Mark Hateley Blaming Our Fans

minstral

From who was sent them it's probable there is a loyalist connection, so people will think that Rangers fan(s) are behind it somehow. These tubes need to be caught and strung up. It disgusts me that people capable of things like this could possibly be associated with Rangers, scum like this should be nowhere near our club.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Orchard Loyal, you make some excellent points about other clubs and also here

"However, I dont see the harm in singing protestent anthems like the sash, derry's wall, build my gallows etc. Whether people like it are not. We are an overwhemingly protestant support and the singing at matches reflects that. Rangers can not be held responsible for sectarianism in Scotland just as Linfield have never been responsible for it in Ulster. It is much more deep seeded than that."

It's true Rangers FC should not be responsible for sectarian chants by some of their fans but the fact is, and you acknowledge this earlier, that they are being held responsible, whether people like it or not. But what I can't agree with is that you seem to believe that sectarianism and insults based on religion etc is acceptable in public places, yet you've had first hand experience of how bad that can get. And you also seem to agree it's not on to sing at the games these days because it hurts the club. But deep down you don't think it's harmful to sing the aforementioned songs in a public forum and during a game watched by hundreds of thousands of people, who really want to watch a (usually exciting) contest between two of football' oldest rivals. Wouldn't or doesn't this perpetuate it all. How can that not be harmful to society? I don't think this kind of thing will ever stop in the Middle-East but people still try. We should try in Scotland and we might even succeed within a few decades but we never will if we as a people allow it to continued. Deep rooted or not. Having said that, I do believe the seeds are sown in Scotland with state supported catholic primary schools and that must stop now. I hope people ask questions about this ahead of the coming elections and see what your MSP says. But those who want to continue to sing do so knowing that apart from a few arrests it will the club who suffers. F**k what that lot do. Rangers supporters have to do the right thing now. Not just for the club but for society as a whole. I just wish the media were not so slanted in their approach to this. Arseholes.

The education argument is a little bit simplistic, in that there are state supported RC schools, along with other denominations, all over Britain, without the same level of problems which are found in the West of Scotland.

The facts remain that a large proportion of our support still see singing songs about Ulster, the IRA, the pope etc as more important than Rangers FC. While that still stands, then it's no surprise to see people who are passionate about the club rage at the actions of the stupid and the lame brained.

It's funny (in a sad way) to see folk attack Hateley, a fantastic servant to the club, but yet don't get the irony that it's their desire to sing about the IRA and the pope that's truly damaging our club.

So when it comes down to it, the people sticking the 'boot in' are the kiddy on supporters who are more concerned about 'timmy' than they are about our club. But I guess slavishly responding to celtic and their fans is how they get their kicks. Personally I couldn't give a shit about anything they do, like Hateley, I've always put Rangers first (unlike a lot of people who put Ulster and the pope well before the club).

Sad that people on here can't see why he's so angry at the damage that's being caused!

Good to see a bit of sense, good post.

Whilst that is true, he also singles out the minority, and blames them for an act of terrorism.

There's no denying that people are jumping to conclusions in assuming this is the work of someone who leans towards Rangers.

From who was sent them it's probable there is a loyalist connection, so people will think that Rangers fan(s) are behind it somehow. These tubes need to be caught and strung up. It disgusts me that people capable of things like this could possibly be associated with Rangers, scum like this should be nowhere near our club.

Seems like we are more desperate to see culprits caught than anyone else, wonder why that is ?

These guys can't make a bomb that blows up, but are better than Bin Laden at evading the cops ? I'm smelling serious shite here, yet none of the media are daring to look at another angle. :rolleyes:

Hateley can go fuck himself. I am not being too harsh or anything. He can go fuck himself. I am sick of his bullshit.

As a player I loved him, an absolute hero to me, but now. Week after week we put up with his shite.

I am sorry, but he can fuck right off.

Hateley can go fuck himself. I am not being too harsh or anything. He can go fuck himself. I am sick of his bullshit.

As a player I loved him, an absolute hero to me, but now. Week after week we put up with his shite.

