Chelsea vs Man United

Wilshere is technically miles ahead of Lampard and Gerrard right now ?

I just disagree totally.

Lampard has a fantastic range of passing which is very underrated and I just don't see what Wilshere has that Lampard hasn't.

The Hype has been a bit ridiculous lately with Wilshere, after that Barcelona match it was just silly :lol: he had like 200 less passes than Xavi and Xavi was still ahead of him in pass percentage but supposedly he played as well as him and ran the midfield etc.

The last part about the Barcelona thing I agree with. I debated with people on here about that.

And yes, Wilshere is technically better than Lampard and Gerrard right now, and he's better than they were 5 years ago in technical terms.

He might not have the goals of Lampard or the Drive of Gerrard but he's so similar to Andres Iniesta, imo. Iniesta doesn't have the goals or drive either but he's easily twice the player of Lampard and Stevie G.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilshere is technically miles ahead of Lampard and Gerrard right now ?

I just disagree totally.

Lampard has a fantastic range of passing which is very underrated and I just don't see what Wilshere has that Lampard hasn't.

The Hype has been a bit ridiculous lately with Wilshere, after that Barcelona match it was just silly :lol: he had like 200 less passes than Xavi and Xavi was still ahead of him in pass percentage but supposedly he played as well as him and ran the midfield etc.

Passes dont mean fuck all. How many of those passes were to his 2 CB's or wing backs which would also have got his percentage up. If his passes had been splitting the defence then fine but they werent or else Barcelona would have won. Whenever wilshere got the ball he was driving forward. Wilshere is EASILLYYY better than Lampard and Gerrard technically. He has a batter first touch and ball control than Lampard and Gerrard. Not a better range of passing but he will in a year or 2 and IMO will be talked about in 15 years as one of the best english midfielders of all time and he will get more than 100 caps for his country.

For me Wilshere so far is a good Holding midfielder who can retain possession well and rarely gives the ball away, I just think Lampard and Gerrard are much more than that and I don't see Wilshere having a season like Lampard last season or Gerrard 2008/2009.

I think its just a silly statement.

Stopped reading there. What a load of shite. He's a good goalscorer (how many have been pens?), but he is certainly not "phenomenal". That word should be used when describing players like Messi, Ronaldo (Brazil), Ronaldinho, Zidane, Xavi etc.

I'll apply the word in whichever context I choose. Lampard performed consistently at a high level for a lot longer than Ronaldinho did. Ronaldinho clearly had/has way more technical ability but Lampard contributed massively in winning Chelsea a load of tournaments. He has been one of the best players in the premiership for many seasons.

And yes all his goals were pens :rolleyes:.

How many times has a late run into the box from Lampard won a match for Chelsea? 8 trophies for Chelsea and runner up in the champions league. Does he not also have over 20 goals in the champions league?

:craphead: :craphead: :craphead: :craphead:

I knew someone would say something. What i mean is they dont mean fuck all if they go nowhere. I mean how much was xavi's pass percentage inflated by passes to his cb's? and how many passes he completed were inflated in the same way.

I'll apply the word in whichever context I choose. Lampard performed consistently at a high level for a lot longer than Ronaldinho did. Ronaldinho clearly had/has way more technical ability but Lampard contributed massively in winning Chelsea a load of tournaments. He has been one of the best players in the premiership for many seasons.

And yes all his goals were pens :rolleyes:.

How many times has a late run into the box from Lampard won a match for Chelsea? 8 trophies for Chelsea and runner up in the champions league. Does he not also have over 20 goals in the champions league?

And? Your point is....

Just because he's performed at a reasonably high level for longer doesn't make him phenomenal. Ronaldinho at his best was phenomenal, no matter how long his best lasted. It was breathtaking football from a genius.

Yes, late runs into the box from Lampard result in quite a few goals. That's my point. That's why people think he's technically brilliant. He's not. He's a great goalscorer and a good footballer. Phenomenal my arse.

I knew someone would say something. What i mean is they dont mean fuck all if they go nowhere. I mean how much was xavi's pass percentage inflated by passes to his cb's? and how many passes he completed were inflated in the same way.

They don't go nowhere. Xavi and Iniesta retain possession and think 2 or 3 moves ahead. You think they formed the central midfields of champions league, Euro Cup and world cup winning sides without every making important passes?

And? Your point is....

Just because he's performed at a reasonably high level for longer doesn't make him phenomenal. Ronaldinho at his best was phenomenal, no matter how long his best lasted. It was breathtaking football from a genius.

Yes, late runs into the box from Lampard result in quite a few goals. That's my point. That's why people think he's technically brilliant. He's not. He's a great goalscorer and a good footballer. Phenomenal my arse.

He is a fantastic footballer

Guest SandyWATP

If he was English you wouldn't be laughing.

I'm the first person not to believe the English hype, you'll find that out soon enough.

Fantastic performance from the boys in blue

Ramires & David Luiz were outstanding, Drogba too when he came on

Hopefully push on from here

How would you rate Torres' performance? :pipe:

And? Your point is....

Players can be phenominal without being the most technically in the world. He's unlikely to stand just outside the box and do a stepover past a defender but who the fuck cares when he's very likely to hit the top corner or lay an assist to a striker. I would say 22 goals from a midfielder last season is pretty phenominal.

Make no mistake though, Lampard is by no stretch of the imagination a technically poor player. There is a reason he has so many assists and has won so many tophies.

Jose Mourinho doesn't tend to rate technically poor players so highly.

Couldn't be happier with this result , keeps the title race wide open .

Soft pen , but was a definate goalscoring opportunity . The fact the ref kept his cards in his pocket shows he knew it wasn't a deliberate trip , but he had to give the pen IMO .

Also delighted to see Rooney getting kicked up and down the park tonight , I despise that cunt !

They don't go nowhere. Xavi and Iniesta retain possession and think 2 or 3 moves ahead. You think they formed the central midfields of champions league, Euro Cup and world cup winning sides without every making important passes?

Ofcourse they do but someone was going on about his passes and pass completion in relation to wilsheres that night and thats what i was referring too. I dont think its unrealistic to say Wilshere can play at a similar level to iniesta or Xavi

How would you rate Torres' performance? :pipe:

Started well , seeing lots of the play and made some good runs

Scored a great goal which should have stood IMO

Struggled to get the ball once Scholes and the rest of the Utd midfield got going

Was involved in the build up which led to the penalty and linked well with Drogba when he came on

Players can be phenominal without being the most technically in the world. He's unlikely to stand just outside the box and do a stepover past a defender but who the fuck cares when he's very likely to hit the top corner or lay an assist to a striker. I would say 22 goals from a midfielder last season is pretty phenominal.

Make no mistake though, Lampard is by no stretch of the imagination a technically poor player. There is a reason he has so many assists and has won so many tophies.

Jose Mourinho doesn't tend to rate technically poor players so highly.

Is it not Drogba that takes their freekicks when hes on ?