Craig Burley in racism storm

tommyw

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he had that rant against someone from the Republic of Ireland or a Celtic player do you think the media would have ignored it?

Simple yes or no will suffice chaps.

Should the media have blown this out of proportion then? Your site has done some sterling work righting wrongs, but complaining about something which didn't happen?

Burley is meant to be an unbiased commentator.Listening to the prick last night proved that he is just a biased fenian cunt. He wouldnt say anything against that lot at all.Im going to phone and e mail ESPN and tell them im cancelling their channel cos of that cunts obviously leaning towards the abused .If enough of us threaten to do the same they might get the message and get shot of him.

Should the media have blown this out of proportion then? Your site has done some sterling work righting wrongs, but complaining about something which didn't happen?

Who said we complained Casey?

All i am saying is that if he told a Republic of Ireland player or Celtic player to get a one way ticket out and get back on his boat etc do you think the media would have remained silent or indeed agreed with him?

That's all i am saying about his comments.

They are not racist but i bet you they would have been if they were directed at one of the above.

All i am saying is that if he told a Republic of Ireland player or Celtic player to get a one way ticket out and get back on his boat etc do you think the media would have remained silent or indeed agreed with him?

They are not racist but i bet you they would have been if they were directed at one of the above.

If I misunderstood your remarks, apologies. Keep up the good stuff. (tu)

If I misunderstood your remarks, apologies. Keep up the good stuff. (tu)

No worries Casey.

On the point of Burley he was not professional in his comments or the tone of them.

His comments were inflammatory and misguided.

He has basically admitted he cannot be impartial to Diouf therefore he shouldn't be commentating for ESPN.

And i stand by my assertion that had he directed that kind of comment towards a Celtic player or a Republic of Ireland player he wouldn't be in a job.

He didn't though, did he? So...who cares?

Anyway, if Diouf had signed for Celtic I think Burley would have still made those comments - he clearly doesn't like the individual rather that the club he plays for.

So that makes it ok ....going by that logic he can tell one black person to go home and it's not offensive then?

No, but it doesn't make it racist. The colour of Dioufs skin had no bearing on what Burley said. His comments are offensive to Diouf - not black people collectively.

No, but it doesn't make it racist. The colour of Dioufs skin had no bearing on what Burley said. His comments are offensive to Diouf - not black people collectively.

Putting that aside you will see that i and many others have said he wasn't racist but as usual you come in and take a view designed to stir up trouble.

If he directed those comments at a Celtic player or a player from the Republic of Ireland i can guarantee the racist card would have been played.

We'll discuss it at Pittodrie.

Putting that aside you will see that i and many others have said he wasn't racist but as usual you come in and take a view designed to stir up trouble.

If he directed those comments at a Celtic player or a player from the Republic of Ireland i can guarantee the racist card would have been played.

We'll discuss it at Pittodrie.

The guy I quoted origianlly said it was racist - please dont ignore the facts....

You can guarantee that, can you? How?

The guy I quoted origianlly said it was racist - please dont ignore the facts....

You can guarantee that, can you? How?

"Why don't you go home"

"The sooner he leaves our little island here in the UK on a single ticket somewhere it will not come soon enough for me."

What do the two statements above basically allude to?

"Why don't you go home"

"The sooner he leaves our little island here in the UK on a single ticket somewhere it will not come soon enough for me."

What do the two statements above basically allude to?

They dont allude to the same thing.

One is telling/asking a group of individuals to go home based on ethnicity (or whatever) - Always a dangerous and loaded statement to make about a collection of individials.

The other is Craig Burley stating his opinion on an individual - based on that individuals behaviour. Nothing to do with race, creed, religion, ethnic origin or the country the individual comes from. There is no comparison.

P.S. What happened to your explanation on how you can guarantee people would play the race card?

They dont allude to the same thing.

One is telling/asking a group of individuals to go home based on ethnicity (or whatever) - Always a dangerous and loaded statement to make about a collection of individials.

The other is Craig Burley stating his opinion on an individual - based on that individuals behaviour. Nothing to do with race, creed, religion, ethnic origin or the country the individual comes from. There is no comparison.

P.S. What happened to your explanation on how you can guarantee people would play the race card?

Wrong. We are telling them to go home based on their behaviour, actions and total lack of respect in this country. You just defeated your own argument