• Naismith
    • Lafferty
    • Edu
    • Jelavic
    • Ness
    • Wylde
    • Hutton
    • Other

Could say the same for Jelavic then, as he should be strolling threw this league like mcgregor as he is different class too.

Jelavic is strolling through this league and is not a goalkeeper that often has nothing to do.

Everyone entitled to their opinion but I have to disagree with people voting for McCulloch and Jelavic McCulloch has played half a season as has Jelavic, Yes Jelavic has secured us some vital points but Kenny Miller also did that and actually scored more, and he also played half a season. The player of the season has got to be McGregor but I voted for Whittaker as I feel he doesn't get the recognition he deserves, and is a close 2nd.

Hard to ignore McGregor and if it hadn't been for his rush of blood in the New Years game then yes i wouold vote for him. That was a bad one as i think we could well have gone on to win the game. Hard choice because I don't reckon there's been any player that's been consistent over the season. Narrowed it down to Weir and Whittaker. Reason? Game after game those two look as if they are actually playing for the jersey, 100% every time. Unlike a few others who some days, fail to turn up. Gave it to Whitt in the end simply because he's played in 6-7 different positions throughout the season, taken a fair bit of stick but always gives his all.

Standouts for me have been McGregor, Papac , Whittaker , Naismith and Jelavic.

Had Miller stayed for the whole season there would be no doubt about who would win all the player of the year awards. Would probably have scored over 40 goals.

Miller and jela would both be right up there if they'd played all season.

I voted mcgregor as he's been consistantly outstanding apart from about 2 or 3 games. Ridiculous that he isn't up for the gong.

Naismith I think has missed too many games despite a good start to the season.

Whittaker has had too many shockingly bad moments to seriously be considered, looks a contender at CB oddly enough though!

Perhaps it's testiment to a good team that we are effectively still in control of where the league will end up without really having any outstanding performers??!! Miller would no doubt have been awarded this had the greedy cyunt stayed, not only that but had he stayed I feel he would have lifted the games of others too. Bottom line however the award can only go to one of two players; alan mcGregor for some saves that have kept us in the league or (my shout) davie weir for at 41 years to play more games than any other player (I think) and be where we are under his leadership is a fair acheivement.