Big Bad Rangers fans at it again ?

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is hyprocracy in the extreme from an organisation who is guilty of some of the most heineious crimes against its own community,we need to stand strong against such a powerful force and encourage our leaders to support us.....WATP

Guest Andypendek

Finding this at half five today, that makes two stories concerning the Catholic church in the news today.

This was the second.

The first was the payout of around $100m to victims of child abuse in north-east (I think) USA.

I wonder if there's any sort of plan someone could come up with, maybe someone in a media related role, that might keep one story out of the headlines and another one quite high up, maybe on a front page or something.

Fuck them and the police, cunt's came up to me and my mates today saying we were being secterian and threatening to take us to the cell's one by one. My mate challenged them by saying well what about all of us because you can't just pick out one person and leave everyone else and he just said don't do it again and walked away.

Where are the Church of Scotland in all this ? :sherlock:

Where has the Church of Scotland been in the last decade.......longer even. It used to be that any kind of social issue on the news the COS would comment, now they go to Bishop whoever to get a point of view.

Finding this at half five today, that makes two stories concerning the Catholic church in the news today.

This was the second.

The first was the payout of around $100m to victims of child abuse in north-east (I think) USA.

I wonder if there's any sort of plan someone could come up with, maybe someone in a media related role, that might keep one story out of the headlines and another one quite high up, maybe on a front page or something.

Any other city in the world Andy there would only be one story. This country is going to pot.

I'm glad Andy Kerr has stood up to be counted. What has a football match got to do with religion our own PC mob cry out. Well what has the church got to do with a football match. We know that TBB rightly or wrongly has been deemed sectarian (to me they only get offended when they lose), what else are they objecting too? Maybe it's time for us to draw up a list of their chants/songs, that are equaliy offensive and we can all sit nice and quiet and listen to the players shout to each other on the pitch :rolleyes: In the long run the PC brigade will take any rivalry out of the game and kill the game all together.

well said mate

Finding this at half five today, that makes two stories concerning the Catholic church in the news today. This was the second.

This was the other story, not even the rid indians were safe from this mhob ? :sherlock:

25 March 2011 Last updated at 20:59 Share this pageFacebookTwitter ShareEmail Print US Jesuits agree to school sex abuse pay-outs

Priests suspended in abuse probe

An order of US Catholic priests has agreed to pay $166.1m (£103.3m) to hundreds of Native Americans sexually abused by priests at its schools.

The former students at Jesuit schools in five states of the north-western US said they were abused from the 1940s through the 1990s.

Under a settlement, the Society of Jesus, Oregon Province, will also apologise to the victims.

The order had argued paying out abuse claims would cause it to go bankrupt.

"It's a day of reckoning and justice," Clarita Vargas, who said she and two sisters were abused by a priest at a Jesuit-run school for Native American children in the state of Washington, told the Associated Press.

"My spirit was wounded, and this makes it feel better."

The province ran schools in the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington.

Most of the alleged victims were Native American. Much of the alleged abuse occurred on Native reservations and in remote villages, where the order was accused of dumping problem priests.

"No amount of money can bring back a lost childhood, a destroyed culture or a shattered faith," lawyer Blaine Tamaki, who represented about 90 victims in the case, said in a statement.

The pay-out is one of the largest to date in a series of sex abuse scandals involving the Catholic Church.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12868046

Where has the Church of Scotland been in the last decade.......longer even. It used to be that any kind of social issue on the news the COS would comment, now they go to Bishop whoever to get a point of view.

It's longer even as you say, once the most powerful in the land now capitulating easy to an evil power hungry organisation. Sad that they severed the relationship they had with Rangers FC as you say long ago. :sherlock:

It's longer even as you say, once the most powerful in the land now capitulating easy to an evil power hungry organisation. Sad that they severed the relationship they had with Rangers FC as you say long ago. :sherlock:

They're all in hiding.

Didn't you know it's a crime to be a Protestant these days?

Good luck because unless you do start playing them at their own game their may not be a club to support and sing about but hey each to their own.

I will be blunt about this because it's you Casey. I have no beef with you and plenty other guys on this site but whether you agree with me or not it is this No Surrender attitude that is going to be our downfall.

No Surrender to me means being clever in our defiance.By all means keep singing but as a support we have to do much much more than just continue to sing our songs.

What exactly are you doing for our support?