Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

The squad is terrible but Clement has been equally poor recently too imo.

He'll obviously get the summer and a good go at next season, but I was more excited 2 months ago than I am now.

Hopefully a summer refresh and good rebuild gets us back on track. 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

The squad is terrible but Clement has been equally poor recently too imo.

He'll obviously get the summer and a good go at next season, but I was more excited 2 months ago than I am now.

Hopefully a summer refresh and good rebuild gets us back on track. 

How can people say he's been equally poor? He's still working with the same squad of shite that we all know to be capitulating bastards.

That they're not up for the fight isn't on him, it's the same old bloody story, we knew they weren't!

Judge him when he's blew this squad apart and got a new one.

3 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

This narrative of clement being poor, genuine question. What would have any other manager been able to do ? Make them less shite and install a winning mentality in a bunch of serial losers ? 

Probably impossible task in hindsight. A manager should do better than 15 points in 10 matches. He should have a style of play. We should look the dominant side against Ross County hearts etc. He should play to hide our defensively deficiencies. We are a fucking mess.

I like Clement and I have more faith in him than the previous 2, but I'm not a fan of giving yet another manager free reign to rebuild the squad. 

What if this one doesn't work out either? Do we have to get rid of them all and rebuild again next summer when a new manager has different plans?

We're a big enough club that we shouldn't be putting all the power into the manager, who if succeeds he'll likely be gone within a season or two and if he fails will be gone within 12 months. 

We seem to be so incompetent within the recruitment/scouting/football operations departments that we rely on the manager doing everything. 

We're going down the same route as Man Utd which is a route no one wants to follow. 

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I like Clement and I have more faith in him than the previous 2, but I'm not a fan of giving yet another manager free reign to rebuild the squad. 

What if this one doesn't work out either? Do we have to get rid of them all and rebuild again next summer when a new manager has different plans?

We're a big enough club that we shouldn't be putting all the power into the manager, who if succeeds he'll likely be gone within a season or two and if he fails will be gone within 12 months. 

We seem to be so incompetent within the recruitment/scouting/football operations departments that we rely on the manager doing everything. 

We're going down the same route as Man Utd which is a route no one wants to follow. 

Don't really understand this. Regardless of whether or not we keep Clement, whoever is in charge in the summer will have to rebuild this squad, right ?

May as well be the guy that's seen them play for a half season.

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

We're not rebuilding again because we changed managers we're rebuilding again because last year's rebuild was a massive failure, regardless of who the manager was

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

His team selections have been poor, our style of play, motivation and tactics have regressed and our form has fallen off a cliff massively since Ross County.

If you disagree then fine

His team selection has been drastically affected by injuries and players being unavailable.

He commented in one of his pressers that one of our coming jobs over the summer was rebuilding the medical and fitness department because it was effectively, a joke.

And our form going off a cliff, coincided with this squad's typical capitulation when the pressure was on. 

You can't fairly judge Clement on this squad.

I think some forget just how badly this squad has been letting us down for YEARS.

the fact we got back into the title race with only 3 loan signings (one of which was out for the season after a handful of games) and we lost Sima for a large chunk of the season as well was miraculous.

13 players from our shite squad were out for the midweek game….13!

The players have buckled every year apart from 20/21 when there were now fans in the stadiums so making the Scottish cup final and topping the league gave the impression this squad were capable of actually winning a treble but as soon as we returned to the top they reverted to type and buckled under the wave of expectation and pressure.

Clement has had to keep his thoughts to himself or at least confined to the dressing room as he’s dealing with a bunch of snowflakes in the hope we could somehow have managed to continue picking up points and even now he’s still having to carefully manage this as much as he’d probably love to just be done with the shite from the squad.

I’m really hoping that Koppen can help shift players out as well as bring in exciting, hungry and younger players to get some much needed energy, desire and motivation back in the sqaud. It’s a huge task but I’m hopeful we can see this squad ripped apart and a new one put together.

