Tour of Ibrox

BlueMe

i did the tour today for the first time,and it was fantastic!

walking up the famous marble staircase and seeing the trophy room was unreal

some weird and wonderful gifts we have received from our european opponents aswell.

the history and togetherness of it all just made me so proud to support our great club.

walking through the tunnel and seeing the pitch gave me goosebumps,i can only imagine what it must be like for the players

running our there in front of a capacity crowd...

really was a great day out which ended with a lovely lunch at argyle house.

some weird and wonderful gifts we have received from our european opponents aswell.

the history and togetherness of it all just made me so proud to support our great club.

walking through the tunnel and seeing the pitch gave me goosebumps,i can only imagine what it must be like for the players

thought the trophy room was weird as well mate. we have a plate from villareal iirc?

It's been a while since I went on the tour (more than 6 or 8 years at least) but from what I remember it was absolutely fantastic and I had a great time.

thought the trophy room was weird as well mate. we have a plate from villareal iirc?

aye i noticed that myself mate...there's also the bike we got from st etienne(if thats how you spell it)

cycling was there national sport at the time.

It's great and excellent value for money as well. I recall the historian saying at the tour that the featured memorablia is only one seventh of what memorabilia the club has in its archives. It's a shame that this is the case as it would be great to see more.

On a personal note, my mum recently found a programme from the Rangers v Dinamo Moscow game in 1945 that belonged to my grandad. This was the first time that a Soviet team had ever toured the West and I was keen to donate it to the club and was told to contact Sandy Jardine. My only concern was that given the amount of memorabilia the club has I would hate to think of it gathering dust in some archive, rather than on display....