Tomorrow's disciplinary hearing

Muff

Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist, defender Madjid Bougherra and forward El-Hadji Diouf will learn on Tuesday what punishment they face for their part in last month's volatile Scottish Cup fifth-round loss at Celtic.

The Scottish Football Association's disciplinary committee will convene and discuss the events of the March 2 match, which resulted in Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond hosting a summit at the request of Strathclyde Police.

McCoist and Celtic manager Neil Lennon were on March 10 charged with misconduct after a touchline scuffle between the pair at the final whistle of the fixture at Parkhead.

Rangers appealed against McCoist's two-match ban, while Lennon was already the subject of a four-match ban and the charge triggered an additional four-match suspension.

However, the SFA later conceded Lennon's ban would run concurrently, rather than consecutively, following a legal challenge by Celtic, and the Bhoys boss will return to the dugout tomorrow night at St Johnstone after completing his touchline suspension on Saturday.

McCoist, whose appeal allowed him to be on the touchline for the Co-operative Insurance Cup final defeat of Celtic, will now learn his fate tomorrow, with the prospect the ban could be upheld, reduced or increased.

Bougherra and Diouf face charges of "misconduct of a significantly serious nature" and any ban would hamper Rangers' title challenge, with Walter Smith's men two points behind Celtic with six games remaining.

Algeria international defender Bougherra, currently out with a hamstring problem, was one of two Rangers players sent off in the game, while on-loan Blackburn forward Diouf followed after the final whistle.

Bougherra was shown a second yellow card in stoppage time and reacted angrily, appearing to try to prevent referee Calum Murray from showing his cards.

Lennon and Diouf took part in a running feud throughout the match, which the Celtic boss says began when the Senegal international blocked the Bhoys physio when he ran on to the pitch to treat an injured player.

That incident led to a touchline confrontation which saw Diouf booked, and he was shown a second yellow card by Murray for dissent after the final whistle.

Match bans for both Diouf and Bougherra - I wouldn't be surprised!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will miss games this season. I expect them to both get a one or two match ban - meaning they miss St. Mirren and/or Dundee United, and I doubt we would appeal in case it meant missing the bheggars game.

I've got to say Lennon/celtic have played a blinder on this one, (consecutively/concurrently & not appealing the 2nd ban)

It's looking like it's gona hurt US alot more than it already has hurt THEM

It wouldn't surprise me if all 3 of us are banned until next season

Can they ban the players (not ally as he's management, they are punished differently anyway) for spl games considering it was the Scottish cup?

If they do appeal I bet you it's another of they super fast hearings the sfa have been known to hold when rangers are involved.

did it not take them about half an hour to throw out an appeal from us a couple of seasons ago?

according to benchpress on RR tonight, he says that according to previous incidents, if bopth receive punishment tomorrow they will only miss the next scottish cup ties they play

but also after contacting the SFA (guys a cunt) the SFA have admitted they cannot actually work out if the players will be banned for any games or scottish cup games, and if the players are banned for league games, that rangers can effectively challenge this and win because theres nothing in the SFA rules that say their punishments SHOULD be for league games

fucking SFA are a nightmare

I've got to say Lennon/celtic have played a blinder on this one, (consecutively/concurrently & not appealing the 2nd ban)

It's looking like it's gona hurt US alot more than it already has hurt THEM

It wouldn't surprise me if all 3 of us are banned until next season

Can they ban the players (not ally as he's management, they are punished differently anyway) for spl games considering it was the Scottish cup?

All competitions, meaning they would miss games this season.

according to benchpress on RR tonight, he says that according to previous incidents, if bopth receive punishment tomorrow they will only miss the next scottish cup ties they play

but also after contacting the SFA (guys a cunt) the SFA have admitted they cannot actually work out if the players will be banned for any games or scottish cup games, and if the players are banned for league games, that rangers can effectively challenge this and win because theres nothing in the SFA rules that say their punishments SHOULD be for league games

fucking SFA are a nightmare

Sounds gd, both won't even be here next yr

No real punishment then, I like it :)

Ally can be punished for any game as I understand it though

All competitions, meaning they would miss games this season.

thats what benchpress was saying mate

the bans for the actual red cards are for scottish cup only, the only time the bans are for all competitions is when its violent conduct

now the fact that no violent conduct was committed, if the players are banned for all competitions then rangers can challenge this and win because there is nothing in the rules that state that the disciplinary hearing can ban players for all competitions

thats what benchpress was saying mate

the bans for the actual red cards are for scottish cup only, the only time the bans are for all competitions is when its violent conduct

now the fact that no violent conduct was committed, if the players are banned for all competitions then rangers can challenge this and win because there is nothing in the rules that state that the disciplinary hearing can ban players for all competitions

Would/could bougies antics be considered violent conduct?

can see both being labeled as "violent conduct" against the referee, its a fucking joke, being fined by a group who's rules are full of holes, should they both be banned get the lawyers onto it to find as many loopholes as possible

For the players I think the rules say that any bans given are applied 14 days after the suspension is handed out, so if they are given x amount of game bans, they will be applied 14 days after the 12th April, therefore the 26th April, and since the old firm game is on the 24th they will be free to play in the old firm game.

Anyway considering the sfa's shocking disciplinary procedure, they can appeal it for as long as they want!

If they do appeal I bet you it's another of they super fast hearings the sfa have been known to hold when rangers are involved.

did it not take them about half an hour to throw out an appeal from us a couple of seasons ago?

Aye your right ,think it was Thomson who appealed about 4:45 and lost the appeal around 4:55 , funny how their system works when it often takes months for OTHERS

Possibly all three will get a two match cup ban (imo)