Woy for the sack tomorrow

Kenny Dalgish for manager? Apparently he put himself up for the job in the summer? Could potentially be the spark that re-unites Anfield, he's also the last Liverpool manager to have won the Premier League before, so no comparisons to Newcastle and Shearer.

Speaking as a Liverpool fan its definately time for Roy to go. Its fairly obvious the players arent playing for him and as Hansen and Shearer said tonight there doesnt seem to be a way out of this "malise". Its a shame because he seems a really decent, geniune guy but he has to go. Bringing Rafa back would be a step backwards IMO and I dont want MON as manager either. I always feel he is incredibly overated (and its not just because Im bitter about him being an ex tim manager), he had millions to spend at Villa but didnt get them into the Champions League or any Cups. He would do the same at Liverpool, get them into 6th or 7th position every year but no more.

To be fair though

If he got Liverpool into 6th or 7th, he's done a good job ;)

To be fair to Raul Meireles, he's a cracking player, who is absolutely wasted out on the right.

Too many mediocre players in the squad: Johnson, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Konchesky, Lucas, Jovanovic, N'gog, Carragher, Babel, Kuyt, Aurelio, Maxi Rodriguez...

Gerrard, Cole, Torres, Agger, all cracking players, are far too injury-prone.

Glen Johnson should be ditched for Martin Kelly and Danny Wilson should come in for Kyrgiakos or Skrtel. Too many mistakes from those two.

Ian Holloway would be my pick. My only concern would be if he could spend millions on the right players?

Holloway wouldn't take the job because he won't deal with agents and players who he feels to be over paid.

His interviews, although funny, aren't what I'd expect fron a guy managing a top level club either.

Pass and move, it's the Liverpool groove? Not any more. The Hodgson way is more hoof and pray. As endless long punts were hammered towards Fernando Torres and David Ngog during last night's defeat to Wolves, it became increasingly impossible to justify Roy Hodgson lasting at Anfield beyond the end of the week. Patience has its virtues, and chairmen can be trigger-happy, but it is hardly compulsory; Hodgson's time is up. He simply has to go. Forget about giving him extra time and the chance to dip into the transfer market in January. Trust has to be earned and Hodgson has failed. Liverpool are perched three points above the bottom three. Losing to Northampton Town, Blackpool and Wolves at Anfield in the space of six months, no matter what financial constraints Hodgson has had to work under, is a grotesque underachievement for a club of Liverpool's elevated standing.

For all his complaints about the situation he inherited from Rafael Benítez, Hodgson took over a squad containing Pepe Reina, Jamie Carragher, Javier Mascherano, Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Torres. Granted, he lost Mascherano to Barcelona but he also willingly parted with Alberto Aquilani, while bringing in the laughable pair of Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen. Although Liverpool were average last season, they still finished seventh. With the players at his disposal, Hodgson has introduced an ugly, negative route-one style, which last night saw the defence bypassing the midfield with alarming regularity.

These tactics might have sufficed at Fulham, but then Hodgson has often appeared dumbfounded by the level of expectation at Anfield. Not only is this approach unforgivable against Wolves, who were bottom of the table before the game and had amassed just one point on their travels all season, it is hopelessly misguided considering the players at Hodgson's disposal. Torres is not exactly Kevin Davies – he needs the ball played to feet or for him to run on to. He will never beat the likes of Christophe Berra in the air. Torres is a world-class striker being forced to operate like a lower-league journeyman, even if his form has been at that standard since the summer.

While Liverpool's players must take some responsibility too, clearly Hodgson has lost the dressing room, if he ever had it in the first place. Under Benítez, when Liverpool were losing games at Anfield, teams would brace themselves for the inevitable barrage as they defended their goal at the Kop End, waiting for Gerrard to pop up with a jaw-dropping equaliser. Last night there was nothing. With Wolves, whose sparky, attractive style of play belied their lowly position, required to do the bare minimum, dissent grew among the home supporters. Afterwards Hodgson was critical of the fans, questioning where the "famous support" had gone. He sounded like an away fan mocking a subdued home crowd about the lack of atmosphere. It almost appears as if he is getting his shots in early. Liverpool's supporters already disliked Hodgson. This will be seen as a step too far.

Holloway wouldn't take the job because he won't deal with agents and players who he feels to be over paid.

