48 Hours...

Del

i thought there was a mythical friday press conference where craig whyte was going to produce his magic beans.....

The Establishment believes the news will be relayed to us in about...48hours.

:sherlock:

Rangers 48 hours away from takover by Andrew Ellis

Mar 7 2010 Gordon Waddell, Sunday Mail

PROPERTY developer Andrew Ellis could move a huge step closer to becoming the new owner of Rangers within the next 48 hours.

The former QPR director is spearheading a £33million takeover bid of the club.

And MailSport understands the 41-year-old is the real deal after passing the litmus test Sir David Murray vowed to run over any buyer.

The former chairman, selling up after 21 years at the helm, has always insisted he would never pass the Ibrox institution into the hands of anyone he felt wasn't right to run it.

However, we believe Ellis has satisfied Murray and the Lloyds Banking group with his outline proposals over the past few weeks.

Which means that not only is the cash there to buy the bulk of Murray's majority shareholding - the steel magnate will keep a minor stake - and deal with the debt due to Lloyds, but that there's investment planned to follow the takeover.

Ellis' bid for the club has been bubbling under the surface since the turn of the year, with other nibbles coming from a Far East consortium.

Speculation was also rife that the release of details of the London mortgage consultant's involvement could flush out a higher bid from South African investor Dave King.

Again, though, MailSport believes Ellis' bid all but rules out the chance of that happening, with Murray sceptical about King's attempt to low-ball the club with his initial attempt.

Stock exchange rules forbid any of the parties speaking on the subject and last night Rangers issued a statement simply acknowledging that the club's majority shareholder is considering his options.

It said: "The Board of Directors of the Rangers Football Club plc is aware of the recent takeover speculation in the media and refers shareholders to a previous statement issued in October 2009.

"The club's board has ben advised by its principal shareholder, Murray International Holdings Limited, that it is considering options regarding its shareholding in the club and this may or may not lead to MIH disposing of some or all of its stake in the club to a third party.

The directors of the club will keep shareholders advised of key developments but the board is unable to comment further at this time."

Is from a decent source or are we clinging to the " if its not completed by next friday then it will be completed within a fortnight" quote from "a source close to the deal"

The latter, i read it in an article by a sports company, i cant remember their name, it wasnt a rhag though.

<cr>

That would be hilarious, or maybe not, tims would think it was a wind up, April 1st, Rangers Takeover complete, unless it was a wind up then its not so funny!

:lol:

Im just saying what was posted on here the other day.

(tu)

If this happened this place will go into meltdown but I wont put it past the media tbh. I for one will be looking out for it.