That Ness turn and pass.

PaulRFC1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:anguish:

How can you argue with that point really? He does have a good touch and is strong on the ball at times. The boy certainly has potential but he hasn't done anything really out of the ordinary than show a bit of promise.

IMO, the reason he's only signed a two year deal is so it'll be easier to sell him.Clubs might be put off if he's got four years left on a deal due to the extra cost.

So you think we're going to try to sell him for as little money as possible?

How can you argue with that point really? He does have a good touch and is strong on the ball at times. The boy certainly has potential but he hasn't done anything really out of the ordinary than show a bit of promise.

some people get excited if a player can pass a ball 10 yards!

So you think we're going to try to sell him for as little money as possible?

Can we not just enjoy seeing the boy playing for us at the moment instead of talking about how much we are going to sell him for , when it comes we can start talking about it.

people only make the Jim Baxter comparison cos Football Manager says that....

Looks a fantastic prospect but ffs he has played 6 or so games, dont get carried away giving him unrealistic comparisons

Now don't think i'm taking the piss out of you mate! because this question is 100% sincere.

What the fuck is "football manager"?

Let me tell you! I watched the late and great Jim Baxter throughout almost EVERY game in his career and having spent my life being a football player and a coach/manager, I can tell you the similarities between Jim Baxter and Jamie Ness is spooky.

It has nothing to do with passing a ball (although young Jamie is getting good at it) and it certainly has nothing to do with the way Baxter strutted around the field as if he was the only one on the park...and I hope to fuck that Jamie Ness never gets as cocky as Baxter was.

If you REALLY can't see the similarities between Ness and Baxter (That's as long as you actually witnessed Baxter on a park and not an old newsreel tape) and you really want to know, send me a pm and I'll gladly detail them for you.

PS...Don't forget to tell me what the fuck this "football Manager" is.

I don't see how anyone can say Jamie Ness has done nothing special since he came into the side.

He is our only midfielder right now who looks comfortable on the ball, can make a tackle, keep possession and not be afraid to ping a ball 60 yards across the park.

The wee man has been a revelation.

Now don't think i'm taking the piss out of you mate! because this question is 100% sincere.

What the fuck is "football manager"?

Let me tell you! I watched the late and great Jim Baxter throughout almost EVERY game in his career and having spent my life being a football player and a coach/manager, I can tell you the similarities between Jim Baxter and Jamie Ness is spooky.

It has nothing to do with passing a ball (although young Jamie is getting good at it) and it certainly has nothing to do with the way Baxter strutted around the field as if he was the only one on the park...and I hope to fuck that Jamie Ness never gets as cocky as Baxter was.

If you REALLY can't see the similarities between Ness and Baxter (That's as long as you actually witnessed Baxter on a park and not an old newsreel tape) and you really want to know, send me a pm and I'll gladly detail them for you.

PS...Don't forget to tell me what the fuck this "football Manager" is.

Its a game m8.

Its good to know from someone who has seen Baxter play that the comparison is very real.

Oh the joys you must have had watching the likes of Baxter and Cooper grace Ibrox.

Im Jealous but there's always Broadfoot that I can look forward to. :craphead:

Its a game m8.

Its good to know from someone who has seen Baxter play that the comparison is very real.

Oh the joys you must have had watching the likes of Baxter and Cooper grace Ibrox.

Im Jealous but there's always Broadfoot that I can look forward to. :craphead:

Don't give me it broadfoots one of the greatest to grace such a stadium.....

Maybe in a st mirren shirt :craphead:

Thought ness wasn't to good the other night but I'm not going to be jumping on his back as he was still our best player in that midfield, the rest of them really need to get a grip or every game we see we will be dominated in their.

Cheers lads. (tu)

Brilliant turn, vision and then the pass.

As I've said in another thread, we need to tie him down to a long-term contract and then stick a £10m pricetag on him. We can't afford to lose him in the summer because Premiership clubs will be interested. We can't let him go on the cheap either.

I saw Baxter in the flesh @ Ibrox many times. There is more than just a passing similarity. Ness is the closest I've ever seen to Slim Jim. Just the way he 'looks' when he's running with the ball. I swear I'm watching Jim again.

Unbelievable.

Not to put any pressure on the lad mind. (tu)

Ness really is refreshing to watch. He has an elegance on the ball that we haven't had for god knows how long. I'm too young to have seen him play but I've watched enough videos to see what the old guard are saying about similarities with Baxter.

Undoubtedly Ness is a huge prospect but the comparisons with Baxter are not justified.There will only ever be ONE Jim Baxter.I was only a young schoolboy but I saw Baxter play for Raith Rovers against Dundee Utd. I think he was only 18 but he was an absolute standout that day. I then saw him many times play for us and what he did with a ball at his feet was the stuff of dreams.They say he couldnt tackle but I once saw him nail Jimmy Greaves in a 50/50 at Hampden.Jamie Ness has really impressed me but as Minstral says if he turns out half as good as the man then that will do me.

Undoubtedly Ness is a huge prospect but the comparisons with Baxter are not justified.There will only ever be ONE Jim Baxter.I was only a young schoolboy but I saw Baxter play for Raith Rovers against Dundee Utd. I think he was only 18 but he was an absolute standout that day. I then saw him many times play for us and what he did with a ball at his feet was the stuff of dreams.They say he couldnt tackle but I once saw him nail Jimmy Greaves in a 50/50 at Hampden.Jamie Ness has really impressed me but as Minstral says if he turns out half as good as the man then that will do me.

Agree mate that there will only be one Baxter.