***The Official Rangers vs. Sporting CP Thread***

Muff

Rangers play well at the start of the 2nd half and go a goal up and could get more. Then Rangers sit back and allow the other team to dictate play. Where have we seen this b4? Why was not 1 sub used ? walter would of been happy with a 0-0 and delighted with a 1-0 he got what he deserved.

Rangers would be better of going out of Europe and concentrating on the league. Then Walter can move on.

As for the game, expect massive overreactions from people who were 2 minutes away from posting about what a brilliant result and performance we had

We played brilliantly in the second half and easily deserved to win. Conceding a late equaliser totally against the run of play doesn't suddenly change that.

Agreed (tu)

As for the game, expect massive overreactions from people who were 2 minutes away from posting about what a brilliant result and performance we had

We played brilliantly in the second half and easily deserved to win. Conceding a late equaliser totally against the run of play doesn't suddenly change that.

We played 'brilliantly' for about 10-15 minutes.

That's it.

After the goal we sat back again and invited them to have a go.

Could've done with Big Hatters up there tonight... Still, I believe we are punching above our weight given all the circumstances. I am not sure another manager could have dragged more out of our squad. I just wish there was a little bit more pragmatism in terms of subs and formation.

probably the worst display by a rangers striker i've seeen in a long long time, an absolute imposter of a footballer- no football brain or ability whatsoever. 3 years and he's no better than the day he arrived. the management team defy belief as well sometimes.

ive lost all patience with lafferty. I can hardly believe its 3 years we have been waiting for him to come good. No end product= passenger.

Well there's a surprise eh! What can we expect if we only play for 20 minutes in every game! I'm f**kin' pissed off!

A 1 - 0 win wouldn't have been the greatest result ever - but I'd have gladly taken it. Sporting were rubbish and we were no better!

So many non performers - yet again. This is really becoming repetitive. Shit performance after shit performance.

I'M SLOWLY LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE. The Mhanks must be watching this and laughing - Sunday probably can't come soon enough for them!

I'm away to lie down in a very dark room!!

Smith's tactics weren't bad tonight. We were far better than them in the second half, it was probably Lafferty's finishing that cost us.

Was some encouraging signs and we know what we need to do, win in Lisbon.

1-0 Up and we stood back and invited them to attack. Diouf was knackered and Edu was hopeless. S Davis? Lafferty was "off". Why stand back? Why not freshen up the midfield and also put on Healy? No subs was idiotic.

If we had played with 2 strikers we would have scored a bundle tonight.

WTF was Papac when they attacked down the right for their goal? Why was the striker 100% uncovered and given a free header?

ive lost all patience with lafferty. I can hardly believe its 3 years we have been waiting for him to come good. No end product= passenger.

I hate to single out players... he was in the right places. It just hasn't happened for him. Too over-eager? Not a striker? I don't know... He is running out of time as a striker, that is for certain.

We controlled the whole half. We were never going to go pressing for a 2nd goal when we were 1-0 up at home in a first leg.

Well we should have freshened up the team and gone after a 2nd goal. No - we sat back with tired players and let them score. Pathetic.

Draw 2-2 against Celtic, Walters a shitebag and Celtic are going to win the league.

Beat Motherwell 6-0, the leagues ours. Bring on the tims.

Draw 1-1 against Sporting Lisbon, Walters fault again even though we had more than enough chances to win.

No but a blind man could see the team needed freshened up and why sit back and not go for a second goal? Pathetic.

ive lost all patience with lafferty. I can hardly believe its 3 years we have been waiting for him to come good. No end product + a soul-destroying first touch = passenger.

Agonising to watch at times; I almost never have confidence that he will actually score, though it pains me greatly to say it.

1-0 Up and we stood back and invited them to attack. Diouf was knackered and Edu was hopeless. S Davis? Lafferty was "off". Why stand back? Why not freshen up the midfield and also put on Healy? No subs was idiotic.

If we had played with 2 strikers we would have scored a bundle tonight.

WTF was Papac when they attacked down the right for their goal? Why was the striker 100% uncovered and given a free header?

We hardly sat back. Had chances throughout the half and controlled the game. The fact of the matter is, they scored against the run of play. That happens in football.

The no-subs was the only thing for me but we didn't sit back.

Again, those are individual errors, not tactical faults.

rangers games should be censored on tv, either that or a goverment health warning.

my blood pressure can't take anyh more with smith and his constant playing players out of posistion, refusing to change when change is evident and the rotation of the squad wich is null.