Big Lee's return.

PaulRFC1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of Lee McCulloch but I would have him in CM ahead of Edu any day of the week. At least McCulloch will put his foot in. However when he is fit again he shoulkd not be an automativ first choice. Davis is the main CM and it should be Ness/Hutton or McCulloch beside him.

I just hope we don't see this when he comes back; Davis-Edu-McCulloch-Naismith

Big Jig will be a great sub with Edu and young kyle.

Thought the way Naisy and Big Lafferty played up with Jelavic was superb they hadnt a clue how to defend against us. KEEP THAT FORMATION.

Naisy Davis Ness Wylde

Lafferty Jelavic

Give them THE FEAR!!!!

Not good news for me; I do not rate him as player, especially not as a holding or defensive midfielder.I do not think he has the intelligence,awareness or decision making ability for that role.If you want someone who runs around backs off and rarely gets close to opposition player or the ball and when he does is prone to giving away free kicks then he is your man.

Certainly not the first or the last player to become more highly rated while out injured.

I remember at the beginning of last season when Lafferty was banned/injured he was going to be our saviour up front since Boyd and Miller were misfiring, according to many on here. :pipe:

Certainly not the first or the last player to become more highly rated while out injured.

I remember at the beginning of last season when Lafferty was banned/injured he was going to be our saviour up front since Boyd and Miller were misfiring, according to many on here. :pipe:

Ventured onto FF recently and in some thread about our best XI, about 70% of people had Broadfoot in it

If that's not proof of the 'better the longer you're out injured' mentality, i dunno what is

Aye ok :lol:

Amazing analysis of him mate, runs around watching opposition and gets booked all the time.

Funny how anytime somebody talks about Lee's faults they always mention he gets booked all the time but nobody ever seems to mention Naismith or Bougherra who IMO are worse for it.

Lets put it this way, who am I going to go with ? Walter Smith and the squad he plays with or someone who has an agenda against the guy ?

What about his ability to pass a ball and retain possession ? what about his bite in the midfield and someone who isn't going to pull out of any 50/50s ? what about his ability to protect the backline ?

How come Davis and Weir have suddenly played alot worse since Lee has been injured ? how come our defense has been alot more shaky and conceding easier without him ?

At least someones judgement isnt comprimised by what they hear down the pub :D.

Think i'll go with Davis's assesment that Jig was on for Player of the season ( 2nd time davis has said this in 2 years) rather than what someone in the stand who most likely can't see the game from a decent angle and due to their intoxication i'll go with my own sober judgement as well :)

At least someones judgement isnt comprimised by what they hear down the pub :D.

Think i'll go with Davis's assesment that Jig was on for Player of the season ( 2nd time davis has said this in 2 years) rather than what someone in the stand who most likely can't see the game from a decent angle and due to their intoxication i'll go with my own sober judgement as well :)

Where do you view the games from?

Where do you view the games from?

Occassionally from the away stands at other grounds in Scotland and from the multiple angles from the Tv stations that broadcast the game to my livingroom :) , , i've found that when im in the stands you tend to follow the ball the best you but it can be difficult depending on seating position of course but i recall the time at Mcdairmid when Sasa scored a late goal to clinch the 2-1 win i had no fucking clue who had scored or if it was even in ( based on the other stands i assumed it was a goal, and i was sober ;) ) so sometimes its harder IMO to judge a performance from inside the stadium (OBV some positions give a good view) add in the fact that alcohol clouds peoples judgement and the fact that a fair few fans enjoy a tipple on the road or before a game can come into as well .

Occassionally from the away stands at other grounds in Scotland and from the multiple angles from the Tv stations that broadcast the game to my livingroom :) , , i've found that when im in the stands you tend to follow the ball the best you but it can be difficult depending on seating position of course but i recall the time at Mcdairmid when Sasa scored a late goal to clinch the 2-1 win i had no fucking clue who had scored or if it was even in ( based on the other stands i assumed it was a goal, and i was sober ;) ) so sometimes its harder IMO to judge a performance from inside the stadium (OBV some positions give a good view) add in the fact that alcohol clouds peoples judgement and the fact that a fair few fans enjoy a tipple on the road or before a game can come into as well .

So basically, it's mostly from watching games on the telly. Fuck knows why managers bother to go and watch games involving future opposition, they should just come round to your place! :P

Thanks for replying.

I don't think we have missed him. Had he been fit, we would have seen the trio of Davis, Edu and McCulloch, which is awful.

Certainly didn't miss him on Sunday - people only use the 'we missed McCulloch' excuse when we draw or lose.