Big Steven Thompson released by Burnley

He will end up at a League 1 team or someone like Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs I'd imagine.

They also released Kevin McDonald who used to play with Dundee. He will probably end up at a League 1 team or an average SPL team aswell.

Sad to see Thommo go, was a key player during our promotion season and I'll never forget his goal at Reading. It's a shame he's never really been given an opportunity since as towards the end of last season he scored 4 consecutive goals in the Premier League..and that's no easy going.

Met him after the Arsenal home game last year, came across really well and had a chat with him for a good 5 mins. He called me 'a good lad!' in his strong Scot accent. Absolute legend in my eyes, all the best to him..but there's no way he's good enough for Rangers now..even he knows that.

Kevin McDonald could do a good job up here but he needs to sort his fucking head out, on the piss a lot locally near me. Bags of potential but has thrown it away so far, he needs some stern disciplining and maybe could turn out to be a good player.