Coisty's first signing is 'Bomber' !

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of our supporters have never forgiven Brown for giving the fingers to them when he was playing for Dundee

They must lead sad lives then

I've never forgotten his efforts when we beat Aberdeen at ibrox to win the league on the last day of the season, or when he scored at the Brendanbeau and jumped over the advertising boards or when he lamped that tim who ran onto the park at torbett towers or when he raised over 100k for Yorkhill.

I could go on but you probably get the drift

I can see what you mean but i dont know why people are so obsessed with signing players from abroad when tbh the prices arent that different and if you lookk well enough you can find players here that will do just as well!

Guys like Dorrans, McArthur, Sammon etc have all moved to play at a much higher level than we do week in week out for buttons!

Yes but look as Celtic for example. They have signed some stinkers from abroad yes but look at there current team just now. Arguably their best 3 players are Kayal, Ki and Izaguirre.

I'd say those 3 combined probably didn't even cost have as much as we payed for Lafferty. The talent is out there if you know what your looking for.

Legend Bomber will start at Murray Park tomorrow at First Team Scout. He will work alongside another ex Ranger Neil Murray. This is what we need back at Ibrox people who know what it's all about. Welcome home Bomber ! :sherlock:

Have to agree to disagree with you here Bro....

For me its GTF Broon & take yer 2-fingers with ye. :pipe:

Well I must admit that I was a bit shocked when I was told that, myself.

I wasn't there, obviously, but apparently he got the shits and gave our supporters the fingers.

He was a colusses for us, but I don't know if he will make a good scout or not.

I guess only time will tell...But he's got to be better than what we have at present...which is fuck all BTW!

Agreed

(tu)

They must lead sad lives then

I've never forgotten his efforts when we beat Aberdeen at ibrox to win the league on the last day of the season, or when he scored at the Brendanbeau and jumped over the advertising boards or when he lamped that tim who ran onto the park at torbett towers or when he raised over 100k for Yorkhill.

I could go on but you probably get the drift

You don't have to convert me, swally...Bomber was my kind of defender and with a bit of luck, McCoist will get him to teach Whittaker and company how a defender should REALLY do his job, when he isn't out scouting for players.

Yes but look as Celtic for example. They have signed some stinkers from abroad yes but look at there current team just now. Arguably their best 3 players are Kayal, Ki and Izaguirre.

I'd say those 3 combined probably didn't even cost have as much as we payed for Lafferty. The talent is out there if you know what your looking for.

Where as guys like Commons, Ledley and Hooper have been signed from lower league in England and done well...you could sit here all day and give examples but we cant afford to sign duds and i would rather we signed someone who at least knows our game than take a punt on a foreigner.

The thing with scouting is it will takke a while to build up a profile of players or spot players, which Celtic have obvioulsy done. We just need to hope that we have some players lined up!

Where as guys like Commons, Ledley and Hooper have been signed from lower league in England and done well...you could sit here all day and give examples but we cant afford to sign duds and i would rather we signed someone who at least knows our game than take a punt on a foreigner.

The thing with scouting is it will takke a while to build up a profile of players or spot players, which Celtic have obvioulsy done. We just need to hope that we have some players lined up!

But the simple fact is if we limit our scouting to England and Scotland then when we do notice a good player and try to sign him, with our current financial situation Celtic will out bid us a la Ledley/Commons.

Was that not Cammy Fraser?

No mate, Cammy was actually playing for us at the time (rather poorly!).

Broon scored a hat-trick against us at Dens and gave the Bears.....the real Bears who followed through the years of pish, a very prominent 2 fingered gesture.

The glory hunters weren't there to see it, so obviously still kiss his scummy arse.

Have to agree to disagree with you here Bro....

For me its GTF Broon & take yer 2-fingers with ye. :pipe:

Nae probs Mate, I know that still rankles with some Bears and so it should, don't let him forget it ! (tu);) But on the other hand he likes to stick it up them big time and so do we ! :sherlock:

But the simple fact is if we limit our scouting to England and Scotland then when we do notice a good player and try to sign him, with our current financial situation Celtic will out bid us a la Ledley/Commons.

Its pretty obvious at the minute we arent limiting out scouting to just Britian though, we signed Jelavic, had Welcome and those other guys on trial, were trying to get benaloune etc

Im just saying that we would be better to look at signing players from round about us than go on a goose hunt around Europe.

If you look at the core of our team over the past few years they have all came from the SPL or English leagues with the odd player round about them. Right now we need core players to come in and we were unlucky not to get commons who has been a brilliant signing for them!!

Nae probs Mate, I know that still rankles with some Bears and so it should, don't let him forget it ! (tu);) But on the other hand he likes to stick it up them big time and so do we ! :sherlock:

He is to be commended for his tim-bashing capabilities, I'll give him that. (tu)

Still dinnae like the cunt though. :D

Yes but surely there is enough people in and about our club that could do the job Bomber and Murray have been asked to do. I'd just rather we looked further from our shores for talented footballers once in a while.

Totally agree. We need scouts out in the big wide world. We will have a myriad sources in Scotland. Saying that...maybe Bomber is really gifted at spotting a prospect and with today's communications you can still pick up on foreign talent. Does smack as a job for one of the boys though.

Funny though that some thin skins are still offended by him giving the Bears the two fingers all those years ago. Poor dears. rolleyes.gif

No mate, Cammy was actually playing for us at the time (rather poorly!).

Broon scored a hat-trick against us at Dens and gave the Bears.....the real Bears who followed through the years of pish, a very prominent 2 fingered gesture.

The glory hunters weren't there to see it, so obviously still kiss his scummy arse.

(tu)

Its pretty obvious at the minute we arent limiting out scouting to just Britian though, we signed Jelavic, had Welcome and those other guys on trial, were trying to get benaloune etc

Im just saying that we would be better to look at signing players from round about us than go on a goose hunt around Europe.

If you look at the core of our team over the past few years they have all came from the SPL or English leagues with the odd player round about them. Right now we need core players to come in and we were unlucky not to get commons who has been a brilliant signing for them!!

It wouldn't be a wild goose hunt though if we employed good scouts who knew what to look for and where.

Surely it can't be too difficult to find a scout who knows European football and other countries outwith the EU well but also has a good understanding of the British game.

As for Benolouane we didn't exactly "find" him did we? Everybody worth their salt in European football new about him. Jelavic also landed right at our front door pretty much with his performances against Celtic and Aston Villa. Again our scouting goes as far as sky+ goes.

Your right about the core of our team and I agree that it's important the core knows what it all about and has experience in British football but now we are struggling to compete with most lower league English sides we have to open our eyes a bit and look further out to find good players.

Funny though that some thin skins are still offended by him giving the Bears the two fingers all those years ago. Poor dears. rolleyes.gif

Was waiting for this.........:pipe:

Broon wasn't being singled out for any treatment when he did that. Nothing. It came from him, fuck knows why.

For him to suddenly fall in love with Rangers (or more simply, a hefty wage) and be lauded as a hero by people, many of whom are fair weather supporters, did, and indeed still does, stick in the craw of those of us who were there that afternoon, and know deep down that John Brown is not one of us.

That's why Cammy Fraser doesn't warrant the same contempt. He knew where he was, he knew what would be said, and, for a fraction of Broons wage, he did it.

We are not limiting our scouting to the UK. The scouts will be traveling extensively including the Americas, so that doesn't sound like local snooping around to me.

I am not surprised Ally has brought in folk he trusts. Its a big difference from assistant to being in the hot seat and he must have 100% men around him. Bomber and Murray fit that bill.

Good luck to them.