Naismith voted Rangers player of the Year

Im honestly surprised that Mcgregor never won the players player of the year given the amount of times hes saved their arses this season

I agree mate, but congrats too all who won tonight

Steven Naismith has been average since signing a new contract. OK, he has had a few injuries but I'd have McGregor and Whittaker ahead of him for the Player of the Year award.

Congratulations Steven Naismith.

I also don't think he should have got it but it has been a strange one. We could end up getting TIAR and the League Cup without any player really standing out over the season.

I was at the Hilton last night for the event.

It was a good evening with all worries of takeovers, bans & singing not even mentions (well, except in a few passing jokes by Andy Cameron)

Best laugh of the night was when Andy interviewed both McCulloch & McGregor at the table, after chatting with Jig he asked Allan how he enjoyed the defence that was in front of him .. even one that had a "sheep shagger" in it, his repy was they are all very good players "including the sheep shagger" :)

I think getting Naismith back from injury has shown us that he is a big part of our team. When he was gone, he was definitely missed. And he did have a fantastic start to the season.

But I, too, think Shagger is our best player this year.

McGregor should have got it.

Naismith was second best player tho.

He adds something different and is absolutely vital to the team and it shows when he isn't playing.

Fantastic wee player and he has had an outstanding season.

Injuries or no injuries I'd have given it to Jela.

Whenever he's played this season he's been absolutely sensational. Nobody else in the side even comes close.

Congratulations to Naisy though, probably been his best season in a Gers top.

Steven Naismith has been average since signing a new contract. OK, he has had a few injuries but I'd have McGregor and Whittaker ahead of him for the Player of the Year award.

Whittaker? Wtf

Totally baffled by this..imo he is poor. Shagger, Jela, Wier, Whittaker, Papac, Ness, McCulloch and even Lafferty have all consistently outperformed him this esason. No first touch, no compusure and cannot stay on his feet. Up there with Edu for me as being one of our biggest waste of 2+ mill imo.

I agree at the moment he brings a level of enthusiasm we need just now from a backtracking defensive point of view..but going forward everything just breaks down around him.