Vladimir Weiss

Davie2909

i dont know mate. is he two footed by any chance?

No idea ma man, just heard the other day he had signed for Barca and i thought he was a winger type, like Weiss.

Weiss signing for a top club may not be as far fetched as some think, not yet of course, but in time........

No one can say for certain

In saying all that, i cant see him making it at City or even being given a chance.

(tu)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens if Weiss plays 20 games on the spin at RW, creates plenty of chances, scores plenty of goals and runs riot will he be deemed not good enough because he has not done it on the left? I don't think so.

I don't remember davie cooper ever playing on the right wing would you say the same about him ?

fantastic player who for a variety of reasons would struggle in the modern game. unless he changed how he played and trained.

he was also at rangers largly when a good player like him could write his own ticket. perhaps if he was more versatile he would have played more after souness arrived. perhaps he was a bit past it by then.

i will say this i saw him play in the middle of the park for motherwell a couple of times.

What happens if Weiss plays 20 games on the spin at RW, creates plenty of chances, scores plenty of goals and runs riot will he be deemed not good enough because he has not done it on the left? I don't think so.

thats not what i am saying i am just saying if he wants to have the best career he possibly can he better learn to be better when he has to play on the left.

what happens if fleck plays out his skin on the right for 20 games does weiss content himself with the bench?

He has talent and he has the ability to play anywhere across the middle of the park and behind the striker, havent you seen that from his time at this club?

He is more effective on the right than the left, yes but to try and discount his ability as a footballer based on a couple of poor performances in his "weaker" position is just stupid.

When he starts on the right, he has the option of cutting in and hitting the byline. When he starts on the left he only has the option of cutting in. Therefore he is more effective on the right. If he started on the right, he would end up on the left hand side from time to time as is the case with wingers, they do tend to swap positions but they more often than not end up going back to the other side. Thats when this problem seems to occure with Vlad, when he starts on the left he is too one dimensional but he has shown he has ability from the left, cutting in from the left on his first appearance against hibs he set up a goal. The free role was perfect for him today as it allowed him to utilise both wings but return to where he was strongest and that is the right and in behind the striker.

he clearly doesnt have the talent to play on the left yet.

No idea ma man, just heard the other day he had signed for Barca and i thought he was a winger type, like Weiss.

Weiss signing for a top club may not be as far fetched as some think, not yet of course, but in time........

No one can say for certain

In saying all that, i cant see him making it at City or even being given a chance.

(tu)

seems he can play either wing perhaps thets why he is at barca

thats not what i am saying i am just saying if he wants to have the best career he possibly can he better learn to be better when he has to play on the left.

what happens if fleck plays out his skin on the right for 20 games does weiss content himself with the bench?

He has the talent to be a very good RW which means he does not have to play on the left week in week out. There will be times when he finds himself on the left but if he is played at RW then he does not need to go over to the left all the time.

But it seems Walter Smith thinks he should be on the left but he should really be played RW or in that free role he had today.

And there is no way John Fleck will be played on the right.

I'm just agreeing with your argument. No point judging a player in what he's good at! Its better to just focus on what they do when played in a position that isn't their strongest. If you can't play well in one position, it doesn't matter if you can in others.

i think we have our answer

Who gives a fuck? Played well, scores a goal and can get better as the season goes on.

Perhaps thats the problem, fans in Scotland don't want to see a player run at players or try something different. Probably one of the big problems with the scottish game.

I cant speak for most but I fucking love the wee man, sure he maybe is a bit greedy at times and chooses the wrong ball but the lad gets the ball back and goes again, keeps trying and today he got the rewards. I still maintain he is the only player in our team capable of doing what he did today and thats pick up a ball and run at a team, he had them on the ropes. He is an exciting (yet sometimes frustrating) player, dangerous, pacy, tricky.

Who gives a fuck? Played well, scores a goal and can get better as the season goes on.

Perhaps thats the problem, fans in Scotland don't want to see a player run at players or try something different. Probably one of the big problems with the scottish game.

Is that a serious post ? :lol:

The debate is he's shite(IMO) on the left and given a free role today we see the real Vlad Weiss.

i enjoyed his performance today and the teams. wasnt perfect and hes got a long way to go to become a regular player at a decent side.

thats all i am saying.

Is that a serious post ? :lol:

The debate is he's shite(IMO) on the left and given a free role today we see the real Vlad Weiss.

Of course its serious.

If he isn't keeping it simple or finding the right pass all the time, people question him. He is what he is, he is a tricky player, a dribbler, runs at defenders, offers the odd trick and is a big threat to the opposition if he plays well. Could rip celtic apart next week.

I think he is one of the best players in the squad. He will only get better as his confidence grows. So lets get behind the lad.

I'd rather a player tried to beat a few men and play a killer pass than get the ball, pass it backwards or just look to get rid of it straight away.

We moan about lack of creativity, someone who get's on the ball and tries to beat a man, yet when Weiss tries to do it, get's slated.

Wee man was fantastic today, not everything paid off, but at least he tried and had the vision to see the passes. His and the teams confidence must be high and that can only be a good thing.

Weiss has taken stick, he's said himself that he's been disappointing and will look to improve. Well today we saw a difference in his attitude and play, and I hope that he continues to be a starter, and performs.

An absolutely fantastic option to have and he's loving it at Rangers by the sounds of it.