McGregor, Bougherra and Naismith face celtc bans

Muff

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't afford to rest anyone. Let's not take The saints for granted here.

We can, we've still got options.

If we can't beat St. Mirren at Ibrox with: McGregor, Whittaker, Weir, Papac, Foster, Weiss, Hutton/McCulloch, Davis, Wylde/Fleck, Beattie and Miller, then there is something far wrong.

Losing either Naismith or Bougherra for the scum would be a big loss.

We can, we've still got options.

If we can't beat St. Mirren at Ibrox with: McGregor, Whittaker, Weir, Papac, Foster, Weiss, Hutton/McCulloch, Davis, Wylde/Fleck, Beattie and Miller, then there is something far wrong.

Losing either Naismith or Bougherra for the scum would be a big loss.

As you've pointed out on several occasions, we've been struggling in a lot of games, is losing 2 of our better players going to help that?

I can't see Smith leaving them out off the back off the weekends result and performance.

If this match is postponed does the same rules apply for the next game?

Say if either player got booked against Motherwell would they still miss the celtc game?

No,suspension kicks in a set number of days after the points limit is exceeded.

Shouldn't be in this fucking predicament, especially Bougherra who missed games out with his injury. He deserves to be fined if he doesn't miss Celtic game anyway.

Our Club pride our self on 'dignity', back chat and meaningless arguing isn't being dignified. Naismith is more understandble as he gets kicked around the park, Hearts away sticks out in my mind, and if im correct the Uefa stats show him to be the most fouled player. But Bougherra just mouths off whenever he is right or wrong.

He needs to learn he can't get away with it. How many times does he face suspensions, just before the split usually.

As you've pointed out on several occasions, we've been struggling in a lot of games, is losing 2 of our better players going to help that?

I can't see Smith leaving them out off the back off the weekends result and performance.

Surely the players must be raring to go after what the likes of Weir, Walter Smith and McGregor have come out with, along with their recent performances?

We've played without Bougherra at the back before and done ok. I'd rather he was available for celtc than St. Mirren, plus he's not been playing well in the SPL.

The both of them can't keep their mouths shut, and I wouldn't be suprised if both got booked.

Three Rangers players run the risk of missing the vital clash with Celtic on January 2 if they are booked this weekend. Madjid Bougherra, Steven Naismith and Allan McGregor could all pass the disciplinary points threshold if they fall foul of the referee against St Mirren.

The trio are all currently sitting on 15 disciplinary points and a further yellow card would see an automatic suspension kick in. With the ban applying two weeks after the threshold is passed, any suspension would see the players missing the New Year derby at Ibrox.

Walter Smith has been operating with a reduced squad this season and is unlikely to believe he has the luxury of resting the trio but he will be aware that any miss-step will rule a key player out of a match that could have a huge bearing on the title race.

Bougherra and Naismith have been shown five yellow cards each this season. The Algerian defender picked up his most recent caution against Aberdeen on November 13 while Naismith was last booked in the 3-2 win at Kilmarnock a week later.

McGregor has only seen yellow once this season, against Hibs in August, but was punished for an incident missed by the referee in Rangers’ match at Pittodrie in September. The goalkeeper kicked out at Chris Maguire and was hit with a one match suspension and had 12 disciplinary points added to his record.

While a yellow card is not a guarantee of suspension, it is likely that if any of the three draw the attention of match referee Euan Norris on Saturday then they will sit out the derby in January. Most bookings carry an automatic three point punishment, with only offences such as obstruction, handball and delaying the restart picking up less points.

Surely the players must be raring to go after what the likes of Weir, Walter Smith and McGregor have come out with, along with their recent performances?

We've played without Bougherra at the back before and done ok. I'd rather he was available for celtc than St. Mirren, plus he's not been playing well in the SPL.

The both of them can't keep their mouths shut, and I wouldn't be suprised if both got booked.

You'd think so, but this isn't a recent thing, its been going on back into last season. We've gone behind 8 times this season and we continue to start games slowly, so the penny should have dropped long before now, so I won't hold my breath looking for anything different this weekend.

I'd be interested to see how many bookings we've picked up for mouthing off this season, seems to be something else thats creeping in. 2 more for dissent at the weekend there.

If we started quickly in matches, we could have started them all and won the game by half time to allow youngsters to take their place in the second half.

Sadly, with the way we start games, we'd need to risk them being on that park for 75/80 minutes to get the three points.

What do they mean by this? :pipe:

I think they're referring to yellow cards having different points values depending on the specific nature of the booking: dissent, reckless challenge etc. By the sounds of it all three must be close to the points limit to pick up a suspension.

:alexander:

:Foster: :weir: :papac: :whittaker:

:davis: :hutton: :mcculloch: :wylde:

:miller: :beattie:

That side SHOULD beat St Mirren quite comfortably imo. Even throw Cole in for Whittaker and swap him with Foster and it should be fine. Would also give some players who actually want to impress a run about.