Unirea Urziceni

Thommo

Just a year and a half ago Unirea Urziceni beat us 4-1 at Ibrox, beat Sevilla 1-0 and drew with Stuttgart in the Champions League.

Currently, they are second bottom of the Romanian League and look certain to be relegated, astonoshing turn around.

Wonder what happened to them, think they only have about 3 or 4 of the players that they had in that Champions League campaign.

Petrescu left for a Russian second division club (got them promoted last year), so that might be why it's all gone to pot.

Still one of my worst matches as a Rangers supporter- we were just so unlucky that night. What's worse was I remember how shite they were in the first 10 minutes, and telling my brother that I could see us taking 5 or 6 off them :anguish:

I was thinking the same. I still believe they were very lucky that night.

Petrescu left for a Russian second division club (got them promoted last year), so that might be why it's all gone to pot.

Still one of my worst matches as a Rangers supporter- we were just so unlucky that night. What's worse was I remember how shite they were in the first 10 minutes, and telling my brother that I could see us taking 5 or 6 off them :anguish:

They were lucky as fuck, 3 deflected goals and an OG iirc .

I thought we were gonna hammer them aswell when we scored so early :disappointment:

I honestly thought every team in our group would put 4 or 5 past them each game. I still think they were doing OK when they replaced Petrescu with Ronny Levy but I've just found out they are now managed by Marian Pana. I just find it hard to believe how they can go from one extreme to the other in such a short space of time. :lol:

they were, until petrescu made a change to counter our formation

they tore us apart down the wings after that, and we did nothing to counter it :angry:

I honestly thought every team in our group would put 4 or 5 past them each game. I still think they were doing OK when they replaced Petrescu with Ronny Levy but I've just found out they are now managed by Marian Pana. I just find it hard to believe how they can go from one extreme to the other in such a short space of time. :lol:

because they had an astonishing rise to glory , but then had their best players , and manager who was a huge influence , handpicked at will by bigger , richer clubs .

Almost exactly the same thing has happened with Wolfsburg in Germany . They are still real candidates for the drop this season .

because they had an astonishing rise to glory , but then had their best players , and manager who was a huge influence , handpicked at will by bigger , richer clubs .

Almost exactly the same thing has happened with Wolfsburg in Germany . They are still real candidates for the drop this season .

True mate, but you would think they would be able to replace their key players using money they recieved from transfer fees and Champions league. Not sure if they have financial problems though.

No wonder they're down there look at wiki:

Dumitru BucÅŸaru sold almost the entire team during the first half of the championship, Unirea now playing with loaned players from Steaua II BucureÅŸti and Dinamo II BucureÅŸti

1 Romania GK George Curcă (on loan from Dinamo București)

2 Romania DF Bogdan Mustaţă (on loan from Steaua II București)

4 Romania DF Valeriu Lupu (on loan from Steaua II București)

5 Romania DF Marius Ioniţă (on loan from Dinamo București)

6 Romania MF Apostol Muzac (on loan from Steaua II București)

8 Romania MF Mihai Onicaș (on loan from Steaua București)

9 Romania FW Georgian Tobă

14 Romania FW Raul Rusescu

15 Romania DF George Buşcă (on loan from Universitatea Cluj)

16 Romania DF Epaminonda Nicu

17 Romania MF Paul Ţene (on loan from Universitatea Cluj)

18 Ghana DF George Blay

20 Romania DF Alin Toşca (on loan from Steaua II București)

22 Romania MF Sergiu Scărlătescu (on loan from Dinamo București)

24 Romania DF Ioan Mera (on loan from Politehnica Timisoara)

25 Romania MF Răzvan Pădureţu

30 Romania MF Georgian Marcu (on loan from Dinamo București)

31 Romania DF Adrian Senin (on loan from Astra PloieÅŸti)

32 Romania MF Iulian Apostol

76 Romania GK Cornel Cernea

90 Romania FW Adrian Mihalcea

— Romania MF Marius Măldărăşanu

— Moldova MF Artur Pătraş (on loan from Politehnica Timisoara)

— Republic of Macedonia DF Zlatko Boskovski

Just aswell Romania has no loan player rules :craphead:

It's a different story with Wolfsburg, some players are gone (Dzeko most recent), but Wolfsburg have been the biggest spenders in Germany backed by Volkswagen. It just hasn't clicked for them this season. I doubt they'll get relegated though.