Clement did make some odd team selections and substitutions so the jury is still out on him but make a full judgement just now with this squad is just not right…..even Beale was given a full summer window (which undoubtedly fucked us over)

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

We are Man United.

Biggest team in the country 

Grossly Mismanaged on and off park.

Shocking recruitment.

A fanbase that has forgotten what club is about and supports mediocrity.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

We're not rebuilding again because we changed managers we're rebuilding again because last year's rebuild was a massive failure, regardless of who the manager was

It does matter though , we allowed beale to build a squad with no width , and with a certain midfield structure in mind  , then change manager to a guy who wants to play with proper wingers and a different midfield set up 

Just now, the old guard said:

A good manager gets the best out of players no matter the level. What players has the manager got the best out of since he arrived? Genuine question.

Maybe this is the best some of these players can do ?

Big Phil has had to work with the left overs from about 5 different managers, no preseason, injury prone players, players who are just now good enough anymore and players who have a losers mentality. PC has brought in 3 players, 2 are loans (stop gaps) and the permanent is Diomande (22 years old). PC was never going to be able to turn these players in to what is needed but he has been able to galvanise  them enough to win a cup, make a league run (after we all thought it was done in October) and take us into another cup final. He will have his preferred systems but he will need the right players to execute them. Our players are dross and he has done wonders with both hands tied behind his back with the almighty mess Beale left behind. PC has stated that recruitment is not his thing but I am sure he is  talking to Nils Koppen about what he wants in players and in what positions. PC has also identified that our injury prevention and recovery methods are not working and he is getting involved in this. PC has a mountain of problems to sort at Ibrox all caused by previous managers and poor board level decision making. Can we just cut him some slack instead of taking our anger out on him because of seasons of failure before he was here. The seasons of failure sits with the players who have consistently failed under several managers, not our present manager. This will take more than 1 window and a summer preseason to fix.

Nils Koppen is the man to bring in the players and I am sure he and PC have been speaking about what is needed long before now.

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It does matter though , we allowed beale to build a squad with no width , and with a certain midfield structure in mind  , then change manager to a guy who wants to play with proper wingers and a different midfield set up 

Exactly this.

Past 4 managers - Gerrard - 4-3-2-1

Gio 4-2-3-1

Beale - 4-3-2-1

Clement 4-2-3-1

Absolutely no continuity which in turn leads to a constant massive turnover.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I love this its solely on Clement we got back in the title picture, nothing to do with the players. 

However, the last ten results is solely the players fault...

Look you're an absolute idiot if you think he shouldn't get the summer even if we lose next weekend. However, far too many once again have their head in the sand with not allowing Clement any blame or admitting his many faults and mistakes the last two or so months.

Also an idiot if you refuse to accept hes under huge pressure(correctly) if we lose next weekend and fall behind in the league early next season.

Swap Clement for Beale and it’s same statements as this time last year.

8 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Even worse, Beale got rid of all width then reverted to playing with wingers. :ang:

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I love this its solely on Clement we got back in the title picture, nothing to do with the players. 

However, the last ten results is solely the players fault...

Look you're an absolute idiot if you think he shouldn't get the summer even if we lose next weekend. However, far too many once again have their head in the sand with not allowing Clement any blame or admitting his many faults and mistakes the last two or so months.

Also an idiot if you refuse to accept hes under how pressure(correctly) if we lose next weekend and fall behind in the league early next season.

Clement got them firing enough to even be back in a position of being in a race for the title, whatever his instructions were and what he was doing with them in training was working. 

Suddenly we're in a position where we can overtake celtic and set some distance, and this squad reverted to type.

No identifiable shape, no real urgency, no chasing down loose balls, no sense of what they were doing defensively, despite having done everything fine until that point.

I think it'd be wrong to assume he'd not be under any pressure if next season with his own squad starts badly.

But this squad have done what we've seen them do countless times, and are putting pressure on another manager for it.

Round in circles.

It's the squad. They need to go.