Full SFA Statement on Media Comment....

JRodgA2k8

The Scottish FA is shocked and angry at coverage in today’s newspapers following an interview given by Paul McBride QC to BBC Scotland.

Scottish FA chief executive Stewart Regan would like to make the following points:

1. We note that Paul McBride does not act on behalf of or as a spokesman for Celtic FC' date=' its manager, or anyone associated with the club.

2. In making his unjustified and inflammatory remarks, Paul McBride appears to be acting as a self-publicist and not as a QC.

3. Paul McBride’s wild and inaccurate statements are defamatory and appear to be malicious.

4. The Scottish FA is now considering, with the benefit of legal advice, [b']whether to sue just Paul McBride for damages or whether to also sue other parties.

5. A formal complaint is being made to the Faculty of Advocates with respect to the way in which Paul McBride has allowed himself to be held out as making comments to the media in his capacity as a QC.

6. We are aware that many observers and members of the public would appreciate clarity on the decisions made at yesterday’s meeting of the Disciplinary Committee. It would be inappropriate to comment publicly on committee decisions until the seven-day time frame for any appeal has elapsed.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2111&newsCategoryID=36&newsID=7602

Other parties eh....I wonder who they could be :sherlock:

As I said yesterday let him carry on.All he is doing is alienating the SFA.Same goes for Lemmon whose new tactic, as he said on the BBC,is to urge the Media to tell it as they see it i.e support his version.This shite started in the Media last weekend with all the sympathetic reporting on Lemmon portraying him as a victim and so it continues.Rangers are doing the right thing at the moment by saying nothing.Let them hang them fucking selves.

Why is this idiot back on Radio Scotland tonight saying basically its his opinion he is not representing celtic and they can sue him if they want.

If he is only speaking for himself then why are the BBC continuing to give him airtime?

This clown is just fanning the flames of a fire that everyone (except them) in Scottish football want to be put out.

His name is tarnished now anyway, so don't really care what happens to him, I do hope he gets what's coming to him, but i doubt anything will happen

But he was speaking for selik'''

McBride added: “We have a Rangers player, Bougherra, manhandling a referee, not once but twice, and there is no ban.

“We have El-Hadji Diouf, who is abusing the Celtic manager and throwing his top into the crowd and refusing to leave the park and behaving badly, no ban.

“I was prepared, as were Celtic, to give it (the SFA) the benefit of the doubt with their various incoherent and inconsistent decisions.

“I don’t think they’re getting the benefit of the doubt now from anyone.

“I don’t think this benefits Rangers either. This makes our governing body look beyond stupid.”

What made them look beyond stupid was when they let Lemon serve his justifiable ban concurrently, when the allowed certain celtc players to get away with calling the referee's cheats, when they allowed one club - celtc - to force the referee's to go on strike.

If the SFA have any balls at all, they'll take this fucker to the cleaners. But I expect it'll end up under the tims carpet with all their other shite.

Tin hat on here!

Paul McBride has been totaly used here by both them and the BBC as I have said in another thread the guy has no intrest in football whatsoever and in fact knows about as much as my grannys cat about it, what he is, is a very good lawyer and that is why they employed him. Now I'm not defending anything he has done or said but I do think it is rather shit how he is being exploited by the real scum in this country!

Tin hat on here!

Paul McBride has been totaly used here by both them and the BBC as I have said in another thread the guy has no intrest in football whatsoever and in fact knows about as much as my grannys cat about it, what he is, is a very good lawyer and that is why they employed him. Now I'm not defending anything he has done or said but I do think it is rather shit how he is been exploited by the real scum in this country!

He is a willing combatant so I have no sympathy. He's a lawyer who thrives on conflict and knows the score. Its his problem and I hope his career suffers. I wonder too if the Scottish Tories will distance themselves from him given these comments and his involvement with them, especially given the upcoming election