celtic hitman collapsed laughing as he posed under the sign at Gers' hotel here - the CELIK PALAS!

And as he pondered Craig Whyte's proposed £33million buyout of the Ibrox side, he said: "If a takeover happens I'm sure it will be to stabilise the club rather than coming in to start throwing money about like we did before."

But Miller admits it is up to prospective new owner Whyte, whether he stays or goes.

He added: "It might help my situation, then again it might not.

"I can only answer that when it happens - IF it happens. But I've always said I'm happy at Rangers and nothing's changed.

"There's no doubt it's been the best two and a half years of my career. Working with the manager and the staff has been great. We've been really successful in hard times.

"We've won six trophies in the last three seasons since the manager came back and that's a great haul.

"It's also been the most turbulent time the club has seen with the debt, but I've loved it.

"My objective when I came back was to win the league. For me to have an easyish life here we simply had to be successful - that was really important and we did that.

"We have done maybe a lot better than a lot of people expected but it was a massive thing for me personally that we were successful.

"When I returned Celtic had won three in a row and playing a part in winning the league back was top of the agenda.

"There was probably no better way to do that than winning it on the last day - much as we enjoyed winning it with games to spare last season - it was a fantastic way to win the league.

"Had things not gone to plan on the field it might have gone against me because of the opposition to me coming back.

"But the team is successful and that's gone a long way to helping the fans accept me again."

Miller - who has scored 19 goals all-in this season - could be a transfer target during the January window.

He shrugged: "I'm sure every player's phone rings at some point to ask if you fancy this or that.

"There are a lot of panic buttons being pressed when it gets towards the end of a transfer window. Right now there is nothing for me to worry about."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3263542/Buy-out-Rangers-keep-me.html#ixzz17NrY1pW3

Miller should accept a reasonable 3/4 year contract and enjoy his last years as a hero with the Gers. If he does not sign an extension, sell him as an asset in January and bring in another, younger striker.

I really shake my head at these fucking "Scoops"...The fuckwit writing that goes out of his way to label Kenny Miller an "EX-Celtic HITMAN"...for fuck sake; No wonder the country has so many problems with the way the media ramp up the Rangers-Celtic divide.

Why not say he was an "Ex Hibs striker" or an "Ex Rangers striker" etc!

Thank fuck I moved away from all that shit many many years ago.

Kenny Miller never wanted to leave Rangers in 2001= Fact.

Kenny Miller is a Hibs fan= Fact

Kenny Miller will go/ stay to the club that offers him the contract that best suits Kenny Miller....not Rangers or any other club=Fact

Talk about making my head nip! :anguish:

Miller should accept a reasonable 3/4 year contract and enjoy his last years as a hero with the Gers. If he does not sign an extension, sell him as an asset in January and bring in another, younger striker.

Im not fussed if he leaves, id rather he left than was given a good wage rise and a 3 year deal, but i would rather lose him for free in the summer than take £1m for him now, providing he still gave his all in his remaining 6 months

Don't know the truth in this or not as we hear different rumors day in day out, it's possible it's not really the wages that are an issue as he is fully aware of the restraints that the club are under regarding wages, but it's more to do with the length of contract being offered.

Don't know the truth in this or not as we hear different rumors day in day out, it's possible it's not really the wages that are an issue as he is fully aware of the restraints that the club are under regarding wages, but it's more to do with the length of contract being offered.

If that is the case surely we could structure it based on appearances but of course we don't know the ins and outs

Kenny has earned a new contract and deserves to be paid well for his services. Obviously the amount will differ between the player and our money men.

I don't think Kenny will be to unreasonable as he knows fine well the restraints we are working under. If/when the takeover happens I hope Craig Whyte sorts this out straight away.

He's been in talks 2 or 3 times. The club clearly won't meet his demands.

Are they unreasonable? Depends what they are. Personally I don't think he'll sign and do a Boyd on us. This is carbon copy of the crap Boyd came out with

He's been in talks 2 or 3 times. The club clearly won't meet his demands.

Are they unreasonable? Depends what they are. Personally I don't think he'll sign and do a Boyd on us. This is carbon copy of the crap Boyd came out with