I am sorry, but he can fuck right off.

You'll get skelfs in your arse if you stay on that fence much longer!

The facts remain that a large proportion of our support still see singing songs about Ulster, the IRA, the pope etc as more important than Rangers FC. While that still stands, then it's no surprise to see people who are passionate about the club rage at the actions of the stupid and the lame brained.

It's funny (in a sad way) to see folk attack Hateley, a fantastic servant to the club, but yet don't get the irony that it's their desire to sing about the IRA and the pope that's truly damaging our club.

So when it comes down to it, the people sticking the 'boot in' are the kiddy on supporters who are more concerned about 'timmy' than they are about our club. But I guess slavishly responding to celtic and their fans is how they get their kicks. Personally I couldn't give a shit about anything they do, like Hateley, I've always put Rangers first (unlike a lot of people who put Ulster and the pope well before the club).

Sad that people on here can't see why he's so angry at the damage that's being caused!

Maybe you couldn't g1970s1971 12 January: Two bombs explode at the house of government minister Robert Carr. This attack was one of 25 carried out by the Angry Brigade between August 1970 and August 1971. The Bomb Squad was established at Scotland Yard in January 1971 to target the group, and they were apprehended in August of that year.[1][2]

1971 31 October: A bomb explodes in the Post Office Tower in London causing extensive damage but no injuries. The "Kilburn Battalion" of the IRA claimed responsibility for the explosion.[3]

1972 22 February: The Official Irish Republican Army kills seven civilians in the Aldershot bombing.

1972 19 September: The group Black September post a letter bomb to the Israeli embassy in London killing an Israeli diplomat.[4]

1973 10 September: The Provisional IRA set off bombs at London's King's Cross Station and Euston Station injuring 21 people.[5]

1974 4 February: Eight Soldiers and 4 civilians are killed by the Provisional IRA in the M62 Coach Bombing.

1974 17 June: The Provisional IRA plant a bomb which explodes at the Houses of Parliament, causing extensive damage and injuring 11 people.[6]

1974 5 October: Guildford pub bombing by the Provisional IRA leaves 4 off duty soldiers and a civilian dead and 44 injured.

1974 22 October: A bomb planted by the Provisional IRA explodes in London injuring 3 people.[7]

1974 21 November: The Birmingham pub bombings, 21 killed and 182 injured.

1974 18 December: Bomb planted by IRA in the run up to Christmas in one of Bristol's most popular shopping districts explodes injuring 17 people.[8]

1978 December 17: Another bomb planted by the IRA aimed at the Christmas shoppers in Bristol takes out the department store Maggs injuring seven people.[9]

1979 30 March: Airey Neave killed when a car bomb exploded under his car as he drove out of the Palace of Westminster car park. The Irish National Liberation Army (INLA) claimed responsibility for the killing.

[edit] 1980s1980 30 April: The Iranian Embassy Siege where a six-man terrorist team held the building for six days until the hostages were rescued by a raid by the SAS which was broadcast live on TV.

1982 20 July: The Hyde Park and Regents Park bombings in London by the IRA kill eleven members of the Household Cavalry and the Royal Green Jackets.

1982 30 November: A group called the Animal Rights Militia sent a letter bomb to Margaret Thatcher at 10 Downing Street, the device exploded injuring one person.[10]

1983 17 December: Harrods was bombed by the IRA. Six are killed (including three police officers) and 90 wounded during Christmas shopping at the West London department store. (See 17 December 1983 Harrods bombing)

1984 12 October: Brighton hotel bombing, 5 killed and several injured in an attempt by the IRA to kill Margaret Thatcher.

1988 21 December: Pan Am Flight 103 (Lockerbie) blown up by a bomb in a suitcase while in flight over Scotland after taking off from Heathrow. 270 were killed.

1989 22 September: Deal barracks bombing: Eleven Royal Marines bandsmen are killed and 22 injured when base in Deal, Kent, is bombed by the IRA.

