Walter says on radio scotland

KingKirk

Some massive overreactions on here

The squad is no worse than it was between August and December. Jelavic only started 4 games so is essentially Miller's replacement. There's also been the emergence of Ness which no one would've predicted at the start of the season

But yeah, because we didn't sign 2 guys from Derby and Plymouth we've lost the title

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jelavic will contribute to replacing Millers goals, but the point is that we'll still create the chances. Someone else will step up to the plate, if Jelavic isn't the prolific goalscorer then Naismith will chip in, or Davis from the right or Weiss.

Commons would have improved us, of course, but I don't rate him too much higher than Eagles to be honest. A good 6 months in the Championship and he wants 20k per week? No chance is he worth that.

I reckon we'll sign someone before the end of the transfer window (Foster arrived on the last day, last window) so you just never know what opportunities will open up between now and Monday, but I still think the squad has enough to go all the way.

I really do think we would have signed goodwillie by now as I'm sure walter had set the miller money aside to help fund that but now the lad has fucked himself of any move

what club is going to take that baggage

Time will tell, I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't bring anyone in.

An absolute disgrace if we don't, and once again we will go into the business end with a weaker squad. Don't know many teams, current Champions, fighting for every trophy available, that let their better player, top goalscorer, go in the January window, and don't replace?

what would be the point in accepting the offer for miller to free up funds if he is not going to spend it ? he would have been aswell keeping miller til the end of the season ? crazy if true

Nothing to do with smith,It's the bank that wants every single penny. If it was really up to smith no bid like that would ever be accepted.

that he is not hopeful of signing anyone, I hope he is wrong, We must get a forward in, it could cost us 3IAR otherwise :disappointment:

A masterstroke there Walter, well done on selling a player we didn't need to sell.

Where did you hear that?

A mate of mine was over at the game and he said that he saw Novo in the Rangers end.

I texted back, 'OK' because he is a blind bastard and I didn't incline to believe the dopey cunt.

Thought I'd post it anyway.

if walter says that then im pretty sure we WILL sign someone before monday :craphead:

Not the worst conclusion to come to given Smith's propensity for meaning one thing whilst saying another to the press.

Last week he was commenting that we might bring in two loan players as we probably couldn't stretch to a fee. Half a million is bid for Commons a few days later.

Clear as mud.