If we made Dublin ...

ricksen_da_best

Been thinking about this and if we make dublin, which is very possible they will change the venue. I do not think they could handle 300 thousands Bears turning up, if Manchester couldn't handle all that turned up there then no way that mhob could. For safety reasons alone they would change it. Fuck me there would be Bears trying to get there in rowing boats if they had to ! :sherlock:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been thinking about this and if we make dublin, which is very possible they will change the venue. I do not think they could handle 300 thousands Bears turning up, if Manchester couldn't handle all that turned up there then no way that mhob could. For safety reasons alone they would change it. Fuck me there would be Bears trying to get there in rowing boats if they had to ! :sherlock:

They'd have to as there is no way they would cope and there would be bother which would not reflect well on the Rangers support. I'm sure someone said the Emirates was being made available as a back up. I also think the problem with Dublin is we would not be safe, the rheptiles would not want to miss an opportunity to strike at thousands of bears on their turf.

They'd have to as there is no way they would cope and there would be bother which would not reflect well on the Rangers support. I'm sure someone said the Emirates was being made available as a back up. I also think the problem with Dublin is we would not be safe, the rheptiles would not want to miss an opportunity to strike at thousands of bears on their turf.

Yes I am hearing they would change the venue too Collie ! (tu):sherlock:

Yes I am hearing they would change the venue too Collie ! (tu):sherlock:

You would think they would welcome the injection of cash into their economy though, however I dare say many would stock up on booze in Ulster and try to spend as little cash there as possible! :sherlock:

Nothing would stop me going to dublin

Job , girlfriend can go fuck themselves if it was ever an issue

I'd literally walk there over burning coals to see the bears take over Dublin

They would sing about it for centuries

i never went to manchester, i watched in george square as me n the ex were goin to visit my family that week. had i gone to manchester, i wouldve gone to piccadily, so im glad in a way that i dint go.

this time, if i get a ticket, il be going regardless of anything.

Was there screens up in George Square? What kinda turn out was there?

Was there screens up in George Square? What kinda turn out was there?

no, all the pubs were heavin, when 2nd goal went i started my way back to charing cross, whilst sirens went past me to george square..never really knew what went on after id left

UEFA havea ruling that only 1 of their finals can be played in any 1 country in the same season.

It won't be the Emirates as Wembley has the CL Final, although Arsenal did offer the facility.

On Google Maps, Wembley and the Emirates are in the same country. :sherlock:

UEFA havea ruling that only 1 of their finals can be played in any 1 country in the same season.

It won't be the Emirates as Wembley has the CL Final, although Arsenal did offer the facility.

On Google Maps, Wembley and the Emirates are in the same country. :sherlock:

Wasnt aware you couldnt have 2 finals in the same country in the same season mate. Either way, if we made it there is no way the final would be played there.

Wasnt aware you couldnt have 2 finals in the same country in the same season mate. Either way, if we made it there is no way the final would be played there.

I think it would mate - too much of a loss tae the economy.

They'd be more than willing to go through 1 day of mayhem just for the income.

The travel restrictions would be horrendous though and nobody would be allowed into the country without a ticket, let alone Dublin.

They'd find a way.

EDIT: I'm more concerned about how many would be looking to book up with Thomas Cook for the trip to guarantee a ticket mate.

I think it would mate - too much of a loss tae the economy.

They'd be more than willing to go through 1 day of mayhem just for the income.

The travel restrictions would be horrendous though and nobody would be allowed into the country without a ticket, let alone Dublin.

They'd find a way.

EDIT: I'm more concerned about how many would be looking to book up with Thomas Cook for the trip to guarantee a ticket mate.

I'd do it if it meant getting a ticket although no doubt would be TC members only. But aye they would find a way to stop bears getting in, however I dare say plenty of ticketless bears would find their way in somehow :sherlock:

Booler, how could they stop everyone entering a country?

A complete lockdown at borders for a week unless you have match ticket? Impossible.

And I highly doubt they would switch the venue with 13 days to spare. They would need to switch it a lot earlier than that, say if we reached the semis.

Booler, how could they stop everyone entering a country?

A complete lockdown at borders for a week unless you have match ticket? Impossible.

And I highly doubt they would switch the venue with 13 days to spare. They would need to switch it a lot earlier than that, say if we reached the semis.

Not just impossible but illegal as we have freedon of movement within the EU.....

No way a city as skint as dublin would accept this being moved considering the money that could be made from it.

Not just impossible but illegal as we have freedon of movement within the EU.....

No way a city as skint as dublin would accept this being moved considering the money that could be made from it.

GFS96 and GCL - I agree completely that it would not be moved for various reasons such as finance, logistics, etc.

However, it would be made as difficult as possible for folk tae go there without a ticket. I agree about the freedom of movement across Europe and all that crap but they can bring in temporary bye laws to get round this.

FFS It wiz difficult enough trying tae get tae the Man Utd game last year without a ticket from Rangers FC, never mind Ireland.

GFS96 and GCL - I agree completely that it would not be moved for various reasons such as finance, logistics, etc.

However, it would be made as difficult as possible for folk tae go there without a ticket. I agree about the freedom of movement across Europe and all that crap but they can bring in temporary bye laws to get round this.

FFS It wiz difficult enough trying tae get tae the Man Utd game last year without a ticket from Rangers FC, never mind Ireland.

No they can't mate, not to stop people going to a football game....

The main problem would be the lack of transport between the uk and ireland, no way it would be able to cope. Also the infrastructure in dublin itself would really struggle, it's not great.