[edit] 1990s1990 16 May: Wembley IRA detonate a bomb underneath a minibus killing Sgt Charles Chapman (The Queen's Regiment) and injuring another soldier.

1990 1 June: Lichfield City railway station 1 soldier is killed and 2 are injured in a shooting by the Provisional Irish Republican Army

1990 20 July: The IRA detonate a bomb at the London Stock Exchange causing damage to the building. Nobody was injured in the blast.[11]

1990 30 July: Ian Gow MP killed by a car bomb planted by the IRA while at his home in Sussex.

1991 7 February: The IRA launched three mortar shells at the rear garden of 10 Downing Street.

1991 18 February: A bomb explodes at Victoria Station. One man is killed and 38 people injured.

1992 28 February 1992: A bomb explodes at London Bridge station injuring 29 people.

1992 10 April: Baltic Exchange bombing: A large bomb explodes in St Mary Axe in the City of London. The bomb was contained in a large white truck and consisted of a fertilizer device wrapped with a detonation cord made from Semtex. It killed three people: Paul Butt, 29, Baltic Exchange employee Thomas Casey, 49, and 15-year old Danielle Carter. The bomb also caused damage to surrounding buildings, many of which were also badly damaged by the Bishopsgate bombing the following year. The bomb caused £800 million worth of damage, £200 million more than the total damaged caused by the 10,000 explosions that had occurred during the Troubles in Northern Ireland up to that point.[12]

1992 25 August: The IRA plant three fire bombs in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Bombs were placed in Shoplatch, The Charles Darwin Centre and Shrewsbury Castle. The latter causing the most damage as the castle housed the Shropshire Regimental Museum and many priceless historical aritifacts were lost and damaged by fire and smoke. No fatalities or injuries were recorded.

1992 12 October: A device explodes in the gents' toilet of the Sussex Arms public house in Covent Garden killing one person and injuring four others.

1992 16 November: IRA plants a bomb at the Canary Wharf, but is spotted by security guards. The bomb is deactivated safely.

1992 3 December: The IRA exploded two bombs in central Manchester, injuring 65 people.[13]

1993 20 March: Warrington bomb attacks. The first attack, on a gasworks, created a huge fireball but no casualties, but the second attack on Bridge Street killed two children and injured many other people. The attacks were conducted by the IRA.

1993 24 April: IRA detonate a huge truck bomb in the City of London at Bishopsgate, It killed journalist Ed Henty, injured over 40 people, and causing approximately £1 billion worth of damage,[12] including the destruction of St Ethelburga's church, and serious damage to Liverpool St. Tube Station. Police had received a coded warning, but were still evacuating the area at the time of the explosion. The insurance payments required were so enormous, that Lloyd's of London almost went bankrupt under the strain, and there was a crisis in the London insurance market. The area had already suffered damage from the Baltic Exchange bombing the year before. (see 1993 Bishopsgate bombing)

1996 9 February 1996: The IRA bombs the South Quay area of London, killing two people. (see 1996 Docklands bombing)

1996 15 June: The Manchester bombing when the IRA detonated a 1500 kg bomb which heavily damaged the Arndale shopping centre and injured 206 people.

1996 15 February: A 5 lb bomb placed in a telephone box is disarmed by Police on the Charing Cross Road.

1996 18 February: An improvised high explosive device detonates prematurely on a bus travelling along Aldwych in central London, killing Edward O'Brien, the IRA operative transporting the device and injuring eight others.

1997 March: The IRA exploded two bombs in relay boxes near Wilmslow railway station, thereby causing great disruption to rail and road services, in Wilmslow and the surrounding area.

1999 17 April, 24 April, 30 April: David Copeland set off three nail bombs in London targeting the black, Bangladeshi and gay communities respectively, killing 3 and injuring 129. Convicted of murder on 30 June 2000.

