• Jelavic
    • Weiss
    • Diouf
    • Naismith
    • Davis
    • Bougherra
    • Mcgregor
    • Other

I was just thinking to myself, I really have no idea who would be considered our best player, arguements could be made for many of our players:

Jelavic just oozes class and could be a legend in the making, certainly the best out and out striker in Scotland.

Weiss when on form he is on a different level to most and currently tops the table for most assists. He has the ability to do things with the ball no one else can up here.

Diouf has proved over the years what a quality player he is at a high level and has hit the ground running since he arrived here with a string of impressive performances.

Last seasons player of the year Steven Davis has consistantly been touted as the best player in Scotland, although he might not have reached the same levels this season his quality is unquestionable.

Steven Naismith is without doubt our most improved player this season and for me anyway our best player in the opening half of the season.

An honourable metion to Bougherra, may not have had his best season by his standards but he is surely still the best defender in the spl.

Lastly Alan Mcgregor, phenomenal goalkeeper. World class? wouldnt argue with it.

Just wondered what everyone elses thoughts are?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since he arrived at the Club, I have always liked Steven Davis and the way he plays his football but if I'm totally honest, I think this season it has been Allan McGregor. He has been simply oustanding for us with some unbelievable performances.

I really hope he wants to stay at Rangers and if he does. I'm sure he'll be up there with the likes of The Goalie and Der Goalie.

And Diouf's only played 3 games

And all 3 games he has been really good. Weiss is a decent player! If he would pass the ball and do the simple thing he would be a great wee player.

He is very frustrating to watch sometimes. He dances on the spot sometimes. I know Rangers have been starved of really skilful players in the last few years but there has to be a end product to his play.

Since he arrived at the Club, I have always liked Steven Davis and the way he plays his football but if I'm totally honest, I think this season it has been Allan McGregor. He has been simply oustanding for us with some unbelievable performances.

I really hope he wants to stay at Rangers and if he does. I'm sure he'll be up there with the likes of The Goalie and Der Goalie.

Has he not surpassed Klos yet?

Has he not surpassed Klos yet?

Yes probably but it still irks me that Klos didnt get more game time after his injury and Eck stuck with Waterreus who I might add, never let us down.

Maybe I'm being a bit biased towards Stefan Klos because I always thought he was a fantastic keeper.

We all have our favourites and sometimes it can cloud our judgement and on second thoughts I would agree that McGregor has surpassed Klos as you say.