Vladimir Weiss

Davie2909

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your 'first point' stated that he would never have a 'top flight career'.

by top flight i mean at one of the big clubs mate. he wont he really wont.

your nanis and andersons parks etc even play wrong side.

same at all the top clubs.

maybe he will be the exception.

i wasnt meaning he wouldnt be playing in the top division in scotland or slovakia.

so he could play another 500 matches in his career in the role he played today , be man of the match in every game , but never have a top flight career because he can't play on the left as effectively ???????????

You are talking some sheeeeeeeeite pal .

your missing the point.

very few players especialy wide players are lucky enough to play where they want week in week out.

laudrup never got to what makes you thin weiss a player who couldnt touch him will?

by top flight i mean at one of the big clubs mate. he wont he really wont.

your nanis and andersons parks etc even play wrong side.

same at all the top clubs.

maybe he will be the exception.

i wasnt meaning he wouldnt be playing in the top division in scotland or slovakia.

He might, he might not. I'm certainly not going to pass judgement on the short time he's been here.

However to say he 'won't', based on him being poor when played out of position, is nonsense.

your missing the point.

very few players especialy wide players are lucky enough to play where they want week in week out.

laudrup never got to what makes you thin weiss a player who couldnt touch him will?

I think you're missing the point here . To claim that a player who may excell in his preffered position , may not have a " top flight career " , because he doesn't excell in another , is absolutely ridiculous .

Vlad may never have what you consider to be a top flight career , but it will be down to the lack of talent , not lack of ability to perform out of position .

but i assume he would like to hence why he cant just give up on the idea of being able to play on the left. which is my whole point.

But if he become's that good behind the striker and on the right, who knows.

Only an idiot manager would discount a player based on performances out of position.

lack of talent lack of ability in a position. whats the difference.

i said its all very well saying he cant play on the left but if he wants a top flight career blah blah.

i just assume he wants a top flight career.

perhaps he wants to be a minorly sucessful right winger come number 10.

its hard for me to be sure.

Just turned 21, plenty of time for him to improve.

Compared to a number of players his age, he's played a lot less games.

thats actually some of what i was driving at. he will want to improve his performances and effectivness whan he is asked to play on the left. i am sure of that.

people seem to think its ok for him to just give up on improving that part of his game and hope he gets lucky and never has to play there. thats just not very likley.

i said its all very well saying he cant play on the left but if he wants a top flight career blah blah.

Or.....he'll go on to be a world-class right winger, who is poor, and therefor never asked to play on, the left.

its all well and good to say he cant play on the left. but if he wants to have a top flight career in football he will almost certainly need to learnt to play there and play effectivly when required.

Is he having a shot at centre half next game maybe even goalie ?

But if he become's that good behind the striker and on the right, who knows.

Only an idiot manager would discount a player based on performances out of position.

and only an idiot player would give up on games because he cant play a position.

i knew a guy years ago he plyaed with clyde on the right wing no left foot. but they had some problems and he had to play on the left for a while. he was down the park every day playing with his left foot exclusivly untill he could contribute.

he didnt just disapear and hope for the best on the right.

Hold up a minute .

Let's say wee vlad develops into the best right sided midfield player in the world . Do you honestly Think that managers wouldn't sign him or have him in their team ? Because he couldn't play on the left side if asked once in a blue moon ?

You are deluded !

i cant say for sure but in the modern game i bet he would have ben asked to play on the right from time to time.

perhaps because of injuries, tactics or maybe to get at a poor left back.

i also bet he wouldnt just give up like weiss when he is out there. infact i bet he would turn in a decent display.

Very true mate. Totally agree (tu)

Slim Jim was so good though, he could play anywhere.

He has talent and he has the ability to play anywhere across the middle of the park and behind the striker, havent you seen that from his time at this club?

He is more effective on the right than the left, yes but to try and discount his ability as a footballer based on a couple of poor performances in his "weaker" position is just stupid.

When he starts on the right, he has the option of cutting in and hitting the byline. When he starts on the left he only has the option of cutting in. Therefore he is more effective on the right. If he started on the right, he would end up on the left hand side from time to time as is the case with wingers, they do tend to swap positions but they more often than not end up going back to the other side. Thats when this problem seems to occure with Vlad, when he starts on the left he is too one dimensional but he has shown he has ability from the left, cutting in from the left on his first appearance against hibs he set up a goal. The free role was perfect for him today as it allowed him to utilise both wings but return to where he was strongest and that is the right and in behind the striker.