Does anyone think Beattie.

Clemdog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Beattie was getting a bit better tonight, and was starting to gain some confidence. Also, why do people keep insisting we paid £1.5million for him, it was a undisclosed fee FFS.

I didnt mean you personally Ben.

Hes been injured for the most part, hardly his fault. Yeah, i would say at least 1 year, 1 season.

Of course you are, as we all are, and thats all it is, an opinion.

;)

I would love Beattie to play well for us. If you looked at all my previous posts about him on here you'd see I was one of the ones holding my judgement. Saying he'll get fitter and better as the time goes on.

But tonight my patience broke. He has been injured here and there, but I'm getting frustrated by his fitness !

Waste of space, waste of time, waste of money... but hey, he tells a good joke in the dressing room and organises the Christmas party.

How long does he get? I said this the day Jelavic got injured and diagnosed with the extent of his injury.

Jelavic will be back playing, performing and scoring goals, before Beattie is fully fit!

Tonight, Jelavic came on. He troubled the Inverness defence more, he had more efforts on target, his movement was impressive, he was more involved, he linked up well and was on the same wave-length as everyone. Even after surgery and months out, he did more than Beattie has done all season.

Beattie is about as much use as a bag of cement, he is slow, lazy, increadibly unfit, he struggles with the pace of the game in Scotland and everytime he plays, looks like he has never met his team-mates before.

About as much use as Jeffers, Sebo, Gayle, Ostenstad.

I agree with you here Oz the guy is a quality player, he needs more games tbh Lafferty was pish tonight he could have came off for Jelavic instead of Beattie.

I know how hard it is coming back from an injury, trying to get back to being 100% fit, AND trying to gel in with a new team, at the same time.

It's not at all easy for a guy that will turn 33 years of age in a few weeks time to come back like brand new. Now people will say; 'Aw well! Jelavic has done it!',but Jelavic has just turned 25 years of age, so there's no comparison between them.

Lafferty is a managers nightmare (as is Weiss) because you don't know what you are going to get from him one week to another, but I'll give you my opinion of that when I watch the game tonight.

If it takes Beattie all season to get fit and he can do a turn for us next season at least, it will be money well spent as far as I'm concerned...James Beattie has not suddenly turned into a shite football player.

Makes Boyd look like a decent option

I was just away to say something along the lines.

Boyd got dogs abuse for less (from me anyway) - at least he knew where the net was!

Waste of space, waste of time, waste of money... but hey, he tells a good joke in the dressing room and organises the Christmas party.

How long does he get? I said this the day Jelavic got injured and diagnosed with the extent of his injury.

Tonight, Jelavic came on. He troubled the Inverness defence more, he had more efforts on target, his movement was impressive, he was more involved, he linked up well and was on the same wave-length as everyone. Even after surgery and months out, he did more than Beattie has done all season.

Beattie is about as much use as a bag of cement, he is slow, lazy, increadibly unfit, he struggles with the pace of the game in Scotland and everytime he plays, looks like he has never met his team-mates before.

About as much use as Jeffers, Sebo, Gayle, Ostenstad.

couldnt have said it any better myself. jelavic got stuck in and in great positions - troubling the keeper. beattie didnt do this once. just looked like he didnt want to be there.

A month ago you were ridiculing any suggestion of Rory Loy even getting 20 minutes on the park. :/

not quite true. someone held him up as a shining example of walters hatred of youth. i just pointed out hes shit and couldnt get a game with dumfermline or st mirren.

which i stand by.

that said i fail to see how he could contribute less than beattie. fronkly i have a mate who i am sure could contribute more and hes an over the hill amature player.

A complete waste of money and space.

When he plays it is like we have 10 men on the pitch. He does not hold the ball up, has no pace, does work defenders, stands up front and watches the pigeons and seagulls drift past, couldn't hit a barn door...

Middle of January and he has done fuck all!

i havent met him but i met c adam a few times and i would class him as skinny. so i suspect the fat thing is a myth in fairness.

bob malcolm as another example was under 12 st and often called fat.

adam was one of our fittest players but to many people don't understand the difference between fit and fast.

beattie has contributed nothing so far. will he ever contribute who knows but it would be better for rangers if he was down the pecking order and not starting games i expect.

Thought Beattie would have been a decent signing but so far its been a disater. Between not being match fit, then injuries, got to say he looked really off the pace against both Kille and ICT, once he gets his first goal Im sure the confidence will come.

I would love Beattie to play well for us. If you looked at all my previous posts about him on here you'd see I was one of the ones holding my judgement. Saying he'll get fitter and better as the time goes on.

But tonight my patience broke. He has been injured here and there, but I'm getting frustrated by his fitness !

Im going to give him a while yet. There will be no one more disappointed with his injuries than James himself.

(tu)

Bringing up Messi in a thread about Beattie's weight :anguish:

He's lost a yard of pace but he's still an aerial threat. I still think he would do well if we played like Stoke. A team that just bombards the opposition with crosses. He just doesn't fit into the system right now.

I used a gif which Messi happened to be involved in, he asked who it is, was I supposed to dingy him aye?

And fuck playing like Stoke. I'd rather cut my own balls off than watch Rangers copying Stoke's style of play. If he doesn't fit into our system then fuck him, get him sold and bring in someone who's fit and who will fit into the system. A striker who'd actually be capable of scoring goals, perhaps.

Stoke City are nowhere near as bad as some make them out to be!

They are like Bolton in a way - people slate Bolton, the long ball, hamer-throwers... but that is a load of bull!

Owen Coyle has them playing football. Tony Pulis might be a cock, but his team does play nice football. It's not just the hoof and long throw anymore!

If he was a 32 year old Scotsman we'd signed from St Mirren, ICT, etc...,and had shown what he has, he'd be getting a FAR rougher ride.

The fact is, on performances to date, he looks at-best disinterested, and at-worst past it.

Really want him to come good but at times just can't see it happening sadly. But I love the fact that most on here are now calling him a waster and a panic buy etc. but when he was signed they were saying he was a great signing and everything, yes I would have thought he would have scored at least one by know but everybody has a bad game and it would take a blind man not to notice that him and lafferty have no future as a partnership up front. Something I noticed when jelavic came on was that it looked like we reverted to a 4-4-1-1 with lafferty going to LM which has basically never been good for us !