His interviews, although funny, aren't what I'd expect fron a guy managing a top level club either.

Just because he gives funny and honest interviews? Quite refreshing IMO.

You didnt say if you thought he could do a good job? Id be interested to see if he could produce on that bigger scale.

To be fair though

If he got Liverpool into 6th or 7th, he's done a good job ;)

haha this season it would be a resonable achievement but nah I dont want him there.

I wouldnt want Kenny Dalglish back either, he has been out the management game for a while now and the Barnes/Daglish partnership at the piggery was a total fuck up, dont think he would do any better at Anfield than Roy TBH. I like Holloway but I think Blackpoll is his level, cant see him ever being a manager of a top 6 club.

haha this season it would be a resonable achievement but nah I dont want him there.

I wouldnt want Kenny Dalglish back either, he has been out the management game for a while now and the Barnes/Daglish partnership at the piggery was a total fuck up, dont think he would do any better at Anfield than Roy TBH. I like Holloway but I think Blackpoll is his level, cant see him ever being a manager of a top 6 club.

I think Kenny would be a excellent stop-gap until the summer, for one, he would get Anfield united again, and he may manage to motivate the players, hes played and managed at the highest level, and won everything there is to win at club level. Roy has lost both the fan support and the dressing room. The players do not look motivated, Dalgish would demand respect, and the players would accept him. He's a living legend within the club, and possibly the only person who could get Liverpool back on track this season, sacking Roy and putting Kenny in would give NESV time to look for both a CEO and a new manager who will take Liverpool forwards.

I think Kenny would be a excellent stop-gap until the summer, for one, he would get Anfield united again, and he may manage to motivate the players, hes played and managed at the highest level, and won everything there is to win at club level. Roy has lost both the fan support and the dressing room. The players do not look motivated, Dalgish would demand respect, and the players would accept him. He's a living legend within the club, and possibly the only person who could get Liverpool back on track this season, sacking Roy and putting Kenny in would give NESV time to look for both a CEO and a new manager who will take Liverpool forwards.

I agree that Kenny would get the morale and spirit back and drum into the players what it means to play for Liverpool. It would only be a temperary appoitment though and I have read that unless it was for a permanent position then he wouldnt be interested in taking on that role.

I agree that Kenny would get the morale and spirit back and drum into the players what it means to play for Liverpool. It would only be a temperary appoitment though and I have read that unless it was for a permanent position then he wouldnt be interested in taking on that role.

Would it be such a bad thing to give him the permanent position, considering some of the names currently being linked... like Martin O'Neil and Owen Coyle?. He cannot be any worse than Roy.

Would it be such a bad thing to give him the permanent position, considering some of the names currently being linked... like Martin O'Neil and Owen Coyle?. He cannot be any worse than Roy.

I think he has been out of management for too long. He would get the initial lift from the players but I think in the long term he isnt whats required. Seeing names like MON and Coyle linked though maybe Dalglish wouldnt be so bad after all. I think on the whole the majority of fans would be quite happy if Dalglish took over

Liverpool a top 6 club :lol:

One of the characteristics of a great leader is that the more the pressure builds the more they excude calm confidence. The problem with woy is he's looking a shadow of his former self and a beaten man so I'm sorry to say the job's not for him. Perhaps if he had came in with a bigger reputation he could have ridden out this difficult period but of course reputations have to be earned.

Madina has more to say on this than most of us since she has actually been to Anfield several times :sherlock:

If Ian Holloway was straight faced and boring then everybody would be saying "Oh what a good job he has done" etc... He took relegation favourites for the championship to the premiership on a budget worse than ours. He then takes them 10/11th in the EPL. Thats fucking unbelievable! Nothing to suggest he couldnt manage a top 6 club.

Off Topic but who did Martin Jol leave Ajax for again?

If Ian Holloway was straight faced and boring then everybody would be saying "Oh what a good job he has done" etc... He took relegation favourites for the championship to the premiership on a budget worse than ours. He then takes them 10/11th in the EPL. Thats fucking unbelievable! Nothing to suggest he couldnt manage a top 6 club.

Off Topic but who did Martin Jol leave Ajax for again?

He is a free agent at the moment. Jol would be a great replacement for Hodgson