Craig Whyte promises more money for Rangers team

ogbg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So he has 780million worth of assets just now. Considering we are in a recession that is pretty good.

Im pretty sure david murrays fortune went from like 700 odd million to about 100 odd million when the credit crunch hit so i wonder how much of a hit whyte took. Assests could be well over a billion if the economy etc picks up.

I think his personal wealth would probably be around 200-300 million if he has assets worth 780 million.

i couldnt really say. its just something i read.

i couldnt really say. its just something i read.

Dont think it will be far away from that figure. It must have been well over a billion before the economic downturn.

Isnt craig whytes business to turn around struggling businesses ? He could make a fucking mint out of this recession :sherlock:

Ah right you mean he's actually said nothing and the Beeb are making it up.

Seems a bit of a strange story to make up though.

If the story was legit, irrefutable or provable we wouldnt be reading or hearing about "sources close to........."; we'd be getting names.

Rangers suddenly having money is a big story. Plenty of Rangers fans who dont buy papers regularly will start just to be part of the hysteria surrounding Rangers transfer dealings.

Print media is going out of business and so are most news outlets. They have survival as a reason to "make stuff up".

The reason he is worth so muh is because he DOES argue over every deal.

The old saying 'look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves' always comes to mind during these negotiations

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3517855/Whyte-plans-8m-splash.html

NEW Rangers boss Ally McCoist will be handed a first-year £8million transfer kitty from Craig Whyte.

SunSport understands the Ibrox chief will be given an extra £3m on top of the £5m he has already been promised for next season.

The news will come as a boost to fans who are desperate for billionaire Whyte to take over the cash-strapped club. It was thought Whyte would have been the new owner today but talks are still dragging on.

Sources close to Whyte insist he will snap up the club once the deal is right.

He said: "We want to get the right deal for Rangers FC. We want the right deal for the manager, players and the right deal for the Rangers fans. This is why we are taking our time to make sure as much cash goes into the club.

"This has been our goal throughout this.

"Whyte will not be pushed into a deal which will not benefit Rangers in the end."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3517855/Whyte-plans-8m-splash.html#ixzz1IyUR1AsT

And if we sell McGregor for £7m and Coisty gets to see some of that money we have the funds to strenthen the whole team by signing quality players with good sell on value.

But Whyte has to take over first.