Refer also to the list of IRA terrorist incidents presented to Parliament between 1980 and 1994, listed halfway down the page here

[edit] 2000-present2000 1 June: Real IRA bomb explodes on Hammersmith Bridge, London

2000 20 September: Real IRA fired a RPG at the MI6 HQ in London SIS Building

2001 4 March: The Real IRA detonate a car bomb outside the BBC's main news centre in London. One London Underground worker suffered deep cuts to his eye from flying glass and some damage was caused to the front of the building.[14] (See 4 March 2001 BBC bombing)

2001 16 April: Hendon post office bombed by the Real IRA.

2001 6 May: The Real IRA detonate a bomb in a London postal sorting office. One person was injured.[15]

2001 3 August: A Real IRA Bomb in Britain explodes in Ealing, West London, injuring seven people.[16] (See 3 August 2001 Ealing bombing)

2001 4 November: Real IRA car bomb explodes in Birmingham[17]

2005 7 July: The 7 July 2005 London bombings conducted by four separate Islamist extremist suicide bombers, killing 56 people and injuring 700.

2007 January - February: The 2007 United Kingdom letter bombs

2007 30 June: 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack perpetrated by Islamist extremists.

2008 22 May: 22 May 2008 Exeter bombing by an Islamist extremist, injuring only the perpetrator.

Maybe you couldn't give a shit what they sing about but I and many others fuckin could.

Not including what they did in Ulster.

They're all queuing up to stick the boot in.

Jim Bett (remember him?) is in one of the rags doing likewise.

It's a one-way street of condemnation at Rangers FC and its support - yet not one jot of evidence to suggest that there is a Rangers link.

Innuendo and supposition 24/7.

I'm getting heartily sick of it.

Jim Bett ffs that really is scraping the bottom of the barrel :anguish: .

So why should the Rangers club or all the Rangers fans be associated with a nutter who sends bombs?. Does this mean every tim who assalts someone up the town tonight is to be associated with septic?

They're all queuing up to stick the boot in.

Jim Bett (remember him?) is in one of the rags doing likewise.

It's a one-way street of condemnation at Rangers FC and its support - yet not one jot of evidence to suggest that there is a Rangers link.

Innuendo and supposition 24/7.

I'm getting heartily sick of it.

Yes clocked this one, where the fuck did they dig Jim Bett up from and why ? I see they've teamed him up with that dog mark maghee for some shit, very strange ? :sherlock:

I for one do not believe this has a Rangers Connection.

A suspect Package is sent to Labour MP Brian Wilson They have a 100 m cordon placed around the alledged device yet there is a picture in todays paper with a copper standing holding the package at arms length. And since when has it ever taken the Bomb Disposal squad over 12 hours to get to a suspect package. This stinks more and more with every day 1. macgobblegiver leaks the news . 2. Suddenly Godman or whatever her name is and the QC get sent suspect packages all given Mega press coverage.All this during the build up to another old firm game just the same as before the last two or three when T.L.B RECEIVED SO CALLED BULLETS IN THE POST. I may be hounded for this but it`s to fucking obvious,it all smacks of a put up job to me. No surrender W.A.T.P.What the hell is gonna happen when this blows up in the Mhanks faces (please excuse the pun ).

Jim Bett ffs that really is scraping the bottom of the barrel :anguish: .

That Bett article was cringeworthy. It smacked heartily of a search for anything an ex ‘Ger might say that cast the club in a poor light. I’m amazed they didn’t get a hold of Derek Ferguson to apply a negative spin discuss his work with Show Racism The Red Card.

fuck the pope and the vatican.fuck of hateley dont try and try to educate me on what being a rangers fan is.i was born a bear and will die a bear you came hear for the money.just fuck you and stop trying to win taigs over

It's par for thr course now.

Look at the difference between Hateley column and Hartsons!

That fat welsh pie swoons over celtic week-in-week-out, avoiding the truth where it hurts, and laying on as much pro-tim propaganda as he can.

Hateley's almost scared to mention he wants Rangers to win.

I for one do not believe this has a Rangers Connection.

