When was the last time we had a striker come through the youths ?

With some of the young talent comming through and hopefully they will get some regular games. I hope to see kane hemmings (sp) coming through next , scored a bunch of goals before a bad injury last season but im sure he is back now.

But im trying to think of the last striker that came through the youths and got a good few games and made an impact ? If im correct it was mccormack which was about 6/7 years ago now, there is probably someone else but i cant think of who .

Anyone know ?

Alan Hutton was a striker at one point in his career was meant to be quite prolific but we converted him to right back.

Despite the fact its worked out for him, that was painful to read.

With some of the young talent comming through and hopefully they will get some regular games. I hope to see kane hemmings (sp) coming through next , scored a bunch of goals before a bad injury last season but im sure he is back now.

But im trying to think of the last striker that came through the youths and got a good few games and made an impact ? If im correct it was mccormack which was about 6/7 years ago now, there is probably someone else but i cant think of who .

Anyone know ?

Don't think McCormack fits the question; I think in his time with us he had 2 starts one season and 1 in another. As has been said Robert Fleck is the last one I can think of since DJ.

Darryl Duffy, Steven Maclean,Darren Fitzgerald, Eric Ferguson, Chris Robertson, Martin Henderson and plenty more like them were going to be the next big thing, never happened.

Scary thing is before Fleck(early 80s) we are probably back to Derek Johnstone (1970) big Derek did last a while right enough.

Darryl Duffy, Steven Maclean,Darren Fitzgerald, Eric Ferguson, Chris Robertson, Martin Henderson and plenty more like them were going to be the next big thing, never happened.

Scary thing is before Fleck(early 80s) we are probably back to Derek Johnstone (1970) big Derek did last a while right enough.

d.parlane.jim forrest.ralph brand.chris robertson was john robertson,s brother and he had a record number of games without scoring.but i doubt if any of these could still do a turn.

Gary McSweggan and John Spencer were both of the required standard, each bagged a dozen or so Scottish caps.

McCoist, MoJo, Hately, and several others were always in front of them, opportunities were extremely rare. However, both made a good living from the game, Spencer cutting the mustard at Chelsea.

Rory Loy is on the fringes of first team! (tu)

Never going to make it as a Rangers player which is a shame as he does have talent.

He's 22 years old, has been out on loan to Dunfermline and St Mirren, has barely got a sniff in the first team and is out of contract this summer.

Never going to make it as a Rangers player which is a shame as he does have talent.

He's 22 years old, has been out on loan to Dunfermline and St Mirren, has barely got a sniff in the first team and is out of contract this summer.

I remember him coming on at ibrox this season im sure but that has been about it! (tu)