Craig Burley in racism storm

tommyw

No, I just dont see how these comments from Burley have anything to do with it - I think (my opinion) that Burley would have still made these comments if Diouf had lost all reason and signed for the tims.

Craig Burley isn't an example of media imbalance.

On the contrary, I think it is very unlikely that he would have made such comments had celtc signed such a player, so I believe it is an example of media imbalance.

Remember the howls of horror from the media when celtc one January signed a player who admitted deliberately comitting a potentially career threatening attack on a fellow professional?

I don't, but I believe that had Rangers signed such a player that would have been the headline.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Burley's a prick!

A sackable offence? Possibly, if enough folk complained, but he won't be sacked because unlike the MOPES, not enough of our lot would be arsed to make an official complaint.

The reality is, it's just another opportunity for Burley and his ilk (Odious Creep and crew) to badmouth The Rangers.

There will be another opportunity next week, the week after that, the week after that and so on............

Oh, and don't expect the majority shareholder to step into the breach to defend anyone connected with the club.

That's not his bag.

On the contrary, I think it is very unlikely that he would have made such comments had celtc signed such a player, so I believe it is an example of media imbalance.

Remember the howls of horror from the media when celtc one January signed a player who admitted deliberately comitting a potentially career threatening attack on a fellow professional?

I don't, but I believe that had Rangers signed such a player that would have been the headline.

I dont know - I think Burley clearly dislikes Diouf regardless of who he plays for. The Media in general is another debate but I reckon Burley would have made the same comments if Celtic had signed him.

Based on your imagination, again.

I think not.

Plenty on here and on other forums will agree with me and that's nothing to do with imagination.

I may have a differing viewpoint to some on here but i don't go out my way to be a shit stirrer just to get a rise out of fellow bears.

There are posters who i disagree with and will never share their points of view and quite frankly wouldn't share oxygen with but they will say the same about me.Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I think not.

Plenty on here and on other forums will agree with me and that's nothing to do with imagination.

I may have a differing viewpoint to some on here but i don't go out my way to be a shit stirrer just to get a rise out of fellow bears.

There are posters who i disagree with and will never share their points of view and quite frankly wouldn't share oxygen with but they will say the same about me.Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'd ask you to back it up but I know from experience that it's futile.

So I wont.

Burley's a prick!

A sackable offence? Possibly, if enough folk complained, but he won't be sacked because unlike the MOPES, not enough of our lot would be arsed to make an official complaint.

The reality is, it's just another opportunity for Burley and his ilk (Odious Creep and crew) to badmouth The Rangers.

There will be another opportunity next week, the week after that, the week after that and so on............

Oh, and don't expect the majority shareholder to step into the breach to defend anyone connected with the club.

That's not his bag.

its a never ending theme, i dont like the idea of this constant berating of our club and all that we do or achieve, or any moves that we make, i also dont like the impression that if a ger complains they are either a tim mentallity or it isnt the rangers way and so on, there are posters who are happy to say at every opportunity just let things be, dont get involved or lower yourself to the standards of a typical tim, there are times when things do need doing but i agree that this gobshite aint really worth the hasstle, its when people go out of there way to blacken the club that it gets to me, but hey presto the same old with regards to these type of attacks when it is against the club. surely there comes a time when we actually do something about the constant berating of rangers or releases that show us in a bad light. too some it dont even matter how extreme these attacks are there comments would just be the same and let it be, are we the bullied who just sit back and let the beatings commence or do we as a group of fans actually stand up, the club seem to let anyone who berates us do so and welcomes them to the club to do there damage

SOCCER pundit Craig Burley has been reprimanded by ESPN over a live telly blast at Diouf. A spokesman said Burley was "spoken to" after complaints about his rant that if the "despicable" star left the UK "we'd all be better off"

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3387657/El-Hadji-Buff.html#ixzz1CtmZtlgL

I'd ask you to back it up but I know from experience that it's futile.

So I wont.

Bog standard piss poor reply as per usual. When confronted with the facts as you were yesterday on the origins of the Famine Song you laugh it off and move on to another thread.

You fool no one.

SOCCER pundit Craig Burley has been reprimanded by ESPN over a live telly blast at Diouf. A spokesman said Burley was "spoken to" after complaints about his rant that if the "despicable" star left the UK "we'd all be better off"

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3387657/El-Hadji-Buff.html#ixzz1CtmZtlgL

Now why would that be if his comments were acceptable (as they were to the usual suspects)

If there was nothing wrong with them then ESPN wouldn't have spoken to him about them.

Aye and a bit rich of you to defend it.

Differences of opinion are allowed on here and VB irrespective of what you want to think.

He has previous for it and deliberately goes out of his way to be controversial or wind posters up.

Don't agree with me.. i couldn't care less what you say or think.

Whilst we clearly value our freedom of speech on RM, I have no other way of gauging what is permitted on VB other than from your own words.

Your pejorative regarding TWB is well noted, but in your continued attempts to discredit TWB (probably because he bests you time and again in debate) you seem to have missed an important point regarding the guy - the ratings panel would indicate he is one of the most highly regarded posters on RM. Indeed, possibly the highest regarded of all.

Now why would that be if his comments were acceptable (as they were to the usual suspects)

If there was nothing wrong with them then ESPN wouldn't have spoken to him about them.

mainly cause forever offended people keep sending in tit for tat complaints , its like fucking wee weans trying to get one upmanship on each other ...

fuck me some of the stuff from our own fans came out with after the Mackie incident , although not paid journos of course so slightly different