Big Bad Rangers fans at it again ?

BLUEDIGNITY

Went the same way as the dinosaurs (tu)

It's still there. The media hype this up in the hope that the gullible buy into it. Twenty thousand sang all day last Sunday, without censoring anything. How many got ejected/arrested for doing so?

Keep singing, and let them keep moaning.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: What an absolute load of shite.

As much as the guy is an absolute piece of shit, I wouldn't mind a Paul Mcbride type character standing up for us in the media.

Obviously not him, just someone who would stand up and be counted. The club just washes its hands of it every time something like this pops up.

One word

“SOUNESS"

cheers

here is a thought-in all the songs they moan about-whwre do we actually say "catholic"?

Biilyboys=fenian=mixed religous brotherhood against British rule-so are the RC church backing the fenian brotherhood?and if so why dont we remove their churches from our country?

you wouldn't allow a terrorist cell would you?-ok my point is a bit extrme but you get the gist

lets just suppose the SPL was to issue a statement sayig that they are against sectarianism etc etc and will promote anti sectarian issues BUT NO team will be docked points or fined

would they still be so keen(rc church and taigs)

I have a real problem with the Church of Scotland in times like this.

When the Catholic Church were actively trying to get Dallas sacked, why weren't they coming out and highlighting Zander Diamond and his wee Aberdeen pal for talking about running Protestants over.

It seems the dignified silence doesn't start and stop with Rangers.

Church to send Old Firm film to police

Published on 26 Mar 2011

MARTIN WILLIAMS

AN Old Firm row has erupted after it emerged the Catholic Church in Scotland is to study all footage of last week’s League Cup final to provide evidence to police of anti-Catholic songs sung by Rangers fans.

The move follows complaints that Sunday’s showpiece final at Hampden Park in Glasgow was marred by sectarian chanting, despite renewed pleas from senior politicians, police and Celtic and Rangers for an end to bigotry.

The Church is collecting information after being told action should be taken to ban the fans responsible.

Although Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill described the match, which Rangers won 2-1, as the “final everyone wanted to see” and a “great advert for Scottish football” allegations were made of Rangers fans singing banned sectarian songs.

Mr MacAskill said last night any evidence of crime should be submitted to Strathclyde Police. However, the force insisted widespread arrests were not the solution.

Catholic Church spokesman Peter Kearney said there was particular concern about Mr MacAskill’s comments and Strathclyde Chief Constable Steve House’s own glowing praise of fans’ behaviour, while Rangers fans were singing songs described as offensive.

Mr Kearney added: “We have had quite a lot of messages and emails from people who on the one hand are concerned at the singing and the tone and the lyrics, but more so on the Justice Minister’s comments.

“We are receiving and accepting the reports, many of which are detailed, and we will look through them and we will be willing to act accordingly. The right port of call for complaints of this nature would be the police and I imagine a lot of the people who are compiling or providing information to us will probably be giving it to the police anyway.

“The point is, if people are displaying open, anti-Catholic hostility, that is a matter we are rightly able to comment on. Was it appropriate for Mr MacAskill to give a glow-ing and universal compliment of everyone’s behaviour?”

Police and Government chiefs had been on high alert for the final after an ill-tempered Scottish Cup tie that Celtic won 1-0 on March 2.

There were 34 fans arrested in the ground, three sendings-off and a touchline clash between Celtic manager Neil Lennon and Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist. First Minister Alex Salmond later convened a summit that resulted in a series of measures being suggested, including the possibility of arresting players on the pitch if their behaviour boils over.

A spokesman for Mr MacAskill said: “This sort of unacceptable conduct is exactly why we established the Joint Action Group at the summit, and tackling sectarian chanting is one of the specific issues being addressed.

“Sectarian chanting is totally unacceptable and indeed illegal. We support the strongest possible action to deal with it. Any evidence should be submitted to the police.”

Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said it was wrong for the Church to single them out for criticism and was surprised by the Church’s stance.

He said: “I am surprised this is coming from the Church. I would have thought they would be wanting to work with the groups to see if there are ways of dealing with this if there is a perception of ongoing problems.

“I am clear there are still examples of songs being sung that we would rather not hear, and that applies across both clubs. If there was a way to switch it off, it would be great.

“I don’t think for one minute we are the only fans who fall below the standards expected.”

Joe O’Rourke, general secretary of the Celtic Supporters Association, has also written to Mr MacAskill complaining that at the cup final he was “subjected to 120 minutes of racist, sectarian singing from the fans of Glasgow Rangers.”

A Strathclyde Police spokesman said: “We do and will continue to robustly police any sectarian activity reported to us. We acknowledge there is still much to be done, however this is not a problem that will be fixed by arresting our way through it.

“We are working with the Government and other partners on the joint action group to find real and long-lasting solution to the problem of sectarianism.”

A Rangers spokesman said: “We oppose all forms of sectarian behaviour by supporters of all clubs wherever it is displayed.”

:sherlock:

Please tell me this is a fucking wind up.

Where is the church of England in all this when their Supreme Governor is being degraded for 120mins in such a way?

maybe they have a life.

or maybe they actually live by the teachings of their good book

You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

—Matthew 5:38-42, NIV

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

—Luke 6:27-31. NIV

If you are a true christian Mr Kearney forgive us.

What is a mere slap on the wrist by a man made law to the eternal damnation of hell.

That is if you believe that and you dont suspect that your church is just world wide scam to control the masses keep them poor and not ask questions about the digusting wealth of the vatican.

Maybe when they send the film to the polis it will be allocated to that cop who was fined for singing ira songs last week

Ita a society problem and it's a result of separating kids from the age of 5 onwards

But if you preach integration you are a bigot

Only in Scotland

no pope of rome is an aspirational song.

its about utopia.

i cant see the problem with it.

The pope is a fucking peado and so is all his disciples, how this cunt hasn't been brought to justice is beyond me. And yet the tax payers money for the cunt to come to Britain and be portrayed a martyr is beyond belief.