Official: El Hadji Diouf joins Rangers

Govanloyal23

i think walter will be having a long chat with him on saturday about this and before the next one. the more i think about it the more i think this will be a great signing for us.

has the articles about him wanting to exitend his stay been mentioned on this thread today? i think he's gunna work his arse to get a permanent move. i know signing him isnt exactly easy for us like it isnt to sign any player. but if he genuinely wants it, he'll take what money we offer.

Really looking forward to him wearing the jersey (tu)

what squad number is he, i thought healy would get 9 but he got 15, i know its not important but i like to know :D

i think '9' will be earmarked for jelavic next season, cant just give it out willy nilly! youv got to earn a '9' for me, so shouldnt be given to a loanee

Rangers new boy El Hadji Diouf has told talkSPORT he can’t wait to get started in the SPL and silence the boo-boys.

The controversial Senegal midfielder is sure to come in for stick from opposing supporters, particularly those of Celtic who have never forgiven him for spitting at a Parkhead fan when a Liverpool player.

Diouf admits he regrets the episode and has said sorry to Celtic fans, but insists he can handle everything that is thrown at him - and claims he only gets booed because he’s a top player.

“I know everywhere I go people are going to boo me, but I love that,” he said in an interview with Drive Time.

“I expect a tough time from Celtic fans. But people never boo a bad player. The more you boo me, the more I’ve got power and the more I’ll show you who I am. I don’t want people to love me, just respect me.

“A lot of things happened in the past between me and Celtic. I regret that, I was young and used to do stupid things. I apologise to the Celtic fans again. I joined Rangers to win the title, win a lot of trophies, and enjoy my life and enjoy the football.”

Diouf also claimed it was his choice to leave Blackburn on loan as he was angry at the club's decision to sack Sam Allardyce.

“I don’t think what the club did with Sam Allardyce was right, that’s why I wanted to go," added the 30-year-old. "I’m a loyal guy. I remember when he came to the club the club used to be down and Sam did everything to keep them up. He did a fantastic job.

"I don’t have any problem with [steve] Kean or with the new owner. I like the fans of Blackburn. I had a good time there. I played some of my best football in a long time this year and I just left because everything is going wrong right now at the club.