Diouf on Lennon's behaviour, future OF games and Hartson

Boab

EL HADJI DIOUF last night claimed Celtic manager Neil Lennon launched a furious verbal attack on him in the Ibrox tunnel at halftime in Sunday's Old Firm derby.

Diouf has criticised the pumped-up Parkhead boss for stepping out of line by deliberately targeting him throughout Sunday's Scottish Cup cracker.

The 30-year-old says he was shocked to be confronted by a raging Lennon as tempers boiled over.

Diouf said: "It's true. Lennon did come at me in the tunnel. He was just trying to wind me up and get me into trouble. Everyone was trying to wind me up. That must have been Lennon's plan.

"I heard him talking about me before the game and it's obvious what he was trying to get his players to do.

"Then at half-time he came towards me in the tunnel, shouting at me. I can't even remember what he was saying. I think he told me to 'shut up' but I wasn't paying him much attention.

"I couldn't believe a manager was behaving in this way. How can any manager have the time to wait in the tunnel for an opposing player at half-time in such a big game? Shouldn't he be in his own dressing room, waiting for his own players?

"You wouldn't see a man like Walter Smith behave like that."

Diouf has another four Old Firm clashes to come before his loan deal from Blackburn is up at the end of the season.

First up is an SPL game a week on Sunday when Diouf returns to Celtic Park for the first time since he was caught spitting on a fan during a UEFA Cup tie with Liverpool eight years ago.

But he insists he is being singled out for provocation by the Parkhead club.

He said: "I don't have a problem with Lennon. I live in Glasgow now so I'm sure I will see him about, in a restaurant or something like that. If he wants to talk to me there then that's fine - we can speak man to man.

"I don't have a problem with Celtic - all I want to do is enjoy playing my football. But they seem to have a problem with me.

"Even at the weekend I saw John Hartson having a go at me in the paper. I have big respect for what John Hartson did as a player and I'm very sorry he has been ill with cancer.

"But why does he need to pick on me? When you finish playing football sometimes it's better to stop talking and concentrate on doing other things.

"But if Celtic think they can wind me up they have made a big mistake. Maybe that would have worked five years ago but I am not a kid any more.

"For me, that game is over, Lennon won't wind me up.

"We have another four games to come against Celtic and I can't wait to help Rangers win them."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2011/02/08/rangers-star-el-hadji-diouf-celtic-manager-neil-lennon-blasted-me-in-the-tunnel-86908-22907547/

For all the furore, he's quite the dignified one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im loving diouf. yes he's in the papers which we'd all rather tit for tat was left to the dark side, but theyr gunna go all out to take him out the game. can only do us favours if we just concentrate on scoring and let them concentrate on diouf. should create more gaps for us to theoretically expose

"I couldn't believe a manager was behaving in this way. How can any manager have the time to wait in the tunnel for an opposing player at half-time in such a big game? Shouldn't he be in his own dressing room, waiting for his own players?

"You wouldn't see a man like Walter Smith behave like that."

thats cause lennon is a fucking gutter rat. Grew from the sewer...just like the club he now manages.

i really hope he dies.

Fucking BB has a mind of its own. This just shows up the lack of class the wee ginger prick lennon has. Are wee surpised by his actions, after all we're nothing but Orange Bastards to him. I liked the part where he says "You wouldn't see a MAN like Walter Smith doing that". That in itself is the biggest point, Neil Lennon is not a man, i wouldnt even insult my kids by calling him a child either. He's nothing but a weedy little fanny.

The over-reaction to Diouf is similar to the over-reaction to Walter because of Sunday.

Diouf looks a player, his play on Sunday looked promising but he has had one & half games and we are worshipping him like the second coming.

At the moment he is saying all the things we want to hear him say, and as an experienced player, things i would expect him to say to help ingratiate himself with the support.

What I hope to see in the coming weeks, is either goals or assists in creating the goals, basically a serious contribution to helping us retain the league.

Platitudes are all good & well but actions speak louder than words and it's time for him to lose his "bad boy" image and use this loan move as a way to restore past glories & footballing reputation.

The over-reaction to Diouf is similar to the over-reaction to Walter because of Sunday.

Diouf looks a player, his play on Sunday looked promising but he has had one & half games and we are worshipping him like the second coming.

At the moment he is saying all the things we want to hear him say, and as an experienced player, things i would expect him to say to help ingratiate himself with the support.

What I hope to see in the coming weeks, is either goals or assists in creating the goals, basically a serious contribution to helping us retain the league.

Platitudes are all good & well but actions speak louder than words and it's time for him to lose his "bad boy" image and use this loan move as a way to restore past glories & footballing reputation.

This. (tu)

I mostly agree, though I still do dread the worst happening and him doing "something".

Right, he has said his bit and he has come across very dignified that is all great. Now can we keep him away from the media please.

The Scottish press are desperate for him to slip up. They constantly follow "Diouf hasn't took the bait" with "yet". You can see how much they want him to fuck up, they are salivating at the prospect of being able to publicly tear him to shreds. The less chance we give him the better, they will push him for a quote or a wee sound bite they can run with.

Let's just help him focus on becoming part of the team and using his talent to hurt teams.

Do your talking on the pitch El Hadji!

Spot on. I was impressed with how he dealt with the Scum's baiting on Sunday but I wish he'd shut his fucking mouth and stop bleating to the tabloids.

I've got a funny feeling this seasons OF games are going to be even more vile and hate filled than normal over these incidents, and I cannae fucking wait. Intae these fenian cunts el hadji!

I've got a funny feeling this seasons OF games are going to be even more vile and hate filled than normal over these incidents, and I cannae fucking wait. Intae these fenian cunts el hadji!

Spot on mate, let's get into these taig bastards!

I don't think he's gone bleating to the tabloids... It's more likely they are constantly chasing him for quotes or stories, hoping he slips up and says something he shouldn't... Or gobs on a journalist!

Agree, he needs to prove it on the pitch, but if he can focus the hatred he's getting from the scum into his match play, he'll be ace - he's certainly got the skill. Just hope his enthusiasm and determination rubs off on some others in the team too.

And to think that Walter and Ally are mates with that little scumbag.

I think our management team being respectful when talking publicly is a very different thing from them being 'mates' with Lennon.

As Diouf stated in the article, whilst Lennon was resorting to type: "You wouldn't see a man like Walter Smith behave like that."

Long may that continue to be the case.

I think our management team being respectful when talking publicly is a very different thing from them being 'mates' with Lennon.

As Diouf stated in the article, whilst Lennon was resorting to type: "You wouldn't see a man like Walter Smith behave like that."

Long may that continue to be the case.

Moses how long are our club going to stand back and let Lennon abuse our players. It was Lafferty at the last game, and he has a go at Naismith and Diouf on Sunday.