That Ness turn and pass.

PaulRFC1

:praise:

Going away from goal with 3 Hearts players on him and then what a turn and pass, the turn took out all 3 of the Hearts player and he just pinged a superb pass through to Lafferty.

What a future this boy is going to have.

Diouf is classy aswell, one thing I noticed is his balance when he is running with the ball.

He uses his strength and balance well to go by players and his cross to Edu was superb.

Disappointed to not see Healy and Davis should have been the one subbed and not Weiss.

We must improve tho and actually attempt to play football or else it could be a long night against the terrorist lovers.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know comparisons have been made already but that whole thing was very Jim Baxter-ish. A real bit of class.

He will hopefully keep getting better and better. He is nowhere near the complete package yet which is amazing because at times he looks 100 times better than the rest of our midfield.

He is a player that I look forward to go and watch now and we don't have many of them.

I know comparisons have been made already but that whole thing was very Jim Baxter-ish. A real bit of class.

He will hopefully keep getting better and better. He is nowhere near the complete package yet which is amazing because at times he looks 100 times better than the rest of our midfield.

He is a player that I look forward to go and watch now and we don't have many of them.

So true.

I would say he is already way better than McCulloch and Edu and the way Davis has been playing he is better than him too.

He done something similar to one player at Tynecastle when he done that turn and had a shot which Kello done brilliantly to stop.

He is a top class player.

I just really hope we tie him down for longer in the summer.

I think Ness is going to be good player for us maybe even a great player but last night he was utter baws, gave the ball away with aimless punts and struggled to retain possession.

He misplaced a few passes but he was head and shoulders above Davis and edu! Him, weiss and diouf were our best players.

I think Ness is going to be good player for us maybe even a great player but last night he was utter baws, gave the ball away with aimless punts and struggled to retain possession.

We were obviously watching different games.

We were obviously watching different games.

It seems so we were completely dominated in Midfield by Hearts, our midfield looked ponderous and slower to every ball.

Great result but i thought it was the weakest area of the team last night.

Sorry but he has a long way to go to even get near Baxter.

It seems so we were completely dominated in Midfield by Hearts, our midfield looked ponderous and slower to every ball.

Great result but i thought it was the weakest area of the team last night.

Got to disagree with that , when you have davie weir at the back thats the weakest area. How deep were we sitting last night man at one point diouf had to shout at the midfield and tell them to push up

Got to disagree with that , when you have davie weir at the back thats the weakest area. How deep were we sitting last night man at one point diouf had to shout at the midfield and tell them to push up

(tu) exactly as much as i thank him for his excellent contribution over the last couple of seasons its time for him to be dropped he is only holding this team back from playing football these days , the gap between the midfield and the front line is scary 9 men eithin 30 yards of our goal and one standing uptop alone with no out ball even if he can hold it up :(

Sorry but he has a long way to go to even get near Baxter.

I only said that particular move was very Baxter-ish. I realise comparisons between Jim Baxter and Jamie Ness are very premature and quite wide of the mark just now.

But you have to admit, at times he does look the part and certain aspects of his play do resemble Baxters. The composure, flair and vision of his play are all top notch. He just isn't doing enough of it at present, he seems to have 30 minutes of sheer quality and then he fades away.

An exciting prospect if anything.

I only said that particular move was very Baxter-ish. I realise comparisons between Jim Baxter and Jamie Ness are very premature and quite wide of the mark just now.

But you have to admit, at times he does look the part and certain aspects of his play do resemble Baxters. The composure, flair and vision of his play are all top notch. He just isn't doing enough of it at present, he seems to have 30 minutes of sheer quality and then he fades away.

An exciting prospect if anything.

Yes i agree with you, he looks a great prospect and i like watching him. He can also do what Baxter could not do and that was tackle. :lol:

Have you sat and studied the game on a replay? I think the stats might surprise you.

If I get time in the next few days,I'll do a detailed rundown of the stats of all the player re-tackles made-completed passes etc!. and just see how close to facts your statement is.