Following on from 8 March summit - an update on RangersMedia's stance

J_RFC87

I really think it's time for a private members only section of RM, in order to maintain freedom of speech without fear of prosecution!

Agree with this, could all members not submit their Rangers number and RM verify it with the TO.

It's a bad day when it's come to this just cause of the offended :(

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No threats and no sectarian language should be no problem for those who use RM as a football forum and source of news on their team. Anyone who has a problem sticking by those simple rules won't be missed IMO

It's not about that though. It's about having the freedom to say as you wish without worrying about stupid as fuck consequences.

Like i'm not a sectarian person and rarely ever come out with anything sectarian. Even in the cases were I may come out with it, it's usually only a joke or a heat of a moment thing.

Is every person that says a heat of the moment thing in a match thread going to get banned?

So does this work the other way ?

If posters on kerryfail st or talkceltic continue to spout their bile , will the police be looking into this ?

Somehow I feel we are being the " accused " once again

If we sort our house out, we have nothing to hide and can then ask for the other side to be taken to task - until then, we have no voice.

It's defo time for a private members section. IMO make the bd private

Admin can vet members or as someone has already posted a '500+ post members club'

Hopefully admin change their view on the private section idea as I know they seem to be against the thought in principal

It's not about that though. It's about having the freedom to say as you wish without worrying about stupid as fuck consequences.

Like i'm not a sectarian person and rarely ever come out with anything sectarian. Even in the cases were I may come out with it, it's usually only a joke or a heat of a moment thing.

Is every person that says a heat of the moment thing in a match thread going to get banned?

We can still give opinions, talk football, hate Celtic if thats your thing. The rules only preclude sectarian and threatening comments and if thats beyond some then no loss. Its not illegal so say you cant stand Celtic so long as you frame it in language that isn't illegal. And 'heat of the moment' can hardly apply on a forum where you have to sit and type your thoughts on a keyboard which has a delete key, it cant just slip out!

This.

I keep telling people that 'sectarianism' towards everything/one to do with the dark side is just top banter. Sectarianism no doubt exists away from football but football banter knows no boundaries and I love that about the game, even if it is towards me and my club. If everyone just accepted that, we'd all be much better off.

Also, if Scotland was just a county in Britain, this thread would not exist.

We are nearly at the stage where legal advice will be sought by posters. This is a football fan site, it has was is euphemistically called the language of the terraces. I would hazard a guess that I have not said anything sectarian, but is there a rule about what can and cannot be said as regards them?

So does this work the other way ?

If posters on kerryfail st or talkceltic continue to spout their bile , will the police be looking into this ?

Somehow I feel we are being the " accused " once again

Was rather curious about that as well. :sherlock:

Does this mean we wont have the freedom to write whatever we like on RM anymore? Will our post be removed if deemed sectarian, abusive etc...

You wish death upon fellow Rangers fans, I'm surprised you're still on RangersMedia if I'm honest.

I can quite confidently predict this whole campaign of 'intolerance of intolerance' by the police and the powers that be is going to come back and bite them on the arse when people get pissed off enough to do something about it.

prohibition will only make things more dangerous. poke a dog with a stick enough times and it will bite.

Will your anchor hold in the storms of life,

When the clouds unfold their wings of strife?

When the strong tides lift and the cables strain,

Will your anchor drift, or firm remain?

Refrain

We have an anchor that keeps the soul

Steadfast and sure while the billows roll,

Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,

Grounded firm and deep in the Savior’s love.

It is safely moored, ’twill the storm withstand,

For ’tis well secured by the Savior’s hand;

And the cables, passed from His heart to mine,

Can defy that blast, thro’ strength divine.

Refrain

It will surely hold in the Straits of Fear—

When the breakers have told that the reef is near;

Though the tempest rave and the wild winds blow,

Not an angry wave shall our bark o’erflow.

Refrain

It will firmly hold in the Floods of Death—-

When the waters cold chill our latest breath,

On the rising tide it can never fail,

While our hopes abide within the Veil.

Refrain

When our eyes behold through the gath’ring night

The city of gold, our harbor bright,

We shall anchor fast by the heav’nly shore,

With the storms all past forevermore.

Refrain

:sherlock:

tbh, not much is going to change.

Apart from some of our fellow bears thinking before speaking on occasion?

Sometimes I feel this 'Freedom of Speech' is just used as a haze to cover up the need for certain comments