• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£3 million ?

more like £750K lol.

Where did you get £3mil from ?

to be fair i couldnt remember as its a shocking waste of money whatever the amount, I only hope Healy does something as this is a guy who is way down the sundeland pecking order, \i hope i am wrong but smacks a wee bit of ah well its all there is lets have him . hope I am wrong though,

Rangers have completed the signing of striker David Healy on loan from Sunderland for the remainder of the season.

The Northern Ireland international has been allowed to leave the Stadium of Light as he does not figure in manager Steve Bruce's first team plans.

Walter Smith has been searching for a new forward following the departure of Kenny Miller to Bursaspor and has now landed his target.

Healy, who is the record goalscorer for his country, endured an unhappy spell on Wearside with the Black Cats.

The boyhood Rangers fan now has the chance to resurrect his career at Ibrox following previous loan stints with Ipswich and Doncaster.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6711088,00.html

to be fair i couldnt remember as its a shocking waste of money whatever the amount, I only hope Healy does something as this is a guy who is way down the sundeland pecking order, \i hope i am wrong but smacks a wee bit of ah well its all there is lets have him . hope I am wrong though,

Lafferty was 3.5m if I remember correctly.

LIFELONG Rangers fan David Healy finally clinched his dream move today when he signed with the Light Blues until the end of the season.

The 31-year-old Northern Ireland international star has never hidden his affection for the club and always wanted to play for his boyhood heroes.

Now he has been given the chance after a deal was agreed with Sunderland to bring Healy to Ibrox to bolster Walter Smith's striking options.

It means he will join up with international team mates Kyle Lafferty and Steve Davis as Rangers bid to fight on all fronts in the final four months of the campaign.

Healy was on loan with Doncaster Rovers in latter part of the first half of this season and spent the second half of last season on loan at Ipswich Town.

The striker is Northern Ireland's record goal-scorer with a fantastic 35 strikes in 84 internationals,

And he also set a remarkable record of 13 goals in 11 qualifying games for the 2008 European Championships - the best ever in the history of the competition.

Healy began his career at Old Trafford in 1999 and played twice for the Red Devils. He was initially loaned to Port Vale and then Preston North End and the deal there became a permanent £1.5million agreement in 2000.

Healy did well for Preston but was loaned twice to Norwich City - then bossed by current Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington - and then moved to Leeds United for £650,000 in 2004.

He was joint top scorer twice at Elland Road but when Leeds fell out of the Championship in 2007 he moved to Fulham, reportedly for £1.5millon but found it hard to get into the side when Roy Hodgson took over.

Ricky Sbragia took him to Sunderland in 2008 but again when Steve Bruce took over Healy found his chances limited.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110130/healy-joins-gers_2254024_2279994

DAVID Healy has expressed his joy at finally securing a move to his beloved Rangers until the end of the season.

After days of speculation the Northern Ireland striker has realised a lifelong dream by signing for the Light Blues and hopes to make his debut against Hearts on Wednesday night.

Healy, 31, is at Hampden today to watch his new teammates in action against Motherwell but before kick-off he spoke exclusively to www.rangers.co.uk.

David Healy signs He said: "I had a trial with Rangers when I was 14 but I couldn't sign back then as I was a little bit too young.

"But it's been well documented that I am Rangers fan so are all my family.

"My dad comes on the boat to watch a lot of the games with his friends so it's a boyhood dream for me.

"I'm absolutely thrilled to be here."

Healy joins a growing number of Northern Ireland players at Rangers with Steven Davis, Kyle Lafferty and Andrew Little all in Walter Smith's squad and there are others coming through the youth ranks at Murray Park.

The hitman, who has scored 35 goals in 84 international appearances, can't wait start the next chapter in his career and will do everything he can to be a success.

He added: "Davo and I come from similar backgrounds in Northern Ireland, he's a Rangers fan and his family also support the club.

"He has managed to realise that dream and I must admit I was always a bit jealous when Davo, Kyle and others joined the club.

| 1 | 2 |

DAVID Healy has expressed his joy at finally securing a move to his beloved Rangers until the end of the season.

After days of speculation the Northern Ireland striker has realised a lifelong dream by signing for the Light Blues and hopes to make his debut against Hearts on Wednesday night.

Healy, 31, is at Hampden today to watch his new teammates in action against Motherwell but before kick-off he spoke exclusively to www.rangers.co.uk.

David Healy signs He said: "I had a trial with Rangers when I was 14 but I couldn't sign back then as I was a little bit too young.

"My dad comes on the boat to watch a lot of the games with his friends so it's a boyhood dream for me.

Healy joins a growing number of Northern Ireland players at Rangers with Steven Davis, Kyle Lafferty and Andrew Little all in Walter Smith's squad and there are others coming through the youth ranks at Murray Park.

The hitman, who has scored 35 goals in 84 international appearances, can't wait start the next chapter in his career and will do everything he can to be a success.

He added: "Davo and I come from similar backgrounds in Northern Ireland, he's a Rangers fan and his family also support the club.

"He has managed to realise that dream and I must admit I was always a bit jealous when Davo, Kyle and others joined the club.

"In the back of mind I would always say to myself 'I wish that was me one day' and thankfully my time has arrived and I'm delighted.

"Hopefully I can come in and do the job the manager, Kenny, Ally and Durranty want me to do.

"I want to impress them, the supporters and the board and hopefully I can stay a bit longer."

David would love to make his debut against the Jambos at Ibrox having never played at the stadium before.

He said: "It's a big game and Hearts are a good side. I saw their 1-0 win over Rangers and they did well that day.

"But I hope my debut will come at Ibrox. I've been to the stadium on many occasions as a fan but never played on it.

"To get on the hallowed turf would be very special for me."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110130/thrilled-to-be-here_2254024_2280133

0,,5~9377670,00.jpgHe said: "I had a trial with Rangers when I was 14 but I couldn't sign back then as I was a little bit too young.