Famine Song

Davie2909

He is indeed, and he always will be. Thats why in the good old days we used to sing go home ya h*** at Ibrox.

Yes it is interesting how the h*** term got turned around, back in the late 60's early 70's it was always the scum who were dubbed as the h*** because of Eire's support of the Nazis during WWII. I can remember clearly standing under the shed at Ibrox amongst the Derry chanting "Go Home You h***, Go HOME.." sort of an earlier day famine song, telling the scum to go home to the "blessed Emerald Isle", and leave our shores for once and for all.

I heard it was first sung by dockers when the paddies returned to Glasgow after spending ww2 in Eire There revisionism is breathtaking , in 50 years time they will be telling you it was the Methodists who raped all the kids Fucking liars from cradle to grave.

Yes it is interesting how the h*** term got turned around, back in the late 60's early 70's it was always the scum who were dubbed as the h*** because of Eire's support of the Nazis during WWII. I can remember clearly standing under the shed at Ibrox amongst the Derry chanting "Go Home You h***, Go HOME.." sort of an earlier day famine song, telling the scum to go home to the "blessed Emerald Isle", and leave our shores for once and for all.

The problem was that they didnae take the fuckin hint, mate!..they stayed instead and bred like fuckin rabbits.:anguish:

We were still chanting that in the 1965-66 season before I left to come to Australia, so I was totally shocked when I first went to see the Rangers again 20 odd years later and THEY were singing it at us.

It was as if the world had lost the plot somehow. doh

Interesting indeed, I suspect it's use for them goes further back, to WW1, with their attempted putsch in 1916.

A few weeks later HMF, including large numbers of Ulster Prods were dieing in their thousands at the Somme.

There's an old song that mentions both 'no home rule for ireland' and 'fenian hvns'...

Interesting indeed, I suspect it's use for them goes further back, to WW1, with their attempted putsch in 1916.

A few weeks later HMF, including large numbers of Ulster Prods were dieing in their thousands at the Somme.

There's an old song that mentions both 'no home rule for ireland' and 'fenian hvns'...

And if I had a tommy gun I'd shoot every fenian h**, just for walking on the queens highway.

That one? :sherlock:

The problem was that they didnae take the fuckin hint, mate!..they stayed instead and bred like fuckin rabbits.:anguish:

We were still chanting that in the 1965-66 season before I left to come to Australia, so I was totally shocked when I first went to see the Rangers again 20 odd years later and THEY were singing it at us.

It was as if the world had lost the plot somehow. doh

I was born in 74 so never witnessed any of this but that is fukin weird. How can we have let this shower of shite turn this around on us.

I think we should start singing this at OF games as a replacement for The Famine Song and see how long it takes them to get the song banned. Then they cant sing it either.

Job done.

:crabflute:

I was born in 74 so never witnessed any of this but that is fukin weird. How can we have let this shower of shite turn this around on us.

I think we should start singing this at OF games as a replacement for The Famine Song and see how long it takes them to get the song banned. Then they cant sing it either.

Job done.

As the Nike man said.....Let's just fucking DO IT! :uk::crabflute:

Genius, Doc! :clap:

Job done.

Get the troops rallied for this idea I'd love to hear them and see there faces if we pulled that of.

It pisses me of that the uneducated don't realise who the real h*** are