Tony Vidmar

TheMenace72

I thought he was shite, but I underrated him.

I remember waiting in the queue outside Ibrox for Parma tickets and I was ripping him. The guy in front of me was finding it a bit funny and gave it the old 'you won't be saying that if he scores' lines. I explained to him that there was NO chance of this happening.

:anguish:

he was signed in the 97/98 season by smith and as usual was played out of position and did nothing that season until the following season when dick advocaat arrived and looked pretty decent player but was always second to arthur numan .

Hi lads, first post here sp go easy on me! Imo vidmar wasnt a great player, but decent. He look average in what was a very talented rangers side, but stick him in with our current crop and he'd look like a world beater! Like i said, decent enough, reliable, forever foundly thought of after THAT goal against parma. Took ages for the roof to come back down, incredible night.

Big strong versatile full back left and right, didnt mind him at all, i was in the Broomloan Rear when he scored against Parma!

:)

I was inthe Highlander in Puerto rico what a good night that was. :beer1:

Agree with what you said about him there (tu)

Decent big player, better than 99% we have had since. Just he seemed a little lanky and cumbersome after the likes of David Robertson.

I was in the Main stand the night we beat Parma. Only made arrangements to travel the night before, and paid £200 for my best mate to come with me who was broke at the time. Well worth it... my best night at Ibrox by a long way :)

he was signed in the 97/98 season by smith and as usual was played out of position and did nothing that season until the following season when dick advocaat arrived and looked pretty decent player but was always second to arthur numan .

was it not wee dick who signed him?