Davis

JamieD

Is a completely different beast with the captain's armband on. Anonymous in the first half, flashes of his best in the second.

As far as I'm concerned, WHEN (please when not if) Weir calls it a day, Davis getting the captaincy solves both the captain problem and the Davis loss of form problem.

I can't see the criticisms for the first half, I thought he had a good game.

More so given that he was doing the work of two men.

I don't think he was terrible in the first, just ineffective, because he was playing with Edu who gave arguably his worst performance in a Rangers shirt, which is saying something.

On the other hand in the second half, when he got the armband, he constantly drove the team forward, constantly closed the opposition down, and pretty much showed an energy and urgency that he has lacked all season. The same was true when Weir went off against Sporting.

He was shite, end of, armband or not, sits miles too deep to have any influence on the game,whether he is told to sit there or not is a different matter,by the way did I mention he was shite and has been for a considerable time.

he is just another player who suffers due to smiths negativity.

the loss of form of so many players at 1 time is due to smith and smith alone.

his tactics are damaging the players ability and mentallity.

if he dosnt stop the 5-4-1 our season is finished imho

He was shite, end of, armband or not, sits miles too deep to have any influence on the game,whether he is told to sit there or not is a different matter,by the way did I mention he was shite and has been for a considerable time.

Apparently you watched a different second half to me.

Davis is not helped by the fact he has a Central Midfield partner who can't pass the ball 5 yards. Ness should be played in their with him. Both can compliment each other. Edu just bombs forward like a headless chicken leaving Davis having to sit deep ... And we cant allow Edu to sit cause he cant challenge anyone!

He needs a midfielder who can get in opponents faces and get stuck in so that Davis has space to dictate the tempo of play. Whether that is Ness or Hutton I dont know, maybe even both. One thing is for sure though, Edu and McCulloch are not the answers.

The whole team were pish in the first half, second half though he played well.

Davis has been turning in better performances over the last few weeks now, but he isn't helped by always having to cover and sweep up mistake by Maurice Edu. Get Kyle Hutton in beside him ASAP!

He needs a midfielder who can get in opponents faces and get stuck in so that Davis has space to dictate the tempo of play. Whether that is Ness or Hutton I dont know, maybe even both. One thing is for sure though, Edu and McCulloch are not the answers.

McCulloch might be one possible answer if he played in a three man midfield with Ness and Davis either side. But that would never happen under Smith in a million years.

McCulloch might be one possible answer if he played in a three man midfield with Ness and Davis either side. But that would never happen under Smith in a million years.

Suppose he could be, I would also like to see a middle 3 but with Hutton, Davis and Ness, under Smith though, it would just become another defensive 4-5-1 as we would never press the ball and our wingers would be camped in their own half for most of the game. Unfortunatley, until Smith goes, we wont see offensive football the way we want. The question is will Ally copy the only way he knows and has learned under Smith or build his own brand of football for Rangers ?

I must have been watching a different game as he was poor from start to finish.

I take it the blinkers were on when he played slack passes, poor attempts at through balls and his loss of slack possession on two occasions that nearly resulted in a goal for PSV? I'm sure that was Edu's fault since it's been his fault Davis has been awful all season.

Going by the comments Edu was also to blame for Davis playing poorly when sidelined with an injury? :rolleyes:

As for him being Rangers captain, I hope not, sooner he leaves the better as he's been the most overrated player in the SPL for a long while, which says something when McGeady was here.

When is the myth that Davis is much better in the middle of the park going to go away? Another poor performance like Sunday whilst playing in the CM role, I honestly can't remember him playing well in the middle for a long long time.

Davis form the last couple of seasons has been way over-hyped and his general play was not shown up because he had much better players carrying him in Bazza, Thomson and Mendes.

Any money given for him this summer would be a real plus as then we could get a genuine creative midfielder in.

Pretty much as I saw it

Folks on here have said he was good to outstanding and even exceptional,makes you wonder what Messi,Iniesta or Xavi are. different strokes for different folks I guess.

I thought he was really poor along with the usual suspects.

its no coincedence these players only start to play once the formation is changed to a more attacking formation. and are not comfortable playing as defensively as walter wants them to be and i hate to sound pessimistic but if we play so defesively on sunday we wont get much joy against the t*rriers once again.lets play an attacking formation and try and win the cup ffs walter its about time.lets get right in their faces,fight and scrap for every ball and most of all play with 2 wide men and 2 strikers and see how we get on cant be any worse than the previous scum games.heres hoping w.a.t.p :crabflute: