Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

Hold on .... we just got £600k (potentially £1.1m) for a player who is 31, has a less than great injury record AND has only 6 months left on his contract?

Fuck me ... someone should shoot the senior management for this ?

Some right huffy bastards in this thread. A thirty one year old with six months on his contract. May not be alot of money but it's better than nothing!

People just like to have a whinge because slagging our club makes them feel more important than they are.

Mon the Jelavic!

Its anything but simples.

Did you miss when we said we had no money, you may have, i certainly missed when we offered money for Goodwillie but ive been away for a few days.

Your telling me we have £1.2m, Walter says we have zero, Bains saying we have zero, the club have pleading poverty, who shoyuld i/we believe? You?

We had a bid rejected for Goodwillie this morning for 500k. Walters keen on Goodwillie and I can just see us getting him.

If we have no money why are we trying to sign a player?

Rangers also said no-one would be sold in January so I don't know who to believe either.

If we get Goodwillie out of all this I'll be happy. Miller has dispatched some hard chances, but he's also missed a fair amount that a fairly decent striker would put away.

Your naive as hell if you think Kenny Miller would of kept up this form ! He'd either get injured or get his confidence would plummet after he couldn't get a hard-on for the wife.

Like I said the worrying of the lack of goals, is being numbed by the fact he played for the Taigs. I've heard we would never score the same amount of goals because Boyd left, and now I'm hearing again with Kenny. I don't buy it.

Thanks for the goals Kenny, but I won't be saying we're losing the league because your leaving.

No fucking Surrender !

i'm not rapping it, i'm merely saying our chances of keeping the title took a dent.

I was referring to the posters who were talking about vetoing the games because mhiller was offski.

you never know, this could be the start of a bidding war for miller. i'm sure that team from the middle east with bags of wonga may still be intrested and there have been more than a few other teams mentioned that may be intrested. let the bidding begin.

We had a bid rejected for Goodwillie this morning for 500k. Walters keen on Goodwillie and I can just see us getting him.

If we have no money why are we trying to sign a player?

Rangers also said no-one would be sold in January so I don't know who to believe either.

Rangers also said no-one would be sold in January unless we sell someone first so I don't know who to believe either.

People read half quotes and forget the original far too often.

<cr> SHITE Rangers I wont be back F@@@@IN JOKE OF A CLUB You will get no more of my money had enough of this SHITE i will give the Club and the Bank no more :anguish:

as much as we feel man i think your on the wrong board anyway

Rangers also said no-one would be sold in January unless we sell someone first so I don't know who to believe either.

People read half quotes and forget the original far too often.

(tu)

Kev's post explains it better than I did :lol:

Buddle is crap. Tbh Its not goals i'm worried about. It's the fuckin awful defence we have and powderpuff midfield.

Seconded.

Defenders & midfielders should be much more of a priority because we're weak in those positions. What did Walter buy Beattie & Lafferty for? A combined fee totalling to £5m, so how abouts he shows us why he bought them and puts some faith in them otherwise he should be punting them out of Ibrox, not players who are actually playing well.

Jelavic & Naismith up top would do me, if we could get a defender to replace grandad Weir and a midfielder that'd be handy.

I think a few people are overreacting a bit just now.

First of all there is absolutely no chance we could have got anything over £1m for a player who's contract runs out in the summer and is the wrong side of 30. Also added to the fact he plays in the SPL.

The sale of Miller from a footballing side will I reckon hurt us, although if we had a bigger squad and a fully fit Nikica Jelavic, I would be all for it. Yes, he has been scoring a barrel full of goals but recently his performances have been very reminiscent of Kris Boyd. Who himself would have got pelters from the crowd. And let's be honest, I can't see it being much longer before his legs go from him and once they go, he's finished.

Secondly, I am almost certain there is no way Walter Smith or Ally McCoist would let their top scorer and a personal favourite of theirs, if they knew they couldn't get any money to replace him - no chance. I believe they have something up their sleeve, whether it's David Goodwillie or Edson Buddle we are yet to find out.

Are any of the two players mentioned good enough? IMO, no. I've never exactly rated David Goodwillie and although I've only seen Edson Buddle about two or three times, I've never really rated him either.

I hope for the life of me Walter and Ally have some other targets on their radar and to be pretty honest, I do believe they do. We just need to bide our time and see what happens.

Buddle replacing Kenny Miller = :anguish:

Do you know anything about Buddle? How many times you seen him play? From what i've heard hes a good player very alike to Miller, top scorer in the MLS last year and was given a award of somesort, that player for free? Yes please.

you know what i think miller has been a great bit of buisness for us since he came, we are now selling him before he fucks off for free

the money should be able to bring in another striker and as one above poster said maybe that south african lad would be good for us

im also thinking why not try to get a loan deal for the mexican carlos vela from arsenal and keep the cash we got to but someone to add to the defense

i see spurs have just signed the south african defender that wanted to come to us so maybe our scouting system isnt as bad as we all believe

come on the gers i still believe

WATP

Do you know anything about Buddle? How many times you seen him play? From what i've heard hes a good player very alike to Miller, top scorer in the MLS last year and was given a award of somesort, that player for free? Yes please.

bolt you (tu) !!

read my posts right 1st before coming in thinking you're a football encyclopedia

Look it's a good deal in all honesty, £600,000 plus around the same value saved in wages for say 30 weeks or something like that is much more than £1,000,000 made available in terms of money brought in and money saved on wages.

Goodwillie could come on a contract around the £10k mark at most and you're talking about a 21 year old prospect with resale value vs a 31 year old with no resale value.

Good deal for everyone involved, plus who's to say Miller would have kept up his form ;)