Boxing and MMA

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

The fucking state of heavyweight boxing. Ha Ha. 😂 😂 

Really, Joshua reminds me of Bruno. Stiff as fuck and as soon as they come up against someone with faster hands and movement they are fucked. Don’t know where he goes from here as I think Fury and Wilder would knock the shit out of him. 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

I worked with a boxing coach, actually had did work with McCracken in his career.

He always said when Joshua gets beat it will come from way left field.

Don't get much more left field than this. I mean the new heavyweight champion of the world has bigger tits than me! Wtf!!!!

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Joshua chucked it in that corner.

Joshua looks the part but hes gonna need to find away to tone down his build.

Carrying that amount of muscle is draining him. He was done after the 3rd round.

Thought he looked leaner than he has.

A couple of years back he had gained far too much muscle.

Just now, Badger said:

Thought he looked leaner than he has.

A couple of years back he had gained far too much muscle.

Maybe it's just his size but he looked flat footed lacking in energy. Then he looked done after his first knock down in the 3rd. All be it it was high on his head and knocked his senses.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Maybe it's just his size but he looked flat footed lacking in energy. Then he looked done after his first knock down in the 3rd. All be it it was high on his head and knocked his senses.

He got beat by a guy with faster hands. Simple as that. Boxers are always taught that speed beats size.

I think he needs a new trainer.

McCracken is a good trainer but he has taken Joshua as far as he can imho. Joshua has a fairly basic and upright style, albeit very polished at that. He doesn't seem adaptable in fights and can be made to look rigid.

Recent history, Wlad Klitschko went from being good but vulnerable, and upright/rigid - to probably the most dominant of all time (relative to his peers in a weak era) with Emmanual Steward. Lewis also benefited hugely under Steward.

Joshua has all the physical tools, but I don't think he fights stylistically right. For a guy his size he doesn't use the jab enough. As said, looking at Wladimir Klitschko for inspiration, developing a ram rod jab is an absolute must. It might not be exciting, but prime Wlad - under Steward - would never lose to a Ruiz Jnr. Ruiz would never get in close enough. Once Wlad had learned that style, helped no doubt by a weak era, he was almost unbeatable until he got old. 

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I think he needs a new trainer.

McCracken is a good trainer but he has taken Joshua as far as he can imho. Joshua has a fairly basic and upright style, albeit very polished at that. He doesn't seem adaptable in fights and can be made to look rigid.

Recent history, Wlad Klitschko went from being good but vulnerable, and upright/rigid - to probably the most dominant of all time (relative to his peers in a weak era) with Emmanual Steward. Lewis also benefited hugely under Steward.

Joshua has all the physical tools, but I don't think he fights stylistically right. For a guy his size he doesn't use the jab enough. As said, looking at Wladimir Klitschko for inspiration, developing a ram rod jab is an absolute must. It might not be exciting, but prime Wlad - under Steward - would never lose to a Ruiz Jnr. Ruiz would never get in close enough. Once Wlad had learned that style, helped no doubt by a weak era, he was almost unbeatable until he got old. 

I agree that he needs to copy klitschko style. If he was patient in that fight he would of won. He wanted to put on a show and got caught like the whyte fight. 

Joshua didn't look right at all in that fight, even before the knockdowns.

I'm not shocked at the result tbh, his chin has looked questionable and all it took was a brave fat guy to expose him. 

Joshua struggles again in the rematch imo.