Haye/Vlad is on

Boab

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye will fight IBF and WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko in Germany on either 25 June or 2 July.

On Saturday, Klitschko withdrew from his bout against Britain's Dereck Chisora that was set for 30 April.

And Haye told the BBC that an agreement had been struck on Saturday night: "I finally had a contract in front of me and couldn't wait to put pen to paper.

"It's the fight every boxing fan has to see, and every sports fan."

A protracted recovery from a stomach muscle injury was given as the reason for Klitschko cancelling the Chisora fight.

Haye continued: "The fight will be either June 25 or July 2, either date is fine by me.

"He is ranked by many as the best heavyweight in the world - in front of myself, even though I'm the WBA champion."

On the negotiation process, Haye said: "He wanted all these little things - he's a bit precious, is Wladimir, so I gave him all these little things to make him feel like he'd got a mental edge.

"The terms were right, it's a fair deal - it's a 50-50 split, that's what they wanted and that's what I wanted.

"I'll just make sure the referee can count to 10, then I'm the new unified heavyweight champion of the world.

"Here it is - end of June, beginning of July - let's get ready to rumble."

Haye claimed that he has already begun preparation for the fight.

"I've been training, I've been out in Miami and done two months of hardcore conditioning, ready for the hardcore boxing training," he said.

"I'm firing on all cylinders, I can't wait to get Wladimir in that ring - it's the fight I've wanted for so long."

Negotiations to put on the fight have collapsed on a number of occasions.

In 2009, a back injury forced Haye to withdraw from a fight against Wladimir, and talks stalled last December with the two camps wrangling over the details of the contest.

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9416218.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Its on iiiiitttttssss ooooonnnnnn

Wats the chances off haye gettin "injured" before the fight again

The only reason he done that was because Setanta was about to go bust and he wouldnt have made any money from the fight. Smart move taking the easier fight with Valuev, signing with Sky box office and put himself in a better position to negotiate a good deal with the Klitschko's.

If Haye beats Wladamir, beats Vitali and then retires it will be an absolute masterstroke. Cashing in with easy defences against Ruiz and Harrison then unifying the division before he bows out. Genius.

I want to go to this and I have holidays off work booked but my only problem is that it is the week before T in the park. Could be a pricey couple of weeks all in. I need to get saving!

I want to go to this and I have holidays off work booked but my only problem is that it is the week before T in the park. Could be a pricey couple of weeks all in. I need to get saving!

Go to thomas cook sport, they are gonna be covering it. (tu)