James Beattie Past it?

dkel09

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beattie, i like the guy and hope he gets his first goal soon but i think his career has been over before he came to rangers, i hate to admit it because ive been a suporter of his for years and hope he can prove us all wrong!!

Hateley was written off,Cannigia,Hutton,Adam,Weir and Naismith to name a few.

So were many players who never amounted to anything.

At the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with calling it as you see it. The "give him time" / "he needs match fitness" thing is completely valid and everyone should keep that in mind when criticising him, but on the other side of the coin I'm not going to pretend that I was encouraged by that performance tonight.

He was probably trying too hard in the first half.

I counted three times he was down helping Papac defend in the first 20 minutes.

(tu) Something most 30-something strikers try & avoid like the plague!

He was an inch or two away from converting Naisy's cross in the first half....had that gone in then he could have had a totally different game.

Ironically, if Weiss and Beattie had been on at the same time he would have had much better service too!

I think he did OK tonight, could've done a lot better though. As someones stated above, he's no played/started since September and one game in and he's past it?

I think we'll see more from him, one goal and the man will be full of confidence....I hope :craphead:

Woeful tonight. He made Boyd look mobile, he didn't even show any intelligence with his movement tonight. Took too long to take him off tonight too when he was so far off the pace. Really want him to do well, but it looks more unlikely now than ever

James Beatie nice guy probably and if he signed 10 years ago may have been a different story .

In Truth - A terrible panic buy signing he could play the next six games and it will the same performance every game .

Its not the fact he hasnt scored - Its his all round game his speed everything - he just isnt good enough for a rangers center forward.

Sounds harsh after a good result tonight but its plainly obvious to many - cant see many other clubs wanting to take him off our hands

Needs matches to get fit, still got good touch and from the warm up I saw still knows how to bang them in. It'll be next season before we see the best out of him as it will take months to get up to full fitness and sharpness after his time out

So were many players who never amounted to anything.

At the end of the day, there's nothing wrong with calling it as you see it. The "give him time" / "he needs match fitness" thing is completely valid and everyone should keep that in mind when criticising him, but on the other side of the coin I'm not going to pretend that I was encouraged by that performance tonight.

That's a sensible post though you said you aren't encouraged which is a bit different to 'he's finished' or 'waste of money'.

I respect that more than the type of shit I quoted.

got ridiculed before the season started for suggesting we sign kevin kyle for free instead of this dud. walters got to take the hit for this . beattie will end up costing us between 2m and 3m over his contract, a shameful waste of money in the state we are in

got ridiculed before the season started for suggesting we sign kevin kyle for free instead of this dud. walters got to take the hit for this . beattie will end up costing us between 2m and 3m over his contract, a shameful waste of money in the state we are in

When a ball goes wide, I look in the middle for what the centre-forward is doing.

Good ones are either tricking their markers or bullying them.

Beattie was simply jogging beside the guys marking him.

He has no pace, no hunger. A dud.

Until Jela gets fit or someone else comes in, I think it should be Lafferty and Naismith up front.

Both have that bit of extra dig, pace and will-to-win.

Beattie, I'm afraid, has left his best days far, far behind him. :anguish:

Felt sorry for him tonight. He wasn't really on pace, but the game was played around him mostly, and we must have the most terrible crossing in the country. I reckon if we can get a decent, consistent delivery into the box he would score a few, but tonight it was pathetic. Absolutely nothing that just seems like it's waiting to be attacked.

I thought he'd do great for us, but he needs to up his game as well as us giving him service.