John Fleck

colin

Just wanted to ask all bears if he will ever live up to his reputation when he was head and shoulders above every player in the youth ranks? And if you don't think so what are the reasons

He'll never live up to his reputation/hype.

I do think he will come good. There is a good technical player in him but for whatever reason he's just been disappointing.

Maybe he'll flourish under Ally.

It was literally embarrasing watching that game today and especially fleck but head and shoulders above the rest for pure diabolicalness was Edu. He has no awareness no touch cant pass cant tackle but walter insisnts on playing him. There is no way Wylde or Hutton could do any worse than these two just now if given the chance. Also a fucking 5-3-2 against fuking ST MIRREN. Fucking embarrasment

Im not gonna judge an attacking mid when he is getting played on the left.

I have seen him a few times at attacking mid this season and he has impressed me.

He must show talent in training if he is getting played continuously tho because from his performances on the left he should be nowhere near the team.

Just wanted to ask all bears if he will ever live up to his reputation when he was head and shoulders above every player in the youth ranks? And if you don't think so what are the reasons

It's interesting to see that Weiss rates him very highly....recall him mentioning in his twitter that Fleck & Davis are the most technically gifted (aside from him lol).

Humourous comment no doubt but it does show Fleck to have skill and he was amazing at youth level.

Is it mental?

Who knows?

But for all those citing position, Adam did 10 times better in similar circumstances.

Fleck is on the very verge of being Charlie Miller at best unless something happens, somewhere.

Sandy made a good point in a thread earlier on.

He was probably superior physically compared to the rest of the lads growing up, which gives you a huge edge. As technically now he is miles behind Ness, Hutton & Wylde.

I think he could go on to become a decent player, if and when he gets a run in his preferred position. His disrupted pre-season didn't help his form this season either.

Think it's worth remembering he's still one of the youngest players in the first team, six months younger than Ness, Hutton and Wylde. He still has time to develop.

I like Fleck. When playing behind the striker I love how he shows up well, drops into midfield and plays the ball out wide. Him and Jelavic seem to have a good understanding.

Technically he is decent (although his touch was awful against Celtic) and being played on the left is not helping him.

This (tu)

Personally I think John Fleck will come good for us but perhaps he may need to go out on loan to get a run of games.Guys like James McArthur James McCarthy and Craig Gordon were able to establish themselves easier as they played in teams with less expectation.Edu was our worst player today followed by Fleck but most of our team did not cover themselves in glory.The main thing was we won although we made hard work of it.

I saw him destroy the Celtic youth team a few years ago and thought he was fantastic. Since then he has regressed.

At present his form in the first 11 has been awful.

Will he make it? On present form - no chance. If he realizes his full potential - yes. Which one will it be? Sadly I think he will not make it unless he has a big change in attitude and really works had in training..

If he was played in a formation something like;

.GK

.CB CB

RWB .LWB

.CM CM CM

.Fleck

.ST ST

We would see the best of Fleck IMO (and the team in general, although I don't want to take the thread off topic).

He needs to go to a club like Dundee Utd or Hearts on loan where he will get a game regularly, and also get to play in a fairly decent SPL side.

I dont think sending him to play for someone like St Mirren or the like would do him any good whatsoever.

It was literally embarrasing watching that game today and especially fleck but head and shoulders above the rest for pure diabolicalness was Edu. He has no awareness no touch cant pass cant tackle but walter insisnts on playing him. There is no way Wylde or Hutton could do any worse than these two just now if given the chance. Also a fucking 5-3-2 against fuking ST MIRREN. Fucking embarrasment

I'm sounding a bit like a broken record (that's "scratched CD" for you younger viewers) but here goes.

The 'MAD' squad (MAD Agency) will continue to play him because they need to sell him to make a bit of curdy off him and, by the universal law of averages, he's bound to have a decent game at some time or other and it is THIS game they will use for their DVD of his (ahem) "skills as a footballer" when they try to flog him to some club daft enough to fall for their little scam.

As to young Fleck - the boy is wasted in the head.

His only salvation is to move away from his "pals" up Saracen Street way.