Djibril Cisse

hutchy14

Former Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse has vowed to quit Panathinaikos after claiming he has been racially abused this season.

Cisse, who also played for Sunderland, has revealed how he fears the Greek league is becoming increasingly hostile to black players.

He told L’Equipe: 'This season the atmosphere in the stands has got worse. Twice already, I have been the victim of monkey chants, of racist insults.'

Referring to the 2-1 defeat to leaders Olympiakos, he added: 'It was the same thing again on Saturday night.

'They managed to get inflatable bananas (into the stadium) that they were shaking around every time I touched the ball.

'This summer I’m leaving, that’s for sure. It’s impossible for me here. Even though the Pana fans are fantastic, even though the club is great, I don’t want to play in this league any more.'

Cisse was one of four Panathinaikos players attacked as fans swarmed on to the field after the final whistle.

He added: 'I was their target. Some of them hit me and I retaliated to defend myself. It’s a disgrace. I’m not going to let things lie. This week, I will make a complaint to UEFA and I can tell you I won’t drop it.'

Cisse has scored 41 goals in 49 league games for Panathinaikos.

Would be a great signing imo. Although wages would no doubt be an issue. I think he would run a mock in the SPL.

Great, a striker is just what this team needs doh

I think it is one of the main positions. We need new players in the spine of the team, a centre-half, centre-mid, striker

Although we also need two wing backs

TBH we need a whole new fucking team!

nah he would score any goals for us cos the rest of the team are gash and dont create enough chances

this exactly.

we have arguably the most able striker to grace the SPL in the last 5 years, yet he is not being supplied.

:jelavic:

More chance of him signing for Celtic! :(

Huge YES from me anyway.

Guys a class act. Pay the wages just now for him, it will be worth it when were celebrating our treble or quadruple! We need more goals in the team, despite what people think of our midfield. We need goals. Thats whats got Lennon through, goals, we need some more, this guy would run a mock up here.

Great, a striker is just what this team needs doh

Come the summer it is. We will be left with Nikica Jelavic and James Beattie!

Djibril Cisse would cost too much (still under contract) and his wages would be far too much for us. We can't afford these sort of players.