Big Lee's return.

PaulRFC1

We proved on Sunday that you don't need a midfield destroyer (or whatever silly moniker is attributed to McCulloch) to beat Celtic

Ness and Davis is the future. Lightweight they may be, but Ledley and Kayal aren't exactly hardmen

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye ok :lol:

Amazing analysis of him mate, runs around watching opposition and gets booked all the time.

Funny how anytime somebody talks about Lee's faults they always mention he gets booked all the time but nobody ever seems to mention Naismith or Bougherra who IMO are worse for it.

Lets put it this way, who am I going to go with ? Walter Smith and the squad he plays with or someone who has an agenda against the guy ?

What about his ability to pass a ball and retain possession ? what about his bite in the midfield and someone who isn't going to pull out of any 50/50s ? what about his ability to protect the backline ?

How come Davis and Weir have suddenly played alot worse since Lee has been injured ? how come our defense has been alot more shaky and conceding easier without him ?

Agenda? Because I don't rate him as a footballer?

You can go with whoever you fucking like, but if you think Weir and Davis have only been poor because McCulloch isn't there to cover for them, you're either clueless or just a wee fanboy. They have been off form all season, but I'm not going to be churlish and say that is down to McCulloch playing in the same team!

Look at the midfield four Sandy WATP posted and tell us where McCulloch fits in to that.

Aye ok :lol:

Amazing analysis of him mate, runs around watching opposition and gets booked all the time.

Funny how anytime somebody talks about Lee's faults they always mention he gets booked all the time but nobody ever seems to mention Naismith or Bougherra who IMO are worse for it.

Lets put it this way, who am I going to go with ? Walter Smith and the squad he plays with or someone who has an agenda against the guy ?

What about his ability to pass a ball and retain possession ? what about his bite in the midfield and someone who isn't going to pull out of any 50/50s ? what about his ability to protect the backline ?

How come Davis and Weir have suddenly played alot worse since Lee has been injured ? how come our defense has been alot more shaky and conceding easier without him ?

Nothing to do with Lee McCulloch but everything to do with our cautious manager.

Agenda? Because I don't rate him as a footballer?

You can go with whoever you fucking like, but if you think Weir and Davis have only been poor because McCulloch isn't there to cover for them, you're either clueless or just a wee fanboy. They have been off form all season, but I'm not going to be churlish and say that is down to McCulloch playing in the same team!

Look at the midfield four Sandy WATP posted and tell us where McCulloch fits in to that.

Tbf I actually think your the one who is clueless if you think the only thing he does is run around and get booked.

I think it has been a big factor in their poor form.

I have agreed with Sandy on that midfield if you looked up a bit.

Im sorry im delighted that we have got one of our key players back for the title run in when our squad is depleted.

He is a scapegoat on here for no reason and constantly criticized even when he plays well.

Nothing to do with Lee McCulloch but everything to do with our cautious manager.

Its all about opinions and for me I would say Weir has missed McCullochs cover and protecting of the backline big time and Davis has missed an actual partner in midfield.

Its all about opinions and for me I would say Weir has missed McCullochs cover and protecting of the backline big time and Davis has missed an actual partner in midfield.

A good defender shouldnt need players covering or protecting him Paul. 4-5-1, 5-4-1 is a bigger problem to our better players than missing Big Lee.

(tu)

Guest SandyWATP

Sorry, but no thanks. We'd be overpowered and outmuscled with that midfield. A midfield with an average height of 5ft 2 would lead to disaster at set pieces.

Every team needs at least one dirty c*nt in midfield.

In the SPL we'd get away with it, comfortably.

Spain's Euro 2008 team showed this. The other team wouldn't get close to our players.

Sorry, in post final winning euphoria I'd be a hypocrite to re-evaluate missing players.

McCulloch was rank in the early half of the season.

An injury does not make him better but it does (on here) make the adage 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' true.

I saw far too many woeful performances from him to now herald him as a some sort of lost warrior.

Back to reality...he's good cover to have...maybe better than Edu.

That's all.

To think I was one of the few not ready to lynch him early season... :anguish:

oh just great . i cant even enjoy the cup final win for more than a few days before this dampener is put on my celebrations .

im sick off the sight of this guy . and the worst thing is that even if he is 75% fit and completely undeserving of a place back in the side he will start regardless . if he and ness are fit and mcclugger is in the side , he is doing rangers a huge disservice .

oh , and the thought of him being a regular ( and if all my nightmares come true , our captain ) next season makes me want to greet .

A long injury layoff hasn't clouded my judgement on McCulloch. He's been awful all season but i guess offers marginally more than Edu at this moment in time.

to be fair my granny could offer more than edu has been recently, and she's been dead for years

edu i think is a mental issue, he is probably thinking always about avoiding injury at all costs, so his game goes out the window

to be fair my granny could offer more than edu has been recently, and she's been dead for years

edu i think is a mental issue, he is probably thinking always about avoiding injury at all costs, so his game goes out the window

Or thinking about his next touch being booed by our fantastic fans.