A suspect Package is sent to Labour MP Brian Wilson They have a 100 m cordon placed around the alledged device yet there is a picture in todays paper with a copper standing holding the package at arms length. And since when has it ever taken the Bomb Disposal squad over 12 hours to get to a suspect package. This stinks more and more with every day 1. macgobblegiver leaks the news . 2. Suddenly Godman or whatever her name is and the QC get sent suspect packages all given Mega press coverage.All this during the build up to another old firm game just the same as before the last two or three when T.L.B RECEIVED SO CALLED BULLETS IN THE POST. I may be hounded for this but it`s to fucking obvious,it all smacks of a put up job to me. No surrender W.A.T.P.What the hell is gonna happen when this blows up in the Mhanks faces (please excuse the pun ).

I said the exact same thing yesterday.

If packages were sent it wouldn't surprise me if they were sent by Taigs...plus the republican pess certainly done their job by making it UK wide and getting the PM involved.

The education argument is a little bit simplistic, in that there are state supported RC schools, along with other denominations, all over Britain, without the same level of problems which are found in the West of Scotland.

It's not simplistic, only in Scotland is it enshrined in the law that all RC children have the right to attend RC schools, RC schools are optional and not mandatory in the rest of the UK.

They have tinkered with the rules by allowing non RC children into their schools (only a percentage) but any child baptised into the RC has the right and priority over others to be educated in their schools.

I live close to an RC school and I've never seen a pupil wearing anything other than a celtic top on the playing feild, on the other hand I've seen both at non denominational schools.

Some nutter is sending bombs to N. Lennon and some others. No-one knows who is doing it. It could be anyone. Who-ever it is should be jailed for life. RFC Supporters wholeheartedly condemn this person.

Please though, let's not assume it is one of us. We have enough problems as it is. Let's wait and see on that one.

Sunday- Let's be careful about what we sing. The world is watching and millions waiting to jump on us for the least little thing. I just hope any police action taken is in the Scum end for offensive chanting of IRA nonsense.

Some nutter is sending bombs to N. Lennon and some others. No-one knows who is doing it. It could be anyone. Who-ever it is should be jailed for life. RFC Supporters wholeheartedly condemn this person.

Please though, let's not assume it is one of us. We have enough problems as it is. Let's wait and see on that one.

Sunday- Let's be careful about what we sing. The world is watching and millions waiting to jump on us for the least little thing. I just hope any police action taken is in the Scum end for offensive chanting of IRA nonsense.

YES - things will change with that attitude ? no

For the rangers fans decent couldny give a monkeys you explain why we are in the news front page

Im sick of it and the excuses yes lennon is one of the least respected celtic managers of all time

because his appearance and John Reid milking the attention.but we need to sing rangers songs and highlight the non celtic chants

But Mark hately geting pelters - show some respect bawbags a legend he is from outwith scotland - show some respect .

YES - things will change with that attitude ? no

For the rangers fans decent couldny give a monkeys you explain why we are in the news front page

Im sick of it and the excuses yes lennon is one of the least respected celtic managers of all time

because his appearance and John Reid milking the attention.but we need to sing rangers songs and highlight the non celtic chants

But Mark hately geting pelters - show some respect bawbags a legend he is from outwith scotland - show some respect .

Nice of you to call fellow bears bawbags, just like your hero Mark blaming Rangers fans without any proof.

It's not simplistic, only in Scotland is it enshrined in the law that all RC children have the right to attend RC schools, RC schools are optional and not mandatory in the rest of the UK.

They have tinkered with the rules by allowing non RC children into their schools (only a percentage) but any child baptised into the RC has the right and priority over others to be educated in their schools.

I live close to an RC school and I've never seen a pupil wearing anything other than a celtic top on the playing feild, on the other hand I've seen both at non denominational schools.

So is it now the legislation that causes the problem, and not the separation at 5?

Nice of you to call fellow bears bawbags, just like your hero Mark blaming Rangers fans without any proof.

Im not out here to make friends - I f you want to disrespect hately for his views

stuff you pal that person took his club to another level .

Im not interested in songs just the club and our future manager said it - but you carry on and the rest

get it in your thick heads sing to your oarse but you will neve taking my love my club away

you sing the songs that hurt OUR CLUB .