Clubs interested in Allan McGregor?

GOAT

Only one club was willing to try and give us more money than that for Miller whose contract was running out and that was Big Eck, who I think was trying to help us out by offering more money.

Why not just keep him then?

£400k for a player on 23 goals in January doesn't sound like much of a football decision to me.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one club was willing to try and give us more money than that for Miller whose contract was running out and that was Big Eck, who I think was trying to help us out by offering more money.

As for Gunslinger, if you seriously think we can get more than £7 million for McGregor then you are seriously deluded.

thats the spirit martin.

If we werent in debt we could name our price. It would easily be £10m plus, im sure we could hold out for about £13m but with the bank running the show I think we would be lucky to get £5m. Sadly.

Hearts are £20m in debt but mamed a price of £9m for that lanky streak of pish Gordon.

Wenger should put up or fuck up! £10m is the price,Sadly every player has a price but we do have adequate back up.

For all of shaggers good attributes there is always the negative side of him (personal/football) i look back to the last OF game to see that £10m would be a good bit of business providing a good bit of the income can be spent strengthening a threadbare squad.

Sorry mate but you are an idiot. Arsenal send a scout to watch him and you say its assest stripping wacko.gif

I'm an idiot am I?

Asset stripping has nothing to do with Arsenal sending a scout.

Assest stripping is when your most valuable commodities are sold from underneath your nose at less than their true market value to satisfy the banks and pay off the overdraft.

We continue to haemorrhage players (assets) without replacements coming back in. Every club in Europe knows our financial situation and until Murray sells up we are at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to negotiating the price we are prepared to sell our players.

Why not just keep him then?

£400k for a player on 23 goals in January doesn't sound like much of a football decision to me.

Never mind what anyone said, if the money was refused and we kept him I really don't think that his heart would be in it, and we'd just end up playing as if we only had 10 players on the field, a bit like Boyd in his last few months with us. Miller had already decided he wanted to move on, and the shit he came out with about it not being money but winning medals is the biggest load of shite going, he went where the money was.

I'm an idiot am I?

Asset stripping has nothing to do with Arsenal sending a scout.

Assest stripping is when your most valuable commodities are sold from underneath your nose at less than their true market value to satisfy the banks and pay off the overdraft.

We continue to haemorrhage players (assets) without replacements coming back in. Every club in Europe knows our financial situation and until Murray sells up we are at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to negotiating the price we are prepared to sell our players.

I know what assest stripping is. To my knowledge there hasnt even been an enquiry for Shagger never mind a sale. Why do people need to paint a doomsday scenario every time players are linked to a move away. wacko.gif

Tbh its a good thing when our players are linked to teams like Arsenal as it means we and the player are doing something right.

But sorry for not sharing your enthusiasm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/23/allan-mcgregor-hearts-rangers

He's 29 now, and goalkeepers obviously reach their peak around this age, and he's the last player I want to lose. You know you're in safe hands with him between the sticks. £5m is also a joke, double that at least. If we sell McGregor for £5m this January or even the summer, it might actually be time for the supporters to have a look at the situation we're in because the bank, or someone at the club is trying to drain it of all it's assests.

Well going by the fact that NOBODY at Arsenal gets more than a ONE year deal once they reach 31.

Then why would he spend that amount of money for a year contract?

I smell schnite :craphead:

pathetic capitulations just not my thing (tu)

Being on another planet apparently is though.

Buffon, either £32 million or £23 million depending on which report you want to believe, Peruzzi £10 million, Gordon £9 million, I really can't remember any other goalkeeper going for those figures in recent times so I stand by what I say that getting £7 million for McGregor is a good deal especially as I think he only has 18 months left on his contract, that I'm not 100% sure about.

The banks would jump at the chance of 5million quid. if we were in a decent financial situation then yes i'd be looking and expecting around 10million for him but that seems like a very slim chance getting 10million!

he'd definately be arsenals number 1 down there, one of the